Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: Town statement on takeover and managerial situation  (Read 31745 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:20:07 »

Can we sing 'Fuck off Di Canio, Fuck off Di Canio' now?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:20:38 »

Jesus  - What a pair of drama queens. It's only football

Are you my wife?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:26:19 »

On FB swindon town fans thing

Swindon Town to are to call a press conference for
tomorrow. No Official Statement to come from the club today

Never knowingly overstated.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:28:48 »

Jesus  - What a pair of drama queens. It's only football
So you are perfectly happy with how Paolo walked out on us then and he is totally blameless?

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:32:17 »

I think that most rational people knew that eventually PDC would be off to pastures new but not in the manner in which it has happened and that is the part that really annoys me more.

The turn around of our fortunes in eighteen months has been quite remarkable and it has to be down to PDC and his team and for that I thank them, but I cannot thank them for the situation we are left in regarding back-room staff.

I am trusting in the senior players charged with keeping the run going and cannot see them letting the standards slip just because there is no actual manager in the dug-out. However that is an added pressure that they should not be put under for longer than necessary and the sooner a reputable manager and his staff are in place the better.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:35:54 »

On FB swindon town fans thing

Swindon Town to are to call a press conference for
tomorrow. No Official Statement to come from the club today

Wonder who will be there to answer questions? Paul Godfrey I expect.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:38:10 »

Curly Withers.  But he'll refuse to answer any questions apart from about the players preference for types of tea.  New gaffer Darren Ward sensationally reveals that he is partial to lotus blossom and jasmine green tea.

Never knowingly overstated.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:38:59 »

Sometimes in life when you're faced with huge setbacks and challenges you just have to get on with it and show your sense of determination to come through it all.

It is undoubtedly a really tough time for the fans,the players and the remaining staff at the club.But in footballing
examples do you think that the Swansea chairman Hugh Jenkins,when he continually loses a young bright manager,
he just gives up?

Yes it's a higher level,but he's seen their rise from the bottom to the top,but his sense of determination is a shining
example to fans of smaller clubs across the country.

Even though it's tough,keep the faith!

COYR
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:48:52 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:40:46 »

Some may be able to cast their minds back to when Mark McGhee fucked off and left Reading in the lurch when going well...they appointed 2 senior players Jimmy Quinn and Mick Gooding...they did pretty well but got beat in a PO final v Bolton, that they really should have won.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:42:38 »

He hasn't dropped in my eyes, he's plummeted. The respect and admiration I had is no more. In a few years I might view things differently, but in the current heat of battle, the sour taste lingers and smarts.

My take....

It's like being married to the woman who gives the worlds best blow jobs. But no matter how good the blow jobs were in the past, if one day she pulls away before you're finished and announces she's divorcing you because you forgot to put the rubbish bags out you'll be the one walking away with a bad taste in your mouth and not her.

It will take some time for that bad taste to go. It will go quicker if you find a new wife who's also really good at blow jobs and/or if the ex-wife doesn't find someone better too soon.
Barry Scott

« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:44:28 »

My take....

It's like being married to the woman who gives the worlds best blow jobs. But no matter how good the blow jobs were in the past, if one day she pulls away before you're finished and announces she's divorcing you because you forgot to put the rubbish bags out you'll be the one walking away with a bad taste in your mouth and not her.

It will take some time for that bad taste to go. It will go quicker if you find a new wife who's also really good at blow jobs and/or if the ex-wife doesn't find someone better too soon.

Cheesy Good one. Very fitting in this case. If we still go up as Champs, I think we'll remember Paolu well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 17:46:08 »

My take....

Think if you get rid of one wife...then you're pretty stupid to get another one...out of the frying pan etc. Don't know what sort of bj's PdC gives, but if you get majorly fucked about by your employees..then walking is a standard response.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:08:44 »

Seems to me too that a lot of people have turned on Paolo since his departure. Some reasons come across better than others, but he has given some people the opportunity to vent their anger and others who never wanted him in the first place say 'told you so' as along with other persons he is not blameless for the mess.
I for one will miss him massively. When he was appointed I can't remember anyone saying this will be a boring, ultra steady, predictable individual running the show, quite the opposite, the consensus was we would either fly or crash and burn. Happily for a long time we flew. Through his tenure the unpredictability increased so why people seem so surprised how things have panned out is a bit short sighted in my opinion.
We have never had and probably never will have another quite like Paolo in charge and unlikely see the unusual sight of crowds actually waiting in the ground to regularly cheer a manager off the pitch.
I am sad and dissapointed the way things have worked out but so many good times in such a short space of time will not leave a sour taste for me.
I wish Paolo and his team good luck and thank him for the many good monemts we have experienced in such a short time.
So now and most importantly back to concentrating on supporting the Town. COYR.
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:09:18 »

Yep, this is hilarious.

I'm not too concerned in the short term. I think letting the players get on with it is the right option at the moment, but to not have any owners or any management staff is simply bizarre! Coupled with the fact that we're low on fit players at the moment, our bench is going to be a bit sparse for our next game.

And we're top of the league!!

Typical Town.
We've got 2 extra players (Paolo's signings as well......) that are available now. Cox and Rooney. Hopefully, Ward and Miller will show a bit more common sense and put them on the bench at least.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, February 20, 2013, 18:16:57 »

He took a team from nondescript, recently relegated, 4th tier shite, and won the league in the first season.

He then takes the team to the top of the 3rd tier, despite having a great player sold behind his back.

In the meantime, Swindon have unprecedented coverage in the National press

I suppose you're right, he's rubbish
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: