Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Di Canio hits back at recent accusations  (Read 15117 times)
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 04:00:05 »

The way things are going I fully expect to see him back as manager. Nothing surprises me with STFC anymore.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 04:39:24 »

Lest we forget. Andrew Black has had his say. PDC hasn't. God forbid some people on here should be selected for jury service. On a rainy day in Scunthorpe in April, when we are in the play-off zone and losing , I sincerely hope that some of Ardiles's "revisionists" are able to look back and re-revise themselves.
kerry red

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 06:30:53 »

Just who will be inside Rockin' Robin's costume this afternoon?

I really don't get the ambivalence towards Paolo - whether he returns, Lazarus style, or not, he and his circus have lifted our club up from its bootstraps over the past 18 months, given us back pride and passion in our club.

Everyone knows he is a wonderful loon, but he is OUR wonderful loon.

I would imagine that if he is welcomed back by the new lot it would be with a very distinct change of financial rules for him to abide by and as long as he is aware of this, and accepts it, I honestly see no reason why he shouldn't reclaim his place in STFC folklore.

Come on, guys, is there really anyone out there you'd rather have?

« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 06:46:28 by kerry red » Logged
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:22:32 »

Indeed, he's an absolute head case, but rightly or wrongly he entertains and gives us plenty to debate on here. Now imagine Andy Thorne, Paul Buckle or Mike Newell in charge.

I'd welcome him back to finish what he has started and been so successful at here.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:26:47 »

As long as he doesnt bring a fucking drum.

Ha ha, like that.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:31:42 »

Di Canio coming back at 0-2 down would remind me of this (at around the 1.30 mark)

Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 08:33:32 »

Brinkmanship that went wrong from Paolo.

I'm pissed off with the timing of the resignation and have some concerns over the stuff contained in Black's statement (although the bit about Wray being obsessed with Paolo is hilarious), but if he were unveiled on the pitch as manager by the new consortium this afternoon, I'd sing his name as loud as before.

Someone said earlier this week that we were a coach crash away from being an episode of Dream Team. I think we've actually crossed over into a storyline they ruled out as too ridiculous.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:13:01 »

Perhaps he is going to make a Paolo Di Cameo appearance....I'll get me coat.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:20:28 »

As a Dos-like fan of PDC, I too find the extent of the ambivalence towards PDC very surprising.

Ignoring those who will be delighted that PDC's departure will attract back the £350 player sponsorship from the GMB Union, I think most of us are just washed out by the sudden but prolonged uncertainty over the club's future.

PDCs "will he, won't he" contribution has been misjudged.  A perfect Paolo would have enhanced his reputation on the job market had he pledged the rest of the season to his team and his fans

None of us mind success if it happens to come our way it but it is not very Swindon for a manager to come in and actually demand it from those around him and actually mean it.

There is some evidence that egotistical, sociopathic traits are more common in high achieving figures in corporate and public life even if most such high achievers can be advised to keep those traits reasonably well camouflaged. 

PDCs flaw is that he is useless at the camouflage bit so whilst I believe he can be especially successful, he will not be successful anywhere and he will attract fans and detractors rather than admirers.

Whatever, I believe he has left us with a squad prepared to sacrifice to achieve and there is a great opportunity if we get the right person in now.  I'd love it, I'd really love it if that person were to be...

kerry red

« Reply #39 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:23:58 »

It's like when the beloved family pet is sick, you know the end is coming and you are dreading it.

Then, when the inevitable happens, there is a sense of relief and a wishing not to have to go through that again.

I'd have him back in an instant
« Last Edit: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:31:24 by kerry red » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:30:28 »

Give him his job back and we will win the league. 2league titles in the bounce. Dreamland stuff
HardCorePrawn

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:41:47 »

Give him his job back and we will win the league....

... and go out of business. The club can't afford him and his entourage. If he had been satisfied to operate within a budget unmatched in most of the rest of the division this situation wouldn't have arisen. If he's as talented as many suggest he would have been able to do so.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:47:57 »

There's surreal and there may be something beyond...and this could be it.  At the outset the consensus was this could be wonderful or a total train crash. I'm undecided.

It's pretty much been both, the brakes have now been applied but we're still doing 120mph and the buffers are rolling into view.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:48:23 »

... and go out of business. The club can't afford him and his entourage. If he had been satisfied to operate within a budget unmatched in most of the rest of the division this situation wouldn't have arisen. If he's as talented as many suggest he would have been able to do so.
do you know what had been spent and what others do? I know it's alot but would be interested to get the comparisons. Winning titles costs money these days.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 09:50:26 »

Why would we go out of business? The budget is different now Black's gone and di Canio is fully aware of that. The u turn that many have made over PdC is staggering.  No doubt they'd be back on side if he was reinstated.

It's All Good..............
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: