Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Mascot package  (Read 3507 times)
WR5

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 20:25:04 »

Any TEF with kids done the mascot thing for them or know anyone that has?

Was if worth it?
My lad has asked if he can do it for his birthday. It's not cheap but I am happy to splash out of it is something he will really enjoy and remember.

Cheers

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 21, 2013, 21:30:45 »

Yes, my lad has. We did it midweek for a cup game, so it was cheaper.

It might be a bit different on a Saturday, but we got the tour - boot room, home dressing room (he met quite a few players on way in and got 17 autographs), met Danny Wilson in the managers office, went to the boardroom, back to the sponsor's suite had a meal, watched a match from the posh seat. Great hosting from George and Brenda, who presumably still do it?

Oh, forgot the best bit. Went out on the pitch with Charlie Austin*, kick around on the pitch, did the walk along the line shaking hands with the Orient players, did the centre circle thing.

* the other mascot let him as they both wanted to go out with Austin, nice lad, Davy I think his name was.

Was it worth,  I certainly enjoyed it and won't forget it Smiley Hopefully will do it again with the youngest when he's a bit more into it. 
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 10:44:21 »

Yes, my lad has. We did it midweek for a cup game, so it was cheaper.

It might be a bit different on a Saturday, but we got the tour - boot room, home dressing room (he met quite a few players on way in and got 17 autographs), met Danny Wilson in the managers office, went to the boardroom, back to the sponsor's suite had a meal, watched a match from the posh seat. Great hosting from George and Brenda, who presumably still do it?

Oh, forgot the best bit. Went out on the pitch with Charlie Austin*, kick around on the pitch, did the walk along the line shaking hands with the Orient players, did the centre circle thing.

* the other mascot let him as they both wanted to go out with Austin, nice lad, Davy I think his name was.

Was it worth,  I certainly enjoyed it and won't forget it Smiley Hopefully will do it again with the youngest when he's a bit more into it. 

cheers Batch Think we will go for it.

pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 11:03:39 »

My wife did it.

She tried chasing Fitzroy Simpson around the pitch.

Epic fail.....

(This was many, many years ago....)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 11:42:57 »

My wife did it.

She tried chasing Fitzroy Simpson around the pitch.

Epic fail.....

(This was many, many years ago....)
I can see her doing this TBF mate!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 12:52:54 »

My eldest has done it before (Wycombe a few seasons back - 1-1 draw).

Both of my Sons will be Mascots this season vs Crewe. Of course looking forward to this.

It is a great day.

Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 20:33:04 »

A friend of mine got it for his 8yr old son last year. PDC asked his son if he was ready to play the game, even asked him what number he wanted to play in! His son was convinced PDC was serious....anyway, they had a great time and they're doing it again this year for his 9th birthday.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 22:54:59 »

I was a mascot under Andy King. I'm dead jealous of the kids who get to be ones under PDC.
lambourn red

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 22:57:27 »

My eldest has done it before (Wycombe a few seasons back - 1-1 draw).

Both of my Sons will be Mascots this season vs Crewe. Of course looking forward to this.

It is a great day.

So did mine that day ,there was an old fella as one of the 5 mascots
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 22, 2013, 23:27:59 »

Wasn't there some grown bloke a few years back who was mascot every game of the season?

I might be imagining this
fatbasher

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 00:03:02 »

Wasn't there some grown bloke a few years back who was mascot every game of the season?

I might be imagining this
Yep, had 69 on his shirt. No idea who he was though.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 00:15:23 »

Yep, had 69 on his shirt. No idea who he was though.

Dave Marsh

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wiltshire/3703987.stm

Each to their own..
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 01:27:00 »

A friend of mine got it for his 8yr old son last year. PDC asked his son if he was ready to play the game, even asked him what number he wanted to play in! His son was convinced PDC was serious....anyway, they had a great time and they're doing it again this year for his 9th birthday.

BBC headline this morning: Di Canio mentally abuses children.
Drakes Way

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 03:04:08 »

WR5,

My son was one of the mascots for the Swindon v Huddersfield game in Sep 2010 when we were on a family trip back to the UK.

We got to do all the things Batch mentioned and he has framed the picture of him in a Swindon home kit kicking the ball around on the County Ground turf.

I agree it is not cheap but it is definitely worth it. I could not fault anything on the day and George and Brenda (if they are still doing it) are great hosts.

My lad doesn't remember everything that we did on that trip but he sure remembers when he was mascot for the day. I just wish I had the opportunity to do it when I was his age.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013, 08:21:28 »

cheers all booking today for the Bury game ( his birthday)
If your not still in the pub and remember a round of "One Will from Worcester" would make his day Cheesy

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: