Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: SWINDON TOWN: Patey wants a bidding war  (Read 18109 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 10:39:28 »

I always got the impression the consortium took over with Black providing the financial supports for his mates, all of whom have cleared off now. Not surprised that he wants out, but the timing is very odd given recent suggestions of no money in January, money subsequently being given to finance permanent signing of Ward and extensions of Martin/Hollands and our recent form.
Flashheart

« Reply #31 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 10:42:09 »

Burnley are in the black
fatbasher

« Reply #32 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 10:44:03 »

Complete bollocks

I bet, like me, you have been hailing them as our saviours for the last few years. And rightly so because that's exactly what they have been.

I understand that you are obviously very upset at Black's withdraw and I think this has jaundiced your views a little

Anyone expecting to "make a quick buck" out of STFC is quite frankly deluded, and not the astute business men that the consortium were, and indeed still are

Like I said instead of attacking my posts you take some to write something thought provoking and "Bollocks" says more about you than it does me if you have to resort to abuse to get a point accross, hey ho.

Yes.

No, been expecting it actually, SWP appointment was a givaway.

Depends on what you mean as a time frame for "quick buck" doesn't it? They are astute businessmen and that's why they (black) wants out, he's carrying the can after the others effectively bailed out.

I'm sure they thought we'd be in the championship now with money pouring in and development well underway.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 10:47:33 by fatbasher » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #33 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 10:48:55 »

Leeds were making a profit up until 2011. I don't know about after that though.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 10:52:41 »

Burnley are in the black

Thought they were in Claret and Blue.
nochee

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:01:23 »

Anyone expecting to "make a quick buck" out of STFC is quite frankly deluded, and not the astute business men that the consortium were, and indeed still are
As it stands, there is no chance to make any cash, we only take money on match days. I think potential buyers will want to look at development of the CG or a new stadium that can generate additional income and business.

History proves that there are too many brick Walls to break through to achieve this. Until somebody does manage to achieve the unachievable, we are stuck in a rut
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:02:57 »

anyone know how this might impact on the lease that is up for renewal?
Flashheart

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:03:51 »

Thought they were in Claret and Blue.

Badoom tsch

Wednesday's last financial thingamywhat showed they made a profit of 15m in one season. There could well be others that I'm unaware of.

It can be done. Just takes the right plan, a wad of cash and perhaps a big slice of luck. (Like not getting relegated when promotion is the aim)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:06:45 »

Hey Flashheart, are you looking at single seasons or trends? Just asking because there will always be clubs with one season profits, but didn't think there would be so many over say a 5 year span.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:10:50 »

Their primary objective was to take a fucking basket case club turn it around with development and preferably promtion to the championship and fuck off as fast as possible after making some money, as indeed the next owners will try to do.
Fb's pretty much right about their objective, just a little cynical about the motive and/or how naive the Fitton consortium was. They took it on primarily as a challenge, both on the pitch and more so off it, to turn round a basket case as he quite rightly puts it. They thought they could do that, they thought they could have some fun doing that. The aim was Championship and a redeveloped ground, mainly so they could leave it self-funding and pass on to someone who'd be able to do the level of investment required to kick on from there.

They never expected to make money, certainly in the early years they expected to plough it in. They hoped to make good on some of those losses when they sold it on, but that did require a redeveloped CG as an asset. Black will know he's unlikely to achieve that now, hence the background wrangling about writing down debt so he can at least make it more attractive to sell it on.

So fb and fred are both right I think Smiley
Flashheart

« Reply #40 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:11:51 »

Hey Flashheart, are you looking at single seasons or trends? Just asking because there will always be clubs with one season profits, but didn't think there would be so many over say a 5 year span.

Just what I can find really. Barnsley showed overall profit over a number of seasons, don't know about their overall balance. Burnley claims to be in the black overall.  Wednesday was only for one season and that 15m profit still leaves then heavily in the red overall but that shows a huge turnaround since Mandaric took over and more profits similar to that would see them in the black before long.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:12:28 »

So fb and fred are both right I think Smiley

So like a special Olympics, everybody wins.

Just what I can find really. Barnsley showed overall profit over a number of seasons, don't know about their overall balance. Burnley claims to be in the black overall.  Wednesday was only for one season and that 15m profit still leaves then heavily in the red overall but that shows a huge turnaround since Mandaric took over and more profits similar to that would see them in the black before long.

If Barnsley have had multiple years in the black it is interesting. Wonder how they managed it.  Yes they have a new ground, but last seasons average gate was 10,300 ish. So not massively different to our own, I think its achievable to match that if we went up. That said, is it going to be enough to provide sustainable Championship football. Can we ever achieve that without a willing benefactor?
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:19:45 by Batch » Logged
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:12:45 »

Or am I missing something here?

Yes - the club loses £1m to £2m a season, which Black is covering at present.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:13:46 »

SWP is knob!

#VivaKenBarlow!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 11:14:32 »

So like a special Olympics, everybody wins.
Very special indeed
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: