Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mr Di Canio  (Read 27198 times)
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 23:06:03 »

I think it's a safe bet to say the ex-employee is PDC and/or his team. The legal action will be against the club as they were his employees, this has nothing to do with the holding companies or ex-owners - it is Swindon Town Football Club that is the target. The potential sum of money involved is likely to be in excess of £1m, the £1.2m figure being thrown around is coincidentally in the right ball park.

I think that is pretty much the case. I believe it was said at the meeting on Saturday that Di Canio's original salary was £200k a year but when he extended his contract it rose to £600k a year which Black signed off as he didn't think he'd be around to pay it as the sale to the 1st consortium was going through. Black pretty much confirmed this in his tweets. Di Canio had just over 2 years left on his contract so £1.2 million sounds ballpark worst case if he was to win and get his full contract value paid up, so surely it can't be a coincidence that the 2 figures are the same.
I think Moreshead's cryptic funding embargo tweet pretty much refers to the fact that the money men are withholding their money.
All sounds a bit of a mess, I'll renew my season ticket but will put it on monthly direct debit as its no extra cost and will give me better piece of mind.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 23:16:32 »

I think it's a safe bet to say the ex-employee is PDC and/or his team. The legal action will be against the club as they were his employees, this has nothing to do with the holding companies or ex-owners - it is Swindon Town Football Club that is the target. The potential sum of money involved is likely to be in excess of £1m, the £1.2m figure being thrown around is coincidentally in the right ballpark.

I think he would have a case against the previous holding company, buy I agree his target will be the club because I would imagine the previous holding company has been dissolved or will have no remaining assets.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 23:45:13 »

I think that is pretty much the case. I believe it was said at the meeting on Saturday that Di Canio's original salary was £200k a year but when he extended his contract it rose to £600k a year which Black signed off as he didn't think he'd be around to pay it as the sale to the 1st consortium was going through. Black pretty much confirmed this in his tweets. Di Canio had just over 2 years left on his contract so £1.2 million sounds ballpark worst case if he was to win and get his full contract value paid up, so surely it can't be a coincidence that the 2 figures are the same.
I think Moreshead's cryptic funding embargo tweet pretty much refers to the fact that the money men are withholding their money.
All sounds a bit of a mess, I'll renew my season ticket but will put it on monthly direct debit as its no extra cost and will give me better piece of mind.

I'll more than likely do the direct debit aand hadn't thought of it as giving me better piece of min, but that's a very good point.

What would happen if things genuinely did go horribly wrong, would anyone who was paying by monthly direct debit just be able to cancel or is there some sort of fee attached?
Flashheart

« Reply #78 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 09:36:16 »

How strong would PDC's case be as long as we are doing well? It's hard to say the sale of Ritchie hindered his ability to do his job when KMAC is doing it (and on a smaller squad)

Could PDC be waiting for the team to fail before trying to sue the club? Would us failing (if it happens) strengthen his case?
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 09:51:38 »

If Di Canio successfully sues the club for selling one player behind his back then if i was any of the managers we've had in the last 50 years i'd be having a word with my solicitor.

We're a lower league football club, it's how things work unfortunately. We've sold a lot better players than Richie before to "balance the books". (Sorry Matt - FWIW i'm still pissed off we sold you)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #80 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 11:31:08 »

We should tell PdC no tattoo no court action. After all contracts appear to be important and I thought we had a very public verbal contract with him
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 11:41:15 »

How strong would PDC's case be as long as we are doing well? It's hard to say the sale of Ritchie hindered his ability to do his job when KMAC is doing it (and on a smaller squad)

Could PDC be waiting for the team to fail before trying to sue the club? Would us failing (if it happens) strengthen his case?

If it was in his contracted that if any bid comes in for a player, that he is consulted before a decision is made then it won't matter if the team are doing well now or not.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DRS

« Reply #82 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:14:27 »

Probably get bollocked for posting this but believe me this is all down to PDC AND Spencer. The board have the money and are being fucked around non stop by those two pair of cunts. They have four players ready to come in,they have ringfenced the money and were going to fund the green,pack and bwp deals.

New lot getting alot of unfair stick in my opinion,i know it is frustrating but imagine it is alot worse for them when every hurdle they face is being blamed on them.

Their biggest problem is communication that i agree with
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:46:51 »

Probably get bollocked for posting this but believe me this is all down to PDC AND Spencer. The board have the money and are being fucked around non stop by those two pair of cunts. They have four players ready to come in,they have ringfenced the money and were going to fund the green,pack and bwp deals.

New lot getting alot of unfair stick in my opinion,i know it is frustrating but imagine it is alot worse for them when every hurdle they face is being blamed on them.

Their biggest problem is communication that i agree with

Generally what you say tends to be correct on Town matters DRS so I believe what you are saying here and not surprised at all. PDC just HAS to have the last word and it sounds like he is single handedly using his stubborn bloody minded way to get back at Swindon however he can.

It must be difficult for the board to communicate what is going on, especially if it relates to legal advice from PDC and Frank Spencer.

Also, fans are clambering for the board to make a statement and when they do, which heppened to  include this 1957 debt malarkey, fans jump all over them shouting that they are just spouting a load of old bollocks, so they can't really win can they?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:50:02 »

I would ask why the potential of legal action would halt the immediate funding that is required. Any legal issues would take months and months before completion. Also any legal claims could be thrown out of court. I cannot see how a football club can be put on hold just incase the former manager wants to claim against it.
DRS

« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:51:48 »

I would ask why the potential of legal action would halt the immediate funding that is required. Any legal issues would take months and months before completion. Also any legal claims could be thrown out of court. I cannot see how a football club can be put on hold just incase the former manager wants to claim against it.
Then that is a question for the football league mate
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:52:28 »

, so they can't really win can they?

Its a difficult one, because if PDC and Spencer are the cause - something the board alluded to in the statement regardless of DRS - publicly stating such isn't going to get the situation resolved any quicker!

If we aren't out of embargo come deadline day, I'd like to see a clear and open reason to the fans exactly what the issues are.  Provided the Club lawyers don't block such a statement as it may be harmful to a court appearance of course.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:55:41 »

Then that is a question for the football league mate
And one that has been asked by the new board to the Football League several times already without an answer....hence why it is in the hands of the legal team I would imagine.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 15:57:04 »

On the scale of things, legal action might be a nuisance to us, but it would be a catastrophe for Di Canio.

It might cost us some money and possibly promotion in the short term this season if we can't get out of embargo, but the effects won't be much more far reaching than that, and we'll come back and have other chances of promotion like we always do. For Di Canio though, added to all the other concerns that raised their head while he was with us, I'd imagine it would be easily enough to cost him his career in management, certainly in England.

My suspicion is that the legal action won't transpire, but that he's being advised to explore it by the only people who have anything to gain from it: his lawyers.

If he did go ahead with a law suit, the sense of betrayal would be painful to take in the short term, but in the long term it would be eased by the schadenfreude of knowing he'd totally fucked his career as a result, and fucked it while only landing a scratch on the back of a football club that will shrug it off like all the other wounds it's suffered down the years only to lurch on ultimately indifferent back to the cycle of successes and failures we always swing between regardless of the cast of characters that pass through the club.

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 16:08:49 »

Unless it states in black and white that the club would not sell any player without his permission then i don't think Di Canio would get a thing out of it except a hefty bill.
Even if it is in writing then Black would have had the right to withdraw his funding of the club and it could be argued that the club had to sell Richie to avoid administration. Don't fancy Di Canio's chances much to be honest.

I'm only a humble trucker though with very limited legal knowledge though
« Last Edit: Monday, March 25, 2013, 16:11:27 by arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 11   Go Up
Print
Jump to: