Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Brentford FC v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49198 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #390 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:30:58 »

Yeah I was just reading that PR and its so frustrating that had we made it 2-0 we probably would have gone on to win handsomely. Had Charlie Austin been in this team we would have been promoted by now! Sadly we keep talking about missed chances, which is killing us Sad
Imagine what last season would have been like with Austin in the team. It'd have been finished by February.

Ignore
« Reply #391 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:33:09 »

I heard a few of the texts read out on radio wilts last night. Why hodgets is reading out texts made at the start of the second half when the game is over i do not know. Likewise why they air the views of utter spastics makes my blood boil. Can't those fucking twats read it first?

Fans sounding off about the manager already,comaring him to Malpas and having no ambition etc. Fucking arseholes.
Still licking the arse of Di canio who fucked off as he wanted more players and could see we needed them. That is not the fault of Macdonald is it? He's inherited the squad that the former manager got upset about. He needs time and tools to do the job with.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #392 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:45:45 »

Robn, people keep making assumptions about what I think in relation to management style. I'm perfecly able to both not want an authoritarian governement, and accept that it's a management style that works in certain circumstances.
I can accept that a participative democracy is not the ideal organisational arrangement for a military fighting unit for example. And I can see that the situation at the County Ground when PDC arrived kind of needed someone prepared to grab the place by the scruff of the neck.

I've said before that the Paolo's approach was paying off. But that doesn't mean that another approach won't work as well. We've had success in the past under disciplinarians like Macari, and also had success under more facilitaive management teams like Ossie and Tony Galvin.

KMc just needs time to get his approach ingrained within the team. As I've mentioned before, PDC lost 4 out of his first 5 games, before his approach started working. KMc should be given that sort of opportunity to get his side playing the way he wants.

..never go back.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #393 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:49:42 »

If Roberts had scored instead of hitting the post we would have won that.

Try and get a clinical striker in (very hard to do at this stage of the season) and we will be fine. All those saying the season is over etc on twatter/facebook can fuck off. We are in 4th place, 2 points off second, 5 off top with a vastly superior goal difference. Kev Mac got the tactics spot on for the game but is still getting to know the players so give the bloke time/a chance ffs.

9 games left, in 4th and people are despairing. Fuck me get a grip
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #394 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 11:50:28 »

Pessimism can get to fuck as well. I've got no time for those people.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #395 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:08:25 »

If Roberts had scored instead of hitting the post we would have won that.

Try and get a clinical striker in (very hard to do at this stage of the season) and we will be fine. All those saying the season is over etc on twitter/facebook can fuck off. We are in 4th place, 2 points off second, 5 off top with a vastly superior goal difference. Kev Mac got the tactics spot on for the game but is still getting to know the players so give the bloke time/a chance ffs.

9 games left, in 4th and people are despairing. Fuck me get a grip

This is how I see it too.

But - we do need to dip in to the loan market, to give KMac some extra options.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #396 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:11:01 »

This is MacDonald's first stint in management, but still a better start than Paolo (losing 4 of the first 5).

I'm still erring on the side of optimism, I like what he's trying to do.
We've played to nice stuff under him so far, Coventry being a prime example, and only 2 days into his tenure. Compare that to Hartlepool and Bury games before and the difference was clear to see.

I think if we're patient with him and give him a few years here we will see the benefit.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #397 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:18:09 »

Added to the fact that Kev has come in when we have played 3 very difficult games.

Away at Cov
Home to in form Walsall
Away at Brentford

That's a very difficult start for any manager and we have played well in each of the 3 games so with a few loan signings we will be right up there
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #398 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:20:35 »

We also musn't forget that whilst we had the good wins under PDC we also had the bad losses - Pox, Orient, Preston, Colchester, Brentford, Macclesfield.
wobby

Ignore
« Reply #399 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:28:00 »

I very much doubt that Melvin is a Swindon supporter.  Someone's on a wind up.

Ha ha - litterally in the last 30 seconds all his tweets have been deleted. Imagine he's been getting some grief. Smug Fuck Off
wobby

Ignore
« Reply #400 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:29:53 »

Oh dear, lets hope he doesnt belong to a gun club

Hope not, he may be watching  Angry
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #401 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:47:10 »

Robn, people keep making assumptions about what I think in relation to management style. I'm perfecly able to both not want an authoritarian governement, and accept that it's a management style that works in certain circumstances.
I can accept that a participative democracy is not the ideal organisational arrangement for a military fighting unit for example. And I can see that the situation at the County Ground when PDC arrived kind of needed someone prepared to grab the place by the scruff of the neck.

I've said before that the Paolo's approach was paying off. But that doesn't mean that another approach won't work as well. We've had success in the past under disciplinarians like Macari, and also had success under more facilitaive management teams like Ossie and Tony Galvin.

KMc just needs time to get his approach ingrained within the team. As I've mentioned before, PDC lost 4 out of his first 5 games, before his approach started working. KMc should be given that sort of opportunity to get his side playing the way he wants.

Don't disagree with any of that.  My earlier post was referring more to the underplaying of what PDC did do on the bench.  It doesn't need someone with "passion" arm waving at all.  What he did do though, was constantly relay "orders" onto the pitch, more so than any other manager I have witnessed.  To some extent he took away decision making from the players, left it basic - follow my instructions to the letter, and I'll shout at you if you forget or I think you need reminding again.  I can see how a player like Flint may struggle if that goes in the short term.

For all of our Managers, Ossie is the god for me.  How he managed to change the playing style so dramatically over one summer is beyond me - not just a change in formation or pattern that you could see, but transformed long ball chasers into silky passers as well.  I still don't understand how he did it, or how he couldn't then make a top career as a Manager from that start.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #402 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 12:54:49 »

I've got a big problem that I actually quite like MC K MAC or whatever he's getting called, and my natural feeling is to be quite optimistic in the face of all the negativity. The problem is that I've felt the same way about a few of our managerial failures. I'm sure I can find a post of me sticking up for the Malpas appointment somewhere.

So I've learned to completely ignore my natural judgement on such things, I'm not going to slate him, I'm not going to stick up for him. I'm going to wait and see what happens.
kerry red

« Reply #403 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:07:21 »

What is there to be negative about when it comes to KMac?

He is 3 games into his Swindon career - his background is nurturing young talent.

The poor home form has been there all season - apart from a purple patch of a few games.

We comprehensively outplayed Coventry and pretty much did the same to Brentford last night without getting what we deserved.

Gone is the hoofball which was all to prevalent at times under PdC.

PdC uses shock effect as his main managerial weapon - something which may work very well in the short term, but is not, I think, an enduring way of managing as it almost, by definition, needs a rapid turn round of players to maintain that shock.

Over an extended period of time I honestly believe KMac's approach will prove to be more beneficial to our club.

Saying that, I don't think that would have been possible without Paolo turning around the club from what it was.

For that alone, we should all be eternally grateful
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #404 on: Wednesday, March 13, 2013, 13:11:25 »

But he inherited a team that were 'flying'...that's the difference. 

Question 1: How many points did we get in the 3 games before Paolo left?
Question 2: And the 3 games after that?
Question 3: Were we really 'flying' when Macdonald took over?

Answer 1: 5 points, including a draw to bottom of the table Hartlepool.
Answer 2: 4 points, including a lucky draw against Preston and one of the most pathetic performances at the County Ground I've seen this season.
Answer 3: No.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: