Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158839 times)
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 14:29:11 »

Now I'm really confused. So theoretically we might not be under embargo? It might be an excuse by the new owners not to spend cash they don't have? I've been pretty patient with them, but the total lack of information coming out of the club is starting to make me uneasy......

It's All Good..............
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 14:31:33 »

Now I'm really confused. So theoretically we might not be under embargo? It might be an excuse by the new owners not to spend cash they don't have? I've been pretty patient with them, but the total lack of information coming out of the club is starting to make me uneasy......
It seems Watford had a similar situation in the summer.

"The Watford Observer contacted the Football League and the Hornets on Wednesday to ask if the club were subject to a transfer embargo due to either the takeover or the Golden Boys’ HM Revenue & Customs bill. Both refused to confirm or deny."
http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/9840651.Is_embargo_the_reason_for_lack_of_Watford_signings_/
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #572 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 14:33:55 »

Except that there was just one piece of clear information out of the club: that Steve Murrall was "very confident" the embargo would be lifted by Monday. Good job Steve. Do you even care you now look a total prick?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 14:57:45 »

Apologies if this has appeared before on here, I can't remember if it has but from February regarding Cheltenham:

"Speaking in an exclusive live web chat with the Echo yesterday, Baker said the fact the proposed investment would have made McCrory's consortium majority stakeholders at Whaddon Road led to the club declining their advances.

We did have an approach from the consortium who are now at Swindon, but we weren't convinced and you have to be very careful," Baker said.

"You have to be very thorough with your due diligence and the fact they want to become the controlling stake holders was a problem."

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Cheltenham-Town-turned-Jed-McCrory-takeover-bid/story-18125137-detail/story.html#axzz2NzuPtLzu

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 15:01:59 »

I hope AB is reading this and has a sudden desire to come back and re-save us. The concern is all his board did was delay the oblivion.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #575 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 15:13:14 »

This looks like his:

http://www.cityprojectgroup.com/

It may not be, but all seems very boiler room-ish. I hope this isn't where our money has come from.

Did you look in to the City Project Group any further? His Linkedin profile lists the company as City Project Limited, which according to Companies House has had a couple of strike off notifications against it, both discontinued though.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 15:23:06 »

Also, the registered address is either an estate agents or his flat above it.
Munichred

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 15:25:32 »

Did you look in to the City Project Group any further? His Linkedin profile lists the company as City Project Limited, which according to Companies House has had a couple of strike off notifications against it, both discontinued though.

www.duedil.com

City Project Limited was incorporated on 28 Oct 2008. The company's status is 'Dissolution Notice Issued', with one director.    Gregory Hall is City Project Limited's sole shareholder. They have no known group companies. City Project Limited have total assets of £0 plus total liabilities of £164,889. Their book value is £-28,322, and the value of their shareholders' fund is £-28,322.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 15:38:08 by Munichred » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #578 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 15:37:40 »

The latest dissolution notice was discontinued (same as the previous one), might be interesting to find out who and why the strike off notice was issued in the first place.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 16:42:26 »

As a person, I'm warming to Jed.  But the unanswered questions are still the 'elephant in the room' for me.

• Who are the backers?
  • What's in it for the backers?
  • If you are completely sure that you cannot reveal the identity of the backers, are you at least able to explain why?
  • Do the backers have an exit strategy and, if yes, what is it?
  • Ground redevelopment or relocation?
  • If neither of the above are a part of your business plan, why not - and how do you propose to maintain the ageing asset of the County Ground?
  • What are the salaries of the new board members?

All that is just for starters.

Impressed with the MacDonald appointment, and with the initial soundings about youth development.  It demonstrates that the man at the top knows his football (and probably a lot better than I do, given that I'd not even heard of Kevin MacDonald before last week.)  Otherwise, jury still out until we get the full picture.  As a club, we have too much bad history to be able to offer any newcomers - and especially newcomers that none of us have any prior knowledge of - the benefit of the doubt.  That isn't ingratitude; it's common sense.

The other board members are going to need time to get their feet under the table before we start seeing results from them...but the Callum Rice appointment still feels very strange to me.  I'd like to think that his being a Dunstable/Luton local is coincidental to Jed's own association with the area and that he hasn't landed the job simply because he's a drinking buddy, but I have my doubts.

I know that quoting yourself does probably look a little self-obsessed, but I went back to find this earlier post from a few weeks ago...and I think I would have written the same today.  Very little appears to have changed.  And the questions are as valid now as they were then - if not more so.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #580 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 16:48:35 »

Ardiles, you are sooooo pompous.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 16:50:19 »

I know.
DMR

« Reply #582 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 16:50:39 »

Fuck me if I went back to every time I was right I'd never stop quoting myself.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #583 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 16:52:25 »

When I did it everyone had a go at me.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 16:59:54 »

When I did it everyone had a go at me.

I can't remember you doing it...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: