Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Finding money in the street (coins)  (Read 9917 times)
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:36:20 »

We have all found money in the streets, everyday you seem to see an odd twopence here,and an odd fivepence there,but have you ever lowered yourself to pick it up,whats the lowest amount you have stooped to conquer?

I ask this question because this morning in Boscobe I could not be bothered to pick up a twenty pence piece.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:37:57 »

I once saw a fiver on the ground in Bristol and kept walking, but only because I thought it might be on the end of a fishing line or something (one of life's pessimists).

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:39:12 »

Dear Lord.......................
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:41:18 »

....and Father of mankind?

Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:41:50 »

I once saw a fiver on the ground in Bristol and kept walking, but only because I thought it might be on the end of a fishing line or something (one of life's pessimists).

I saw a pound coin outside a pub called the Fat Cats in Bangor, North Wales, stooped to pick it up snd it was super glued. Looked up to see a bunch of people in the adjacent boozer laughing at me. Once burnt forever smitten.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:42:08 »

I bought £18 worth of petrol, 2 packs of lockets and the sun today and was given £4.50 change from a twenty pound note. Yey
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:42:28 »

A friends brother worked in a shop in Ciren, one day they super glued a 50p to the pavement outside and laughed at people trying to pick it up.

Right up until the point a bloke came back with a hammer and chisel, claimed the 50p, smiled and walked off.

Why the fuck am I replying in this thread...oh yeah, Reading are first up on MOTD...

Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:45:16 »

I bought £18 worth of petrol, 2 packs of lockets and the sun today and was given £4.50 change from a twenty pound note. Yey

I had a similar experience buying foreign currency once, they gave me about 50% more than they were supposed to.  I realised but just left the shop as quickly as possible before they did...

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:46:00 »

Little results like this can make such a difference to one's day.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:46:15 »

A friends brother worked in a shop in Ciren, one day they super glued a 50p to the pavement outside and laughed at people trying to pick it up.

Right up until the point a bloke came back with a hammer and chisel, claimed the 50p, smiled and walked off.

Why the fuck am I replying in this thread...oh yeah, Reading are first up on MOTD...

we used to do the same outside my local , had some notes that looked real from a distance and used to leave them outside with something weighing them down , used to piss ourselves at people walking past , spotting it look round  , stop , tie shoelace , walk back , pick up useless piece of paper , then look up too see 10 drunken twats pissing themselves at them .

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:49:36 »

I left £5 in the fucking self checker at Asda last week.

Hope the person who had it needs it more than me
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:50:47 »

I spent it on Smart Price Cider if its of any comfort
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:51:52 »

I spent it on Smart Price Cider if its of any comfort

Yes Money well spent
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:52:25 »

Is this because you couldn't be bothered to pick it up as per your initial question ? Seems a bit extreme
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:54:54 »

Is this because you couldn't be bothered to pick it up as per your initial question ? Seems a bit extreme

I scooted back as I realised my error and saw some camp looking guy with a smirk on his face walking away. What can you do? He knew, he fucking knew!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: