Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Spurs trio...  (Read 53380 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 18:20:05 »

Perhaps I was misunderstanding your reference to "have done anything of note"......... but you're right about decent loanees being as rare as Dr Chang's accurate predictions.
I never saw Carrick or Given play so they didn't immediately spring to mind, but yes, they're definitely examples of loanees who have gone on to make more than a handful of top flight appearances - aside from those three I'm struggling to think of any.

The other point I was making was that I doubt any of these youngsters will impress consistently due to the current make-up of the side and the likelihood that we'll struggle a bit this season. I can't really understand why Spurs are so keen for their promising kids to get kicked around by L1 chuggers
kerry red

« Reply #196 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 18:41:43 »

Who was the fella we got from Blackburn, scored a worldly - centre back, black lad
Spurs_Fan

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 18:44:44 »

Was Walker not signed from Sheff Utd?

Yes he was mate. He then went on loan in the Championship, then onto the Premier League before becoming the first choice Right Back at Tottenham.
Flashheart

« Reply #198 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 18:44:48 »

Who was the fella we got from Blackburn, scored a worldly - centre back, black lad

marlon broomes
kerry red

« Reply #199 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 18:45:48 »

Good man, ta
Flashheart

« Reply #200 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 18:47:46 »

think he scored that goal against brum at home?
kerry red

« Reply #201 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 18:48:30 »

Yes he was mate. He then went on loan in the Championship, then onto the Premier League before becoming the first choice Right Back at Tottenham.

So, seeing as you've got 2 weeks before your first game, have you thought about a little trip to the CG to keep an eye on your gems?
kerry red

« Reply #202 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 18:49:11 »

think he scored that goal against brum at home?

I'll try and find it n you tube
Spurs_Fan

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 19:01:24 »

So, seeing as you've got 2 weeks before your first game, have you thought about a little trip to the CG to keep an eye on your gems?

Would love to mate, if you sort us out with the travel as it's a good 12,000 miles to White Hart Lane from my house, and another 200 miles over to there.
kerry red

« Reply #204 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 19:03:53 »

Excuses!
Spurs_Fan

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 19:05:54 »

Excuses!

found this:

what a cracker!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Friday, August 2, 2013, 19:15:57 »

Touched by the hand of Hod.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #207 on: Saturday, August 3, 2013, 08:16:56 »

I'll try and find it n you tube
Good luck with that, I have searched everywhere for it with no joy. Cracking goal from all of 35 to 40 yards out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
china red

« Reply #208 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 13:14:47 »

Seems like Bale is leaving for £93 million and Willian and some striker from Roma are signing for them.  They've done good business this summer but does seem to push the youngsters who are on loan further down the pecking order.
Barry Scott

« Reply #209 on: Tuesday, August 20, 2013, 15:38:30 »

Seems like Bale is leaving for £93 million and Willian and some striker from Roma are signing for them.  They've done good business this summer but does seem to push the youngsters who are on loan further down the pecking order.

I'm not normally one to comment, or give much of a shit about the premiership, but I do find myself smiling lots so far. Wenger's bought fuck all and seems to be being made to look quite incompetent, which is great. Man U, hopefully, will still struggle under Moyes, although sadly I like Moyes, but I'd take huge pleasure in Man U not finishing top 1, but being outside the top 4 would make me wet myself.

Meanwhile, Tottenham seem to be buying up more talent than the rest of the teams combined, excluding Man C, and I'd laugh with joy if they really fucked up "the big 4" this year. I'm looking forard to it.

Oh, and I nearly forgot. I'm also looking forward to that disloyal, cunty, fascist, bellend falling out with some of his Frenchies and constantly making demands - requiring "just 3 more players".

It's going to be a real soap opera this year, I hope.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: