Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 525981 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #210 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 10:31:01 »

Aaah, that's why the MOT history site  couldn't find it (yes its taxed and insured  Smiley )

Can't find PLG2 though
Yeah there is no PLG2 or PIG1 or PIG2

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Formerly Drummer Boy

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 11:15:32 »

I still can’t see what the attraction is for the Yanks. A lower league club, fractured and pissed off fan base, in need of an input of cash to be competitive.

Are you kidding? The opportunity is huge for this club. With the right investment and restoring faith back into the local community, this club could be a top League 1 team pushing into mid-table Championship aspiration.

Renovate the County Ground, opportunity to develop into the beating heart of the Swindon business community with functional facilities offering, facilities to host exhibitions and conferences with a bar/ pub with decent food that locals willcome outside of match days to eat and drink. It's not like there are actually many decent places to go eat or drink in Swindon these days!? Accompany all of that with a hotel and local gym on-site... Really develop the commercial offerings of the club.. Bring the fans back, focus on developing that match day experience..

The opportunity and attraction to grow Swindon Town, rich with history, it's a sleepy tall person waiting to be awoken. We might not be Premier League but Championship is easily obtainable, consolidate, grow the youth development and set a new vision from there. It's not like in the north where you've got 4 or 5 big clubs within walking distance to each other.

I used to be that kid with the drum in the Nationwide and Town End - Be nice to me or I'll tell my Mum Smiley
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 11:21:27 »

I totally agree the potential is huge if we could only get the right owners to take us forward. The population of Swindon is nearing 225,000 with lots of new families that have moved here and last seasons 13,500 sell out against Exeter on a cold January day after Xmas is proof of what we could get on a regular basis plus more if we had first class facilities.

So, give no fucks
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 11:46:50 »

Championship is easily obtainable

I'll have what he's having
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 11:48:54 »

I though that but I didn't want to get pelters for suggesting that STFC might not be one of the other 40 or so self proclaimed 'sleeping giants'.

Nothing to see here
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 11:49:04 »

Of course the potential is huge at Swindon, but what makes anyone think that ABLE would even consider  the club in its plans? they are literally JUST a property developer, they are not interested in the football side of things at all they will buy the club, buy the ground with an inflated value to the council with no involvement of the trust.

And then buy out the debenture that is in place for a fee of about £1m (I think was quoted), liquidate the club in so the club cannot continue in the football league or any league, they get kicked out like Bury and they have an area ready to be developed with no football club to interfere with thing and Power gets his little bit extra when this all goes through.

Yeah loads to be excited about!

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Flashheart

« Reply #216 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:10:59 »

I though that but I didn't want to get pelters for suggesting that STFC might not be one of the other 40 or so self proclaimed 'sleeping giants'.

That's a strawman. I don't think I've ever seen anybody say that once.
Flashheart

« Reply #217 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:11:48 »

Of course the potential is huge at Swindon, but what makes anyone think that ABLE would even consider  the club in its plans?

You've already answered your own question.
Jilted John

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:21:38 »

You've already answered your own question.
They are 100% not interested in football potential or fanbase potential they are only interested in the potential sale value of the land and ground

We're not really violent people... this is our first gun.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:22:50 »

That is unfair. Today it is way out of reach. In a few seasons with the right backing and stewardship very obtainable. Lest you forget we got to the PL. ok that ended badly but it is still possible.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:27:20 »

They are 100% not interested in football potential or fanbase potential they are only interested in the potential sale value of the land and ground
Why would you think the council would renege on their decision to offer 50% to the Trust?

Personally, I’d love it if someone popped up from nowhere with £1m and progressed the CG purchase with the Trust.
Flashheart

« Reply #221 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:28:08 »

I don't exactly trust able either - but a few people already seem to be coming up with their own 'facts'
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:31:43 »

It’s easy to see why. They are already tainted by being Power’s favoured exit strategy ergo they’re just as dodgy.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:38:56 by The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #223 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:32:43 »

I completely get the mistrust, but still...

RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:46:48 »

Able or Clem, I don't see the attraction of investing in STFC itself.  

New ground ideas with spin off activities etc sounds great.  But who would benefit from such spin offs?  The buyers and developers of course.  No way would this ever truly benefit STFC unless the investor was also a philanthropist with some connection to the local area.  In exchange for financing the economic running of a lower league club, the investor seeks a return from property development (eg multi-putpose training pitches, the main ground) and transfer activity profits.  

Nothing is easy.  We'd love a Lansdown or a Madjeski.  Clem might do for us but expect more bumbling at best.  Good enough for me if STFC is well run but with our "potential" we offer sufficient advantages to be a respected L1 club rather than a L1/L2 yoyo club - or worse.
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 17, 2021, 12:51:59 by RedRag » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: