Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adver News: SWINDON TOWN: Patey wants a bidding war  (Read 18055 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 22:46:10 »

I wonder what brought on the urgency. I know he wanted out in the summer, but I can't quite see why he sanctioned the budget only to pull the plug. I say pull the plug, I've still no idea what that really means. Are all our permanent players to budget (money in the bank) and therefore we'd be OK with just those players for the remainder of the season even if he did walk? Or what?

Depends what our income levels are. We have 3 weeks now without a home game. That can help in terms of the wage bill.
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 23:41:34 »

Going back to the original article, I'm uneasy with Patey's desire to see a bidding war.

Surely the aim has to be finding the most suitable new owner (paying a fair price), not the one who has a few extra shekels.

Naive?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 23:50:17 »

Or the aim is to simply try and net Black the most money possible from any sale?
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 23:55:13 »

Or the aim is to simply try and net Black the most money possible from any sale?

Indeed, but he wants out ASAP. The longer a bidding war goes on, the longer Black ceases to put cash into the club and the greater possibility of administration.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 01:31:25 »

The difference between a profit and a loss at this level is selling a player for big money.

Coca fola is often the giver of irrelevant eastern european news, but in this instance is BANG on the money. Don't look too much into what clubs do what in one specific year. Even our year of profit was a Simon cox fueled anomaly

Things get better but they never get good
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 09:37:54 »

Patey is their to represent black end of. A big part of the buyout will be how much of the debt the new owners take on as this equate to how much black and co get back. So a bidding war would suit Patey and black but not Swindon. The more money it costs the new owners the less there could be to reinvest back into the club. Sod Patey. I can't say Afghanistan worked out great so I got no confidence in Patey getting this right. And to think he walked out onto our pitch giving it the big one waving, w****r
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 10:33:53 »

Sod Patey. I can't say Afghanistan worked out great so I got no confidence in Patey getting this right.

Yep the mess in Afghanistan is his fault

Staggering
Flashheart

« Reply #82 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 10:35:50 »

I can't say Afghanistan worked out great so I got no confidence in Patey getting this right.

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 10:59:55 »

Patey is their to represent black end of. A big part of the buyout will be how much of the debt the new owners take on as this equate to how much black and co get back. So a bidding war would suit Patey and black but not Swindon. The more money it costs the new owners the less there could be to reinvest back into the club. Sod Patey. I can't say Afghanistan worked out great so I got no confidence in Patey getting this right. And to think he walked out onto our pitch giving it the big one waving, w****r
[url width=200 height=150]http://i.imgur.com/doD2W.gif[/url]
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 11:04:33 »

Sod Patey. I can't say Afghanistan worked out great so I got no confidence in Patey getting this right. And to think he walked out onto our pitch giving it the big one waving, w****r

Fair play. That's the funniest thing I've ever read in my life.

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #85 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 11:12:38 »

It really is a gem, I just had to read through it again.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 11:18:37 »

It's good to laugh better that than crying.  Lets hope the ownership if the club is sorted ASAP. what's this about debt being paid back in 2015, that could be a tricky period for us. I think paolo is the only 1 taking sense and giving me hope as he normally does not bother with the politics and says it how it is. He seems to be very positive about potential bidders and excited about 1. Lets hope this is concluded in a non typical swindon fashion and goes smoothly.

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 11:19:10 »

Maybe he has a point? Afghanistan isn't exactly a success is it? And the bloke has nothing to do with football. Some of you seem to have alot of faith in things we have no idea about. Jury is out for me
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 11:20:44 »

Maybe he has a point? Afghanistan isn't exactly a success is it?

I don't think that has anything whatsoever to do with Patey.
fatbasher

« Reply #89 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 11:29:59 »

Maybe he has a point? Afghanistan isn't exactly a success is it? And the bloke has nothing to do with football. Some of you seem to have alot of faith in things we have no idea about. Jury is out for me

In all fairness the SWP, he was an ambassador, basically doing what he's told by the foreign office and No.10 in conjunction with our NATO and European allies, a figurehead if you like. Pretty much what he's doing now. Black says jump, SWP says how high? A messenger and mediator pretty much.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: