Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town's striker bid in balance but club expect embargo to be lifted by tomorrow  (Read 45061 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:22:52 »

Has BWP actually scored for Brentford yet? I didn't notice if he has.
No, but he did lay on the goal that beat us!
hobnob

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:35:41 »

Absolutely. These players have shown plenty of times that they are more than capable of taking us up.

Even if we don't go up, I would still be feeling very confident for next season with KMAC in charge, espescially after he has a pre season with the team.
Trouble is half of them might not be here if they don't go up this year.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:37:06 »

Trouble is half of them might not be here if they don't go up this year.

Half of em probably won't be regardless of if we go up or not. The player turnover these days is mental. 3 years plus and suddenly you're the longest serving player.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #198 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:41:04 »

I see Crawley have been put up for sale by their owners, difference is that they're aren't in an immediate rush and are willing to be reasonable. This is the way we should have done it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21946172
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 09:43:22 »

I'm beginning not to care, tbh.

Get behind the players, as they seem to be the only ones who still give a shit, quit moaning and get on with the business of getting promotion.

Fuck the lot of 'em!

Agreed. And KMac of corse.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 10:59:49 »

I see Crawley have been put up for sale by their owners, difference is that they're aren't in an immediate rush and are willing to be reasonable. This is the way we should have done it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21946172

We'd been up for sale for nearly 18 months when the plug was finally threatend with being pulled, in fact we'd been almost sold once and were in due dillegence.  Try seeing if the owners of Crawley are happy to be funding their leaky bath in 2 years time - they've already turned some of the taps off, selling players after going several years spending like mad.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 11:27:43 »

"The experienced frontman had been lined up to boost the Robins’ squad as they push for promotion to the Championship, but doubts had surfaced over the 32-year-old’s fitness."

Surfaced? Surfaced? He's barely played a game in five years!
Flashheart

« Reply #202 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 11:35:58 »

I can hear the nearby mosque going nuts with their prayers today. They must definitely be praying to Allah to lift the umbungo.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 11:42:54 »

"The experienced frontman had been lined up to boost the Robins’ squad as they push for promotion to the Championship, but doubts had surfaced over the 32-year-old’s fitness."

Surfaced? Surfaced? He's barely played a game in five years!

I thought I saw him playing and scoring for Palace the other day?

Would be very surprised if Andy Johnson signed for you, or any League 1 club.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 11:49:09 »

I thought I saw him playing and scoring for Palace the other day?

Would be very surprised if Andy Johnson signed for you, or any League 1 club.

Probably not as he left Palace in 2006

He last played for QPR on the 15th of September. The previous season he scored 11 in 33 for Fulham..

mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 12:10:32 »

Aah, I was thinking of Kevin Phillips.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 18:33:35 »

We'd been up for sale for nearly 18 months when the plug was finally threatend with being pulled, in fact we'd been almost sold once and were in due dillegence.  Try seeing if the owners of Crawley are happy to be funding their leaky bath in 2 years time - they've already turned some of the taps off, selling players after going several years spending like mad.
So might Crawley have been up for sale for that long.  Difference is that Fatty left Crawley and it was clear that their "project promotion" was no longer being repeated in the same way this season whereas our previous board level dysfunction certainly did have a "Championship Plan", attempted sale or not and the sudden mid-season halt has cost us

Either don't renew PDCs contract and sell Matt Ritchie for £800k in the summer and rein in the ambitions then

or see through "Championship Plan", giving promotion our best shot in a weak year for Lge 1 and sell Matt Ritchie in the summer for (at least) £800k to a club that would have furthered his career (second firesale running for poor Matt)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 19:01:50 »

Just to drag up something, people have been blaming Chris Wise during this thread. He's been on Holiday during the past week.

It annoyed me earlier seeing him blamed, but i couldn't type

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #208 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 19:02:51 »

Just to drag up something, people have been blaming Chris Wise during this thread. He's been on Holiday during the past week.

It annoyed me earlier seeing him blamed, but i couldn't type

It's morshead that's on holiday
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Wednesday, March 27, 2013, 19:03:48 »

Nope, Wise too I think. Hodgetts did Commentary on saturday

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: