Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 528484 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #3765 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:50:02 »

FFS now I am confused.

Can someone maybe just outline what this rumour is then?

The alledged email came from a relative of somebody who was working at the club at the time. From memory, I think it was a relative (wife?) of Cooper's assistant manager. I don't remember who the recipient was.

The claim is that Power was in the tunnel before the match and asked Cooper to throw the game. My memory of it is a bit sketchy to be honest because it was a long time ago.

It could easily have been fabricated, but I've got a feeling it's genuine.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3766 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:52:32 »

The alledged email came from a relative of somebody who was working at the club at the time. From memory, I think it was a relative (wife?) of Cooper's assistant manager. I don't remember who the recipient was.

The claim is that Power was in the tunnel before the match and asked Cooper to throw the game. My memory of it is a bit sketchy to be honest because it was a long time ago.

It could easily have been fabricated, but I've got a feeling it's genuine.

Thanks FH. It shouldn't sound believable, it's like a scooby doo episode!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3767 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:55:30 »

After retiring from football at the age of 28, Power had a spell as a football agent and later had stints in the boardroom at Luton Town, Cambridge United and Rushden & Diamonds before taking over at Swindon and Waterford.

https://i.pinimg.com/564x/7a/1e/ef/7a1eef42467b42d0b67c1fc7efe4b015.jpg

"I've been to Luton Town, Cambridge United and Rushden & Diamonds and by god I put them on the map!"

*most of our fans sing the sustainability song.*

Meanwhile in Irthlingborough, Nene Park is left abandoned "There weren't no sustainability, there never was!!"
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #3768 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 11:12:01 »

I know mate, I was sat open mouthed at a lot of the things I heard, many of which have not even came out yet.
Well if the email rumoured to doign the rounds last season is anything to go by then add that to the list.

Bloody Nora.
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #3769 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 11:12:40 »

What email is this?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3770 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 11:56:41 »

Not the email explicitly, but the match fixing allegation came up in court with Jed

here's what power said

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11304273.judge-doubts-mccrorys-evidence-in-town-court-case/

The current chairman said: “The match-fixing was something that Jed brought up when we decided to part.

“Straight away, me and Sangita rang the Football League and the FA about these accusations.

“He (McCrory) even said the manager was in on it. The match we fixed changed four times and we won all the games we're supposed to have fixed.”
china red

« Reply #3771 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 12:29:23 »

Thank fuck this parasite is now gone!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #3772 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 12:54:01 »

Thanks Tans, that's an interesting read, good to have it all laid out in one place rather than having to hunt through 400 different pieces/articles.

Surprise surprise Sheridan's a miserable self-serving twat after the fact as well as during it.  Roll Eyes

I think the EFL, in a rare show of intelligence, is well aware of the fact that the shitshow that's gone on is no fault of anyone now at the club, and we can but hope the punishment we end up with is not severe.

And Power going 'Oh it's like I've sold a house and being asked to redo the kitchen'  has fucked me right off - no it's like you've sold a house and you're asked to pay the fucking water bill or mortgage until contractually it isn't yours any more you dumb cunt. Just because you've said you'll pass it on doesn't mean it's not magically your responsibility.

Statue of Don Rogers at the CG, yes, but can we also have a statue of the backroom staff who've had to deal with these cockwombles for the last year? How many days could you go to work knowing you've got to tell people you can't pay them because the owner's a fucking child who doesn't understand how money works whether wilfully or through idiocy.

I'm positive Clem's not a sheister like Power proved himself to be but then I felt a bit like that when Power took over from the fucking Jed McCrory circus (I get a horrible feeling when I read the word 'Banbury' to this day). Only time will tell and I for one am just glad the club is still kicking, thanks to all those people above who have put their heart and soul into the club to keep it going even when there's been no reason to do so.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3773 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 13:16:21 »

Thanks Tans, that's an interesting read, good to have it all laid out in one place rather than having to hunt through 400 different pieces/articles.

Surprise surprise Sheridan's a miserable self-serving twat after the fact as well as during it.  Roll Eyes

I think the EFL, in a rare show of intelligence, is well aware of the fact that the shitshow that's gone on is no fault of anyone now at the club, and we can but hope the punishment we end up with is not severe.

And Power going 'Oh it's like I've sold a house and being asked to redo the kitchen'  has fucked me right off - no it's like you've sold a house and you're asked to pay the fucking water bill or mortgage until contractually it isn't yours any more you dumb cunt. Just because you've said you'll pass it on doesn't mean it's not magically your responsibility.

Statue of Don Rogers at the CG, yes, but can we also have a statue of the backroom staff who've had to deal with these cockwombles for the last year? How many days could you go to work knowing you've got to tell people you can't pay them because the owner's a fucking child who doesn't understand how money works whether wilfully or through idiocy.

I'm positive Clem's not a sheister like Power proved himself to be but then I felt a bit like that when Power took over from the fucking Jed McCrory circus (I get a horrible feeling when I read the word 'Banbury' to this day). Only time will tell and I for one am just glad the club is still kicking, thanks to all those people above who have put their heart and soul into the club to keep it going even when there's been no reason to do so.

Well said. Perhaps we can have a statue of Steve Mildenhall's enormous bollocks. If they weren't permanently swollen after that Pompey game, then they've certainly gone up a few sizes after this close season. Good to see him getting some credit in that article.

Seriously, would be good to see some appreciation for the staff at our first home game. C'mon Rob A, get them all out on the pitch before the game.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3774 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 13:39:33 »

That’s not very nice  Crying
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3775 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 14:28:42 »

Always nice to see the official line

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #3776 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 14:56:46 »

Always nice to see the official line

Just a pity it says ceased and not deceased.
kaufman

« Reply #3777 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 15:24:56 »

I have a question.
If it’s proven power told standing he would be paying black the MR money but never did.
That means the debentures is still in blacks name and not powers?
I’ve no idea what this would mean in terms of who we would be paying this loan back to with the interest? It seems we’ve had the money there to pay off a tonne of debt and of course it’s not happened.

Can I now legitimately say….where’s the luongo and gladwin money Wink
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #3778 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 15:29:06 »

I have a question.
If it’s proven power told standing he would be paying black the MR money but never did.
That means the debentures is still in blacks name and not powers?
I’ve no idea what this would mean in terms of who we would be paying this loan back to with the interest? It seems we’ve had the money there to pay off a tonne of debt and of course it’s not happened.

Can I now legitimately say….where’s the luongo and gladwin money Wink

Two different times being conflated I think.

Standing was told Power had used the Richie sell on money (2016) to pay off that debenture, when he hadn't (what he'd done with the money instead is part of their court case).

I don't think there's any dispute that Power did buy out Black's debenture earlier this year before the sale to Clem was forced through.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #3779 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 15:35:16 »

You are aware that Lee Power managed to sell the club for a fraction of the price that he could have done by mistake? I think you are giving our old owner a bit too much credit if you ask me. Putting something as ridiculous as attempting to throw a match (presumably for some kind of financial gain - hopefully not in a betting sense as we've been there before!) in an email is perfectly believable given the recent shenanigans at the County Ground.  

I would tend to agree on this. I am not saying an email does or doesn't exist, but alongside the obvious intent that we have seen and are reading about there was also a hint of incompetence about Lee Power. Thankfully so otherwise he may well have gotten his hands on half the stadium (or should that be half his hands on all of the stadium?) and committed the club to training in a field adjacent to a huge mound of horse manure for the next 25 years.
Pages: 1 ... 249 250 251 [252] 253 254 255 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: