Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Paolo Di Canio's former coaching staff waiting on Swindon wages  (Read 14564 times)

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 11:35:54 »

If I phoned up my work and said 'that's it i'm not coming in anymore' then how could i expect to be paid up until yesterday?
Just because i had worked until then doesn't mean they should pay up if i choose to walk out.
People cannot just demand pay after quitting a job with immediate effect.
nochee

« Reply #76 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:09:31 »

If I phoned up my work and said 'that's it i'm not coming in anymore' then how could i expect to be paid up until yesterday?
Just because i had worked until then doesn't mean they should pay up if i choose to walk out.
People cannot just demand pay after quitting a job with immediate effect.
Exactly.
This is why a period of notice is written into contracts. 
nochee

« Reply #77 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:11:58 »

The Italians really have undone all of their good work. Slam the door and shout fuck off through the letterbox.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:20:28 »

Exactly.
This is why a period of notice is written into contracts.  

Which can be waived if the employer and employee agree to. Or the employee can be put on gardening leave. Either way they are owed the money and should have been paid when it was agreed it would be.

Quite why they are gobbing off to  the press after a week  is anyone's guess. They'll be disappointed if they are looking for sympathy.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:22:56 »

Zzz

Oh, so we're still talking about team Di Canio? Back to

Zzz

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:23:22 »

If they have breached their contracts then they are owed nothing
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:32:36 »

Soemthing about this story has been nagging at the back of my mind.

I have left a few jobs in my time, and have always had to wait until the next general wages run for that company to get paid any balance. No company is going to bend over backwards to do a separate run of bank transfers.

So, in classic 2+2=5 style, does the non-payment of the Italians mean that none of the staff or players were paid?

I am not suggesting there are any big problems. I have no idea how the business side of a football club is structured, or what paperwork would have been involved in updating signatories/responsible officers etc.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:36:38 »

If they have breached their contracts then they are owed nothing

Or alternatively, they could be owed up to the breach. Or not breached the contract at all. Or the club could be disputing something with them. Who knows!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:38:56 »

Soemthing about this story has been nagging at the back of my mind.

So, in classic 2+2=5 style, does the non-payment of the Italians mean that none of the staff or players were paid?

If we still in um-bungo and this is ongoing issue is also ongoing due to non payment this time next week, then maybe that's the time to wonder!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:39:31 »

Or alternatively, they could be owed up to the breach. Or not breached the contract at all. Or the club could be disputing something with them. Who knows!
True. All possible of course.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 12:47:04 »

I'm sticking with my interpretation that this is all just to keep his name in the press.

edit: the decision to go so public with this, not the fact they're owed money that they have every entitlement to
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 16:28:13 »

Well another 6 pages of 'team Di Canio' therefore I suspect that the true objective of the story has been met in keeping people talking, the deluge of job offers I suspect were expected seems to have been somewhat quiet.

As people have said its simple, if they resigned on the day after the Tranmere match they should be paid to that date, if they had a notice period in contract but club decided that they should go before that was up then should be paid to end of notice period during which I would assume they would not be allowed to work anywhere else.

However anything above this they can go whistle. I havent seen anywhere it stated that they were asked to resign or forced out, you chose to resign and follow your leader (who others suggested (citing sources) on here previously tried to get rid of Piccareta) the fact that Paolo left is irrelevant, to suggest that just as he left and they felt they didn't want to work here anymore means there contracts should be paid up in full is either naieve in the extreme or just trolling.

We move on, so should they although I suggest that until another appointment is secured this will just continue to trickle along.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, March 8, 2013, 17:04:23 »

Oh and thinking about a little more.... I wonder who their agent is?

Coincidentally does he represent any of the players?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: