Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MotoGP 2013  (Read 10663 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 18:11:30 »

Yay, it's back. I'm only expecting Chubbs to be bothered about this, but I'm going to post anyway Smiley

Good write up from the Beeb on the upcoming season: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motogp/21957653

Very much looking forward to seeing Rossi back on the Yamaha. Probably won't be challenging for the championship, but should pick up a few wins throughout the season.

It'll be a two-way dice between Pedrosa and Lorenzo, but the boy Marquez could be a surprise contender. And no more Stoner the moaner, that's got to be a big Thumb

For anyone who's a fan of 4-wheeled racing but not necessarily the 2-wheel stuff, give it a go. Plenty of excitement and a darn sight more overtaking than in F1. Plus huge British interest this year with an all-Brit team at Tech3 (we will have to forgive Bradley Smith for being born in Oxford though).

Race coverage starts 19:30 on Sunday, which is great for me because I'm away for the weekend and would otherwise have missed it.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 18:36:16 »

Ahem !
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 18:50:16 »

I'm not sure Bradders is going to be much good to be honest.

In fact I would have preferred Scott Redding to have been given a shot before Bradley (and not just because he's from Oxford).

To think that Tech 3 had to choose between losing Dovi or Cal to give Bradley a ride just makes me think that either he has a big bag of cash, or they couldn't afford to keep two decent riders.

For me Marquez & Bradl are the two wild cards for this season, in fact although he is a rookie I can see Marquez beating Pedrosa before the end of the season.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 19:28:48 »

I was pretty gutted that Iannone got the Pramac ride ahead of Scott Redding. Hopefully he'll challenge in Moto2 this season. He did well in pre-season testing.

I don't think cash had much to do with Smith's ride at Tech3, I think it was just a contractual thing which goes back a few years where they promised him a ride in MotoGP by 2013. When you think back to the old days of Toseland and Edwards at Tech3, I don't think they expected to be anywhere near as competitive as they became with Cal & Dovi.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 19:52:19 »

Me and the missus are very excited. Getting married saturday and off on honeymoon Sunday. Hoping to sneak away and catch some qualifying and we are booking into an exec lounge at Heathrow with the hope we can get them to put the race on the TV's. We are not missing this.

Like everyone else, im looking forward to seeing what Rossi can do back on the Yamaha. Really hoping Cal can build on last season and get a few podiums. I expect to see Maquez do pretty well.

As Sam says it will be close between Pedrosa and Lorenzo. I really hope we get a few more riders pushing for podiums. Marquez, Cal, Bradl all capable of pushing for a podium spot.
Also be looking out for Bradders, who im not expecting to be competing for podiums, but hoping he does well.

Roll on Sunday
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 20:00:11 »

Me and the missus are very excited. Getting married saturday and off on honeymoon Sunday. Hoping to sneak away and catch some qualifying and we are booking into an exec lounge at Heathrow with the hope we can get them to put the race on the TV's. We are not missing this.

Like everyone else, im looking forward to seeing what Rossi can do back on the Yamaha. Really hoping Cal can build on last season and get a few podiums. I expect to see Maquez do pretty well.

As Sam says it will be close between Pedrosa and Lorenzo. I really hope we get a few more riders pushing for podiums. Marquez, Cal, Bradl all capable of pushing for a podium spot.
Also be looking out for Bradders, who im not expecting to be competing for podiums, but hoping he does well.

Roll on Sunday

And good luck to you mate

Hope you both have a ball x
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 20:09:15 »

Roll on Sunday

All the best Chubbs.....try and get a practise lap in before the Honeymoon Cheesy

Have a good day.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 20:59:31 »

Enjoy it Seb!

...but I'm not hopeful for a decent seasons racing. Last year was dull as dishwater. Hoping for a good season from Tech3...

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, April 2, 2013, 21:14:54 »

Might not be as close as we'd like at the front, but the middle of the pack should make for some good racing.

I'm hoping for an improvement from the CRTs and I think the gap will narrow. If they do improve then it'll only add more force for manufacturers to return in the future. Suzuki reportedly already looking to return in 2014, if they do then hopefully Kawasaki won't be too far behind them.
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 20:43:20 »

Rossi. Is. Back. Cheesy

That sets things up nicely for the season.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, April 7, 2013, 21:10:05 »

Thought it might take a few races before Marquez started beating Pedrosa, I guess not then.

Felt a but sorry for Cal, he just didn't have the straight line speed to keep up with the Honda's, hopefully he will get some of the upgrades soon.

Also good to see Scott doing well in the Moto2 race
Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 15:01:55 »

Lively start to the season. Nice to see a three-way battle for the championship developing already.

For anyone that's interested, there's a program on ITV4 tonight at 9pm called The Unrideables which is about the 2-stroke 500cc era. Spencer, Rainey, Schwantz et al.

Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 15:29:29 »

Marquez making a name for himself already. I like it.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 16:45:35 »

Shame he's another fucking Spaniard! Do they have nothing better to do than knock out future champion after future champion? Wink

Samdy Gray

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, May 8, 2013, 17:05:20 »

Judging by the leaders of both the Moto2 and Moto3 championships; no!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: