Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: League 1 tonight  (Read 23254 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #90 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 19:43:40 »

Found it.....

The 2011 accounts paint a troubling picture of the real cost of failure to beat Millwall at Wembley back in May 2010. Town continued the 2010/11 season full of hope with a similar playing budget – totalling £4,375,964 – and speculated further by acquiring the registration of players; including money buys Simon Ferry, Paul Caddis, Matt Ritchie, Milan Misun, Elliot Benyon and Aden Flint for £740,002.

http://thewashbag.com/2012/04/24/counting-the-cost-of-failure/

Oh, and Chris_stfc, these figures were taken directly from official figures released by the club.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #91 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 19:43:45 »

Plus the wage bill was quite high (apparently)
That season was not done on a shoe string. I'm sure we would have made additional signings in the January transfer window, but Wilson could not persuade anyone to join.
This is true.

The likes of Dossevi (Dovessi!), Pericard, Rose, Andrew, N'Dayie, Grella, Obika, Prutton and Frampton did not come cheap despite their utter shitness!

Add to that a large squad excluding loans of at least 22 full time pro's and 7 loanees as well as several yoofs, makes expensive reading with Douglas, Sheehan, Cuthbert, McGovern, Lucas, O'Brien, Sheehan, Ferry and Caddis all supposed to be on well above average wages for this league we must have spent a lot more on wages that season than this one.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 19:51:57 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 19:47:42 »

I think I started off this bit of Bmuff bashing but to be honest I have no issue with other teams doing the lets go for broke thing, we've done it and will probably do it again.

My issue is more with the opprobrium and moral outcry that has faced us which seems ignorant of the fact that we are not doing a Bournemouth and despite the difficulties caused by a major backer pulling out, we are performing well with a small, but well paid squad.   

Clubs cant be forced to cut their cloth accordingly if backers are allowed to spunk money away.  Financial fair play and wage caps are ergo a nonsense.

Oh Im just babbling now.  It doesnt matter.  Its only football.

Never knowingly overstated.
Flashheart

« Reply #93 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 19:58:13 »

I think I started off this bit of Bmuff bashing but to be honest I have no issue with other teams doing the lets go for broke thing, we've done it and will probably do it again.

My issue is more with the opprobrium and moral outcry that has faced us which seems ignorant of the fact that we are not doing a Bournemouth and despite the difficulties caused by a major backer pulling out, we are performing well with a small, but well paid squad.   

Clubs cant be forced to cut their cloth accordingly if backers are allowed to spunk money away.  Financial fair play and wage caps are ergo a nonsense.

Just wait until we can sign players again: "They've just been in admin yet they are spending again", "Those cheats spending money they don't have". etc etc....
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Wednesday, February 13, 2013, 20:05:46 »

Nah. I'm a Swindon fan, which means it's perfectly acceptable for us to do anything, but not other teams. Logic and fairness has nothing to do with it...

It's All Good..............
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 09:07:56 »

Nah. I'm a Swindon fan, which means it's perfectly acceptable for us to do anything, but not other teams. Logic and fairness has nothing to do with it...

Damn right Herthab, with you on this one. Means Bournemouth can do one. I'm still bitter about Blackburn for fucks sake.

Yes i have a long memory.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #96 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 09:14:37 »

Damn right Herthab, with you on this one. Means Bournemouth can do one. I'm still bitter about Blackburn for fucks sake.

Yes i have a long memory.
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeearerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 09:31:18 »

So we spent £700k?
Still don't think that's comparable to Bournemouth

They spent over twice that on 3 players (Tubbs £800k, Grabban £350k and Ritchie £550)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 10:48:11 »

Good luck to them. As a fan I'd quite like to have continued investment like that. If only it didn't come back to bite you on the bum later....
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 10:55:09 »

So we spent £700k?

They spent over twice that on 3 players (Tubbs £800k, Grabban £350k and Ritchie £550)

They also bought an Aberdeen winger for 400k as well. Good luck to them, hope it doesn't come back to bite them in the ass further down the line. As fans you can often be blinkered by the shit or bust approach, to some extent we have seen it, poo pooing the warnings from Other fans that things will go wrong down the line.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #100 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 10:55:43 »

Good luck to them. As a fan I'd quite like to have continued investment like that. If only it didn't come back to bite you on the bum later....
Their demise time will come, a bit like ours but will be much more massive with bigger consequences IMO leaving them well and truly in the shit financially.

I just wish our investment had lasted a bit longer than it did.

Flashheart

« Reply #101 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 10:56:46 »

The money being pumped into Bournemouth is in the form of loans and IIRC correctly, they are not interest free. They do appear to be soft loans but there is no saying when the loan may be called in, plus interest.

I won't pretend to know much about the intentions of their owners because I don't but charging interest in the loans suggests that they may well have the intention of recalling the money at some point.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #102 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 10:58:21 »

So we spent £700k?

Don't forget £300k for Pittman too.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-receive-300-000-Brett-Pitman/story-17768527-detail/story.html#axzz2KlWbPfC4

Looks like their spending on wages will carry on increasing as they plot to sign a left back on loan from QPR, that is unless 'Arry does a deal in which they don't pay much in wages....fuck it QPR can afford £100k a week for Samba they can afford to write off £15k a week loan wages.
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 11:01:27 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Flashheart

« Reply #103 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 11:06:37 »

Don't forget £300k for Pittman too.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/Bristol-City-receive-300-000-Brett-Pitman/story-17768527-detail/story.html#axzz2KlWbPfC4

Looks like their spending on wages will carry on increasing as they plot to sign a left back on loan from QPR, that is unless 'Arry does a deal in which they don't pay much in wages....fuck it QPR can afford £100k a week for Samba they can afford to write off £15k a week loan wages.

Paolo should be tapping him up.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #104 on: Thursday, February 14, 2013, 11:09:25 »

Paolo should be tapping him up.
I haden't though of that! good idea, I am sure QPR have a few fringe players that could do a job for us.

Depends on whether he values a loan to "his club" Boremuff or to "his mates club" in Swindon.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: