Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: BBC News: Paolo Di Canio's former coaching staff waiting on Swindon wages  (Read 14523 times)
News Monkey

« on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:00:04 »

Paolo Di Canio's former coaching staff waiting on Swindon wages

Swindon's former coaching staff say they have not been paid money owed to them since ex-manager Paolo Di Canio left the club.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21704976

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:05:14 »

Swindon were taken over by a local consortium on 21 February, and Piccareta says he was told that wages would be paid by the end of February.
"We have received nothing," the Italian told BBC Sport.
"We worked until the day we resigned publically. We met [general manager] Steve Murrall and were told that on the last day of February we would have been paid but we have not heard anything."

So they did quit after the Tranmere game, which blows apart PDC's claim they were still employed when they broke in to the club.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:09:00 »

Zzz
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:14:48 »

Of course the only thing to do was go to the BBC with this.

I forget who's doing a smear campaign, Swindon or the Italians?

A messy divorce.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:29:23 »

All seems a bit petty doesn't it. Probably a very simple explanation for it all.
china red

« Reply #5 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:39:58 »

Cannot believe they have gone public with this, seven days late with final salary. Must need the money desperately, I'm sure they weren't paod much..........
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:45:17 »

So they did quit after the Tranmere game, which blows apart PDC's claim they were still employed when they broke in to the club.

They they tendered their resignation the morning after. The club have not said when they accepted them, nor if the delay is due to legal wrangling.

""We have our family and we need to be paid for what we did."

Which is true, and if someone says you will be paid by X then you should be. But if the money is that tight then don't strop off in the first place. And maybe give it more than a week before going to the press.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 17:53:05 »

yawn.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 18:12:00 »

They can all fuck off
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 18:23:04 »

They can all fuck off

I was expecting something far more scathing.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 18:29:05 »

They are entitled to money that they have earned and if it takes going to the press to get it, then I don't blame them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 18:31:42 »

They should have just got Graham Turner to mention it within his programme notes.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 18:44:28 »

They are entitled to money that they have earned and if it takes going to the press to get it, then I don't blame them.

I agree. But I think going to the press after a few days when it could all be sorted behind closed doors is a bit unnecessary. It doesn't take going to the press. If they're legally entitled to money, they should go to lawyers who will get it for them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 18:50:08 »

I agree. But I think going to the press after a few days when it could all be sorted behind closed doors is a bit unnecessary. It doesn't take going to the press. If they're legally entitled to money, they should go to lawyers who will get it for them.

It's completely unnecessary. Just because it's the football industry doesn't mean you have to conduct yourself via the press. If they're entitled then obviously, get it sorted. Running off to the BBC and implying that people are trying to tarnish Di Canio's legacy is not going to resolve anything.

I suppose that there will be something different every other week for the time being.
penhillbilly

Unbeeelievable Jeff !!!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, March 7, 2013, 19:13:41 »

It's all about keeping PDC's name in the media tho, isn't it?...after all, he hasn't been mentioned in the press for at LEAST 2 days.... Crying Zzz

No one is Innocent...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: