Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 159111 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #975 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 21:54:23 »

So what we're saying then is that the possible threat of legal action by a disgruntled ex employee is enough for the FL to impose an embargo. Still sounds like a load of bollox to me. If it is true, however, I can understand the money men not wanting to put money in just in case it goes into PdCs pocket. What a fuck up.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #976 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 22:09:40 »

So what we're saying then is that the possible threat of legal action by a disgruntled ex employee is enough for the FL to impose an embargo. Still sounds like a load of bollox to me. If it is true, however, I can understand the money men not wanting to put money in just in case it goes into PdCs pocket. What a fuck up.
I think you're missing a step. the growing consensus appears to be that the embargo is there because there is no money. there is no money because the backers won't put their hand in their pocket until the pdc issue is settled.

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #977 on: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 22:17:11 »

I've had a few but doesn't this all boil down to either can pay, wont pay or can't pay......if you work on the basis there is an embargo and £1.2m needed to lift it

But doesn't that mean that we are fucked then as who is meeting the day to day costs
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 24, 2013, 22:25:38 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
kerry red

« Reply #978 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 09:35:21 »

Surely if there is, indeed, £1.2m ringfenced we cannot have spent anywhere near that sorting out the smallish bits and bobs we may have owed other clubs.

So why doesn't what's left cover almost all of whatever PdC COULD get in the event he takes legal action and wins
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #979 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 09:36:44 »

I think you're missing a step. the growing consensus appears to be that the embargo is there because there is no money. there is no money because the backers won't put their hand in their pocket until the pdc issue is settled.
This is merely the latest theory based on the latest credible information we have.

Unfortunately this is all we have to go on after such a vague statement.
Flashheart

« Reply #980 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 09:39:21 »

This is merely the latest theory based on the latest credible information we have.

Unfortunately this is all we have to go on after such a vague statement.

It's the one that makes the most sense to me. Everything just falls into place.

Was anybody else at this supporters club meeting where jed allegedly said this?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #981 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 09:42:26 »

No, it was (allegedly) held at the Pig On The Hill!
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #982 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 09:43:59 »

Not sure, was it an open meeting for members of the supporters club or just a meeting with the folks who run it?
Flashheart

« Reply #983 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 09:54:56 »

Not sure, was it an open meeting for members of the supporters club or just a meeting with the folks who run it?

Dunno

The new board had a meeting with the supporters club hierarchy yesterday morning before the match where they were told the reason we are still under the embargo is because the money men won't put any money in until the Di Canio situation is sorted out

Surely somebody on here must know the 'supporters club hierarchy'
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #984 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 09:57:32 »

I know someone on here who does!
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #985 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 10:59:29 »

I know someone on here who does!
And I know someone on here who claims to know he knows someone who does!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #986 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 11:24:11 »

I'm glad this stuff makes sense to someone....let me see if I've got this right. Our new FC Board is composed of 4 blokes who've got no money...but are fronting up for unknown "money" men, who won't put in any money because of a possible litigation...which if it does happen is likely to take a year before being settled. In the wings, we have 2 blokes who aren't the money men, but both have previous for associating with businessmen of, to put it kindly, dubious integrity.

Thus far we've been told that next year's wage bill will match this years wage bill...which was heavily subsidised by the largesse of the previous owner. The absence of whose further funding necessitated the sale of the Div 3 poty, in order to get us through to the end of the season and avoid administration. Next season the Board hope we're in the Championship..yep, everything just falls into place.
Flashheart

« Reply #987 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 11:33:10 »

Err, yeah.

I don't see why you make it out to be so unbelievable reg.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #988 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 11:51:06 »

Unfortunately, it does seem pretty believable.
DRS

« Reply #989 on: Monday, March 25, 2013, 14:39:13 »

I'm glad this stuff makes sense to someone....let me see if I've got this right. Our new FC Board is composed of 4 blokes who've got no money...but are fronting up for unknown "money" men, who won't put in any money because of a possible litigation...which if it does happen is likely to take a year before being settled. In the wings, we have 2 blokes who aren't the money men, but both have previous for associating with businessmen of, to put it kindly, dubious integrity.

Thus far we've been told that next year's wage bill will match this years wage bill...which was heavily subsidised by the largesse of the previous owner. The absence of whose further funding necessitated the sale of the Div 3 poty, in order to get us through to the end of the season and avoid administration. Next season the Board hope we're in the Championship..yep, everything just falls into place.
And here lies the problem. All of what you have just posted as gospel is based on rumours 
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: