Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 263   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 527693 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #3750 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 09:48:17 »

You could make a film about the Power era though and I am sure many people wouldn't believe it's a true story!
I know mate, I was sat open mouthed at a lot of the things I heard, many of which have not even came out yet.

If  all this is correct and from reports it is... Surely the only other thing that can be worse is fixing results for personal gains.
Well if the email rumoured to doign the rounds last season is anything to go by then add that to the list.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #3751 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 09:51:20 »

Huh?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #3752 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 09:53:09 »

Interesting that Sheridan agreed to comment for the article, until you discover it was only to cover his back and throw his players under the bus.

“It’s just players making excuses,” he says. “This is one of the reasons I’m not going to be involved in football anymore. I’ve retired… it’s totally untrue.

“They were in a relegation fight before I even went into the place. And, to be fair to the owner, he put everything into the club, but the team was struggling really badly before I went in the place, so the players have just got to look at themselves."

Still taking no responsibility, just trying to shift the blame. He had 36 games to turn it around but he never showed the vaguest hint of tactical nous or man management, nor even the professional conscience to turn up and do the job properly.

I can think of several other reasons why he isn't going to be involved in football anymore. What a talentless, shameless piece of shit he is. For all this, he goes below Hart, below Mackay, below Beamish, below Williams (L), as the worst Swindon manager in living memory.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3753 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:07:53 »

I can think of several other reasons why he isn't going to be involved in football anymore. What a talentless, shameless piece of shit he is. For all this, he goes below Hart, below Mackay, below Beamish, below Williams (L), as the worst Swindon manager in living memory.
Not just living memory, worst manager ever in the clubs 142 year history and thats based on results and defeats ignoring the fact that he is talentless, personalityless and as you put shamelss too.

Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #3754 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:17:01 »

I know mate, I was sat open mouthed at a lot of the things I heard, many of which have not even came out yet.
Well if the email rumoured to doign the rounds last season is anything to go by then add that to the list.

What email?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3755 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:20:32 »

There was supposed to be an leaked email in which Power asked Cooper to throw a match to which Cooper said he would never do that, it was leaked near the end of last season dated from the Play Off season.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #3756 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:21:06 »

Oh that came out in the Jed ownership case i think
Flashheart

« Reply #3757 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:22:02 »

I'm inclined to believe the email is genuine, but I don't see how it could stand up as evidence.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3758 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:26:15 »

Thanks for sharing, Tans.

Although mostly all "known", it made for a horrific read to see the whole sordid story put together in the one article.

I've always maintained Pee Lower should only be judged at the end of his tenure. 

I hate him.

Hate is a strong word. Totally agree with it in this context.

TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #3759 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:29:19 »

Interesting that Sheridan agreed to comment for the article, until you discover it was only to cover his back and throw his players under the bus.

Still taking no responsibility, just trying to shift the blame. He had 36 games to turn it around but he never showed the vaguest hint of tactical nous or man management, nor even the professional conscience to turn up and do the job properly.

100% agree with this post.
Sheridactyl officially the worst Manager in our entire history by a significant distance.
Absolutely shocking at every level and left to reap havoc by an utter bastard scumbag owner.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #3760 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:30:01 »

Hate is a strong word. Totally agree with it in this context.
Absolutely, hate is a massive word but Power has made it onto my hate list due mostly to his utter contempt of the club and fans. You get back what you give out.

Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #3761 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:32:08 »

I'm inclined to believe the email is bullshit. He may well have told Cooper to do it, verbally (if there was financial gain to be had, from what we have learnt about him these last few months, I could quite believe he'd do it), but I doubt very much that Power would be stupid enough to put something like that in an email.

It's always "a mate" who has heard these things isn't it.......

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3762 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:37:08 »

I'm inclined to believe the email is bullshit. He may well have told Cooper to do it, verbally (if there was financial gain to be had, from what we have learnt about him these last few months, I could quite believe he'd do it), but I doubt very much that Power would be stupid enough to put something like that in an email.

It's always "a mate" who has heard these things isn't it.......

You are aware that Lee Power managed to sell the club for a fraction of the price that he could have done by mistake? I think you are giving our old owner a bit too much credit if you ask me. Putting something as ridiculous as attempting to throw a match (presumably for some kind of financial gain - hopefully not in a betting sense as we've been there before!) in an email is perfectly believable given the recent shenanigans at the County Ground.  

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Flashheart

« Reply #3763 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:42:30 »

The email didn't come from Power.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #3764 on: Thursday, July 29, 2021, 10:43:40 »

The email didn't come from Power.

FFS now I am confused.

Can someone maybe just outline what this rumour is then?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Pages: 1 ... 248 249 250 [251] 252 253 254 ... 263   Go Up
Print
Jump to: