Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BTCC 2013  (Read 8721 times)
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 20:02:51 »

Anyone else watch the season opener at the weekend?

Lots of action with Plato winning the first 2 races before Honda got their arses in gear and recorded a 1-2 in race 3.

Poor Rob Austin totally taken out and car written off, may not have funds available to race again this season.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 20:56:42 »

Fear not dear Grim, Austin will be back out at Donington, the car is a little battered and bruised but the shell and the cage are A1, no worries there. > Take a peek... <

Cracking racing (apart from Plato winning, he's a cunt) the honda boys were unlucky in the first two races, glad to see them 1-2 in the 3rd race. Good to see Wrathall making moves forward, and the Passat CC of Onslow-Cole and the Insignias of Goff and Cole looked pretty trick, nice work from the Team HARD boys (fucking awful name)

I'm currently in negotiations with my better half to get the green light to go to Thruxton in a couple of months for the round there... a lot of bartering involved!  Wink

Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 21:20:35 »

(apart from Plato winning, he's a cunt)

Glad I'm not the only one who thinks that.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 21:22:13 »

BTCC isnt the same without Hamish Irvine

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 21:22:44 »

I'm going to Thruxton in a few weeks time.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 21:23:40 »

I also think Matt Neal is a cunt, of larger proportions than Plato.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 21:51:09 »

No way, Neal is no way near the scale of cunt that Plato is. Neal makes time for his fans and doesn't slander his detractors. Plato actively hangs them out to dry to his twitter followers and lets them do the dirty work. Utter utter cunt who thinks he's gods gift to racing (but got hammered when he stepped up to World Touring Car level) and treats the general fan with a level of disdain I've not seen anywhere else (but Chris James of Team ES Racing...)

Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 22:30:04 »

Each to their own, but for me Neal is a cunt, can't stand the bloke.

Rob Austin is a Swindon lad isn't he? I think I know his mum Sue, who lives/used to live on Elgin Drive.

And does anyone else think Jack Goff is an unfortunate name?  I bet he has been called a wanker all his life!

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 22:51:13 »

Andy Jordan should have taken the cunt out properly in Race 1
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 09:25:59 »

I am also hoping to go to Thruxton.

I was impressed with Sam Tordoff in his first weekend. If they've got that MG working in the wet, then I can't really see past Plato for the championship (and yes, he is a bit of a cunt)
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 10:35:31 »

That MG won't be that dominant at every round. They were helped by some unfortunate circumstances to the Hondas, and the longer wheelbase made it a bit more stable in the cold temperatures.

Tordoff did impress me, but that MG was the pick of the field this weekend. Its engine runs one of the highest boost levels in the field, we'll see how it stacks up when its pegged back after Donington.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 10:41:04 »

Have they changed the rules about boost equalisation? It was ridiculous last year, especially at Silverstone where the Honda's were so slow in a straight line.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 11:10:39 »

Yes they have, last year the boost was changed for each different car type, so all 4 civics had the same boost as each other, both mgs had the same boost as each other and so on. That meant the slower drivers in those cars got shafted. This year, the boost equalisation is for individual drivers, this'll open the field up nicely. It does mean that the Honda will be still slower in a straight line as its one of the best chassis in the series.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 11:12:50 »

Ah, that is better. Like you said, should keep it nice and close.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, April 4, 2013, 11:56:27 »

Yup!

Andy neate will be at Donington in his new sled as well, an NGTC Cruze hatchback. First pics ive seen it looks really striking, black, chrome and lime green! Sounds fucking horrific but it looks really good.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: