Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 526046 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:46:23 »

I suppose (and I'm not suggesting this is the case) that they could just pocket all incomes, like gate receipts, prize money, TV money, transfer fees, season tickets, then disappear leaving us in administration? That's the only way I can see them milking any money whatsoever out of the club (in the guise of wages and bonuses), but I have no idea if, or even how, that could be possible. Football clubs don't generally make profit, so it's the only scam I can come up with!

Wasn't this the whole point of the infamous bond that they had to place with the FA before it was all agreed, so they could not do this??

I am in no way a board apologist, but equally I would like facts before I light the flaming torch. A lot of the links to Luton do worry, but equally in at least one case didn't he (cant remember which one of the merry band it was) actually bail precisely because the dodgy stuff was happening?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:47:13 »

[url width=350 height=310]http://24.media.tumblr.com/a24c9bab104ad6b4fe6bff522a01ea02/tumblr_ml8d7xlsT21qiip6uo1_400.gif[/url]
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:48:35 »

Wasn't this the whole point of the infamous bond that they had to place with the FA before it was all agreed, so they could not do this??

Yeah, probably... i was just musing aloud with regards to what the motivations could be, as I get the impression that they're dodgy, but have no idea what they hope to get out of it!

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:51:19 »

Yeah, probably... i was just musing aloud with regards to what the motivations could be, as I get the impression that they're dodgy, but have no idea what they hope to get out of it!
I'm thinking they saw an opportunity to pick up a football club in a good position, bide their time for a bit without spending much and sell it on at a profit.
Flashheart

« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 14:55:09 »

I'm thinking they saw an opportunity to pick up a football club in a good position, bide their time for a bit without spending much and sell it on at a profit.

I wouldn't be too averse to that provided they looked after it in the meantime. If that is their plan, it would be in their best interests to look after it as well.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:02:43 »

Ironic that our most useful asset here seems to be our lamentable lack of assets.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:04:46 »

Perhaps building an evil lair under the pitch?

We shall see, they have not really done a great deal yet to judge either way
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:06:01 »

I wouldn't be too averse to that provided they looked after it in the meantime. If that is their plan, it would be in their best interests to look after it as well.

This, although as I have suggested before I would expect that Black has put some form of covenant on the sale that means he gets a share if they do sell at a profit within a certain period.
Flashheart

« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 15:06:05 »

Ironic that our most useful asset here seems to be our lamentable lack of assets.

Indeed.

They could be planning on doing a Kassam/Ricoh on us, but that would surely come at great financial risk to them?
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:00:54 »

What I do not understand if PDC & Spencer are still wanting to take the club through the courts why Jed & Co have not said anything about this publically only in the pub to Tans, is there a reason he wont speak publically about it.

But surely also with PDC taking over at sunderland if this made it into the press that he was suing his old club then it wouldnt go down well
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:02:50 »

Indeed.

They could be planning on doing a Kassam/Ricoh on us, but that would surely come at great financial risk to them?

Cannot see how they can do that as I can't see them getting their mitts on the ground freehold, there is always the possibility that they could pull the wool over the Councils eyes with some sort of deal but if the Council have got any sense they can control sub-leasing etc via covenants.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:04:46 »

Mcrory told us.

Spencer is still trying too.

We should sue Spencer for assisting in bringin in 76 players through a revolving door whilst paying him a pretty penny to bring in and release the vast majority of them.

Useless half-witted buffoon.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:09:11 »

What I do not understand if PDC & Spencer are still wanting to take the club through the courts why Jed & Co have not said anything about this publically only in the pub to Tans, is there a reason he wont speak publically about it.

But surely also with PDC taking over at sunderland if this made it into the press that he was suing his old club then it wouldnt go down well

Comment down the juicer is somewhat lower key than a public pronouncement I suppose?

I am surprised that it didn't make the mainsteam when they were trawling for muck to fling (incidentally it has bought home to me how much the saying about todays news is tomorrows chip paper rings true, two games in and nothing more said!) but we shall see. I was looking back at some stuff earlier and forgotten that Paolo was essentially making announcements about the cub and board in November time which I would suggest were in breach the other way (for instance the suggestion that Brookhouse was standing down which he just dropped in to an interview).

Anyway if Spencer gets the same control there he got here he won't have time to sue he will be spending his new wealth.
oldtownred

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:25:16 »

Wasn't there a comment in the recent Daily Mail article from PDC's lawyer, referring to the fact that STFC are considering a counter claim against Sunderland for compensation and it can be settled amicably and Sunderland are now his priority?
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, April 17, 2013, 16:31:33 »

Wasn't there a comment in the recent Daily Mail article from PDC's lawyer, referring to the fact that STFC are considering a counter claim against Sunderland for compensation and it can be settled amicably and Sunderland are now his priority?

Here towards the end

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2305127/Dont-fall-Paolo-Di-Canio-youll-end-Bomb-Squad-theres-way-there.html

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: