Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 76   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New board press conference thread  (Read 158843 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:28:42 »

Who is Callum Rice?  I work in the music industry and have never heard of him.

He runs or owns a pub in Lincolnshire.
He lives in Dunstable.
He has long hair.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:29:00 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
Rice: “We will be having concerts here at County Ground. I don’t know whether it’s something people found they couldn’t manage (in past)."

Does he know we previously tried this, and failed to make money from it? Maybe he has the expertise to make a success of it.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:30:53 »

Who is Callum Rice?  I work in the music industry and have never heard of him.

Lead singer for Whitesnake, before David Coverdale.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:32:06 »

Pretty sure you won't get better than PDC screaming 'Dancing in the Moonlight' by toploader at the CG.

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:34:45 »

Depends whether the next man is Reg or not. No-one could match the depth of his disappointment Wink

This is pretty much the sort of thing I expected.... time to get

[url width=334 height=151]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y154/Reg__Smeeton/sherlockmanatee.jpg[/url]

on the case.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:36:02 »

After some light digging, here are some facts that are interesting, but nothing you can draw any conclusions from.

Takeover company is called Seebeck 87. This sounds like an off-the-shelf firm set up by a lawyer. And there appears to be a Seebeck 86, Seebeck 85 etc.

Seebeck House is the registered office of the new firm, and is also the main office of this law firm.
http://www.emwllp.com/

This firm is very involved with Franchise. (http://www.emwllp.com/whats-the-matter/real-estate/what-weve-been-doing/#c2022 and http://www.thelawyer.com/emw-leads-on-56m-deal-to-expand-mk-dons-stadium/1010423.article). Their main sport and property partner has "worked as a lawyer with Pete Winkelman for the last 10 years in bringing football to Milton Keynes"

http://www.mkdonsset.com/about/trustees/

You have hit the bullseye............Seebeck 1 to 857 and counting.......this is the concern.

They will sell if we got promoted. Like backing a horse at about 6/1.

However lets be patient and see................what else can we do. No orange hats yet.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:38:37 »

Lead singer for Whitesnake, before David Coverdale.

Cozy Powell was a Swindon Supporter........Smiley
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:39:29 »

Sam just tweeted that when Jed was asked if the benefactors have the same money as the old board Jed answered they did. Very interesting

If it's the same money wouldn't that mean it's the same benefactors?

Not sure it's that strange them not coming forward, given the shit Black has caught recently. If I won the lottery and for some reason wanted to piss some of it away on the club I would want to stay anonymous - not worth the hassle.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:44:11 »

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA
Rice: “We will be having concerts here at County Ground. I don’t know whether it’s something people found they couldn’t manage (in past)."

The MK Wankleman connection...
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:45:30 »

Who is Callum Rice?  I work in the music industry and have never heard of him.

I have found a few mentions in the Bedfordshire local press ('Luton Today').  Hold on to your socks.

Apr 2005: 'Meet a Band with Bite'

Aug 2005: 'Fury as Open Air Concert Scrapped'

Feb 2008: 'Dunstable Rockers make an Explosive Start to the New Year'

Basically, he's someone's mate.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:45:54 »

Who is Callum Rice?  I work in the music industry and have never heard of him.

His current company was previously called CR Artiste Management, so I'm guessing he was some kind of agent/manager.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:48:30 »

I have a friend from Dunstable who knows some local musicians there. I'll drop him a message and see if he's heard of him
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:49:45 »

His current company was previously called CR Artiste Management, so I'm guessing he was some kind of agent/manager.

Judging by his hair he still fancies his chance as a lead singer. I hoped for a little more football expertise on the board!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:50:43 »

You have hit the bullseye............Seebeck 1 to 857 and counting.......this is the concern.

They will sell if we got promoted. Like backing a horse at about 6/1.

However lets be patient and see................what else can we do. No orange hats yet.

Conclusions. You. Jumping. Are. To.

It's on off-the-shelf company, lots of people do it. It doesn't necessarily mean they're a bunch of crooks (but it doesn't rule it out either).
iffy

« Reply #239 on: Monday, February 25, 2013, 17:59:12 »

Conclusions. You. Jumping. Are. To.

It's on off-the-shelf company, lots of people do it. It doesn't necessarily mean they're a bunch of crooks (but it doesn't rule it out either).

Samdy is right. It takes a couple of weeks to form a company, so lawyers and accountants set loads up in bulk so that when you need to, you buy it 'off-the-shelf'. The lawyers resign as directors, appoint you and you're up and running. Very standard practice. Link to MKD was more interesting.

As for the music and 'commercial opportunities'. We've had FourFourTwo and Samsung as commercial partners. We're doing pretty well on that score. It's not as if it needs a turnaround. Why would you appoint Rice, Murrall and Hooper when Watkins is doing all three of their jobs as well as anyone in the league?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 76   Go Up
Print
Jump to: