Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526036 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #150 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 11:53:50 »

Has this actually been stated anywhere?

No, it hasn't.

If anything it's been said that the money available and the budget will remain the same. Jed has said something along the lines of being more realistic in spending (can't find the quote now). That could be open to interpretation, but it has not been said that costs will be cut.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 11:55:36 »

I would imagine our biggest cost over the last couple of seasons has been paying off contracts for failed signings, so hopefully next season we will immediately have less of a drain on resources.

I see KMac as a "project" type manager, who needs to be able to build a young team over a couple of seasons. As others have said, Walsall show that you can assemble a competetive team from free signings, loans and youngsters in the lower leagues.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 12:03:32 »

I would imagine our biggest cost over the last couple of seasons has been paying off contracts for failed signings, so hopefully next season we will immediately have less of a drain on resources.

And paying the Agent who made those signings an Agent's fee?

What with that and the management salaries that would be a great saving, whilst I accept that PdC's salaries etc have disappeared what about Spencer, wasn't he on some sort of retainer so unless he resigned that with PdC (why should he) I imagine we have got to pay until it ends or pay some form of severence fee - that quite possibly is why the costs are still too high for now as suggestd by Jedders? - I have no evidnce to support this, but then again thats seems to be the norm with the new lot!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 12:40:07 »

Has this actually been stated anywhere?

And should we not be looking at cost cutting as the club is (and has been for god knows how long) failing to wash its face in terms of sustainability? There are a number of ways to potentially do this, reduce ground rent for instance, but to immediately say as fact that it means a team of youth teamers does seem to be scare mongering a little.

I don't think it needs to be...you don't have to sell your main asset to a competitor, to get you through to the end of the season, to know the current situation is unsustainable...at no point have I said a team full of youth, we still have a nucleus of players contracted for next season, who won't attract other clubs....this will form the nucleus of the side, and then some loans and youth players, pretty much as it is at the moment, but a bit extra.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 13:13:42 »

T

ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 15:44:31 »

Every little helps...but it would be interesting to know what remuneation the magnificent 7 are receiving, for services rendered.
what would you consider to be an excessive salary?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 16:18:42 »

what would you consider to be an excessive salary?

Anything...outside of some expenses.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 17:57:35 »

T
good point, well made.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 18:11:24 »

T

Wrong thread >>>>>>>>>> http://thetownend.com/index.php?topic=51289.0

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 18:20:46 »

For fuck sake I need to stop putting my phone in my pocket without looking the keypad

JJ876

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 20:15:58 »

I'm thinking they saw an opportunity to pick up a football club in a good position, bide their time for a bit without spending much and sell it on at a profit.

I agree I suspect this is the plan. Opportunities to buy a football club for next to nothing at the top of a professional league near the end of a season don't come around very often, Andrew Black's desire for a quick sale helped them achieve this.

On the subject of Lee Power Cre8 Publishing (and it's predecessor Cre8 UK) have upset a lot of football clubs. Apologies if this link had already been posted.

http://www.thedrum.com/news/2011/05/03/cre8-publishing-liquidation-leaving-creditors-including-arsenal-old-firm-owed-more
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Thursday, April 18, 2013, 20:39:16 »

Cheesy
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 06:50:54 »

Anything...outside of some expenses.

So to confirm the clubs owners should pump money into the club and take nothing out, and the executives should work gratis, which means most likely that they are going to have other jobs to feed their families and thus spend little time on the club.

This paranoia that they are fleecing this cash cow of STFC which cost Black £10+m in 4 years baffles me.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 08:16:14 »

This paranoia that they are fleecing this cash cow of STFC which cost Black £10+m in 4 years baffles me.

Presumably you didn't live through the Donnegan/Bletchley era then. They ran a closed shop and were spending without investing. This is probably nothing like that (I hope so!), but once bitten twice as shy.

FWIW : My biggest paranoid thought isn't that they are purposely taking the club to the cleaners. Its that they don't have the cash to keep us from getting into another mess.

In any case I'd hope a meeting between the supporters groups and the board would let Jed set out his stall and give people a better understanding of things - a positive step!
« Last Edit: Friday, April 19, 2013, 08:18:32 by Batch » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Friday, April 19, 2013, 09:44:32 »

So to confirm the clubs owners should pump money into the club and take nothing out, and the executives should work gratis, which means most likely that they are going to have other jobs to feed their families and thus spend little time on the club.

I'm a shareholder in STFC, only a few hundred, but if the company made a profit, then I might expect a dividend. Similarly for a major shareholder.  The club should employ a clerk...to do the  bean counting etc. 

Ron Morse did it for years quite successfully without too much fuss.  If, the bean counter happens to be a Board member than so be it...he'll need to be paid. However, I would prefer it if the job was opened up to a proper process of recruitment...rather than being a job for your mates...

There's some interesting stuff recently come out about the eye watering sums, that Directors and CEO's pay themseves in te greed league...so for example Niall Quinn took 2.4 mill from PdC's mob in 2011/12.

I don't suppose this sort of largesse will have escaped the notice of our lot...who probably think it entirely right for them to get their snouts in the albeit much smaller trough.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: