Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: AFC Bournemouth v Swindon Town FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 49617 times)
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:15:30 »

Left straight after game and got back to West Dorset at 8pm - three roads closed due to flooding!

Well that was a satisfying point!

I was sat in the East stand with my Bournemouth mate and (also proud to say) my now Swindon supporting wife. She came back from the bog and told me that some woman was down there saying "Did you see all those cocky Swindon fans coming down here like they're something special, they ain't anything special" - My wife came back and said "that's rich coming from poxy Bournemouth". Good lass, she's starting to understand!!

Anyhow, it was very strange sat in amongst the 'enemy' - When we scored I didn't jump up and down but kept fairly quiet ('cause I'm a pussy!). The missus was grabbing hold of me wanting me to run about screaming like I normally do at home when we score. One thing for sure - I'll do my best to get in the correct end next time as I so wanted to scream and shout and flick my V's at Boremuff.
I didn't see any pockets of Swindon but I was too intent of watching the players celebrating.

That said from where I was sat (near their North stand end) B'muff were creating a good atmosphere. My mate said it was the best attendance this season (their cup final obviously) and that it was noisier than usual.

Had to laugh when James got sponsors MotM!! And what a miss by Collins - looked easier to score than miss!

Anyhow, at the end I overheard various conversations;
"The most work James has had to do in weeks"
"They (STFC) were physically stronger than us but we were technically the better side, on a dry pitch we'd have done 'em"
"They never gave up - so competative" etc etc

So good day out, first game for 10 years - enjoying my beer now and want to get back to going to games again!

(PS PDC is a fucking star - the B'muff fans couldn't get enough of him)

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:15:59 »

Couldn't disagree more. Their goal was against the run of play and they were lucky to get a point. The weather ruined the potential for a great game but in no way did they adapt to conditions better. Apart from a 10 min spell in the second half I felt we controlled possession but the weather just made things difficult. We really do look class and are playing great football. I can't understand why Rafa is on the bench though. And Ferry for that matter. On a normal surface we would have definitely won today. On a negative note, I thought most of the game our fans were very quiet. Still a great point, but feel the weather stopped us getting 3 points.

I agree, and I haven't read one comment from a Bournemouth fan who thought they deserved to win.

If Ferry and De Vita had started the game we would have won comfortably. I don't know why PDC insists on playing Miller and Hollands together as we're nowhere near as effective. Agee with others that Ritchie and Macca had off days, although Macca came alive when De Vita came on. Fucking awful miss from Collins. Thankfully James saved the day, and we could have won it with that clearance that nearly looped in and the deflected free kick.

At least we managed to get into the ground dry! Great effort from both teams in terrible conditions. Whilst running back to the car I stepped in a lake up to my knees. It made the drive home uncomfortable.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:16:19 »

Don't get anyone saying it was a poor game. I thought it was a remarkably good quality game considering the circumstances with some very good passages of passing/ control/ dribbling/ tackles/ and general endeavour from both sets of players in amongst the inevitable slips and slices.

Reckon they edged it on possession and we edged it on chances and a draw was a fair result in the end. There is a very good write up of the game by a Bournemouth fan on their forum.

http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=55298&posts=19

sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:18:00 »

Who was it that said Bournemouth and us would make up the top two? I agree with that.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:20:32 »

I sort of see what he means in that we try and get it out wide quickly and into the box. And sometimes we play it long (in a controlled way). But I really think that sells a short, because we can play football too - just not too much tappy tappy Smiley

We had more possession than them (51%). Not bad for a direct side.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:21:03 »

Thank God for Swindon Town FC. It's days like these you learn to live again. We need to cherish every moment of this roller coaster.

As our Italian contibutor said earlier

Forza Swindon
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:27:09 »

Left straight after game and got back to West Dorset at 8pm - three roads closed due to flooding!

Well that was a satisfying point!

I was sat in the East stand with my Bournemouth mate and (also proud to say) my now Swindon supporting wife. She came back from the bog and told me that some woman was down there saying "Did you see all those cocky Swindon fans coming down here like they're something special, they ain't anything special" - My wife came back and said "that's rich coming from poxy Bournemouth". Good lass, she's starting to understand!!

Anyhow, it was very strange sat in amongst the 'enemy' - When we scored I didn't jump up and down but kept fairly quiet ('cause I'm a pussy!). The missus was grabbing hold of me wanting me to run about screaming like I normally do at home when we score. One thing for sure - I'll do my best to get in the correct end next time as I so wanted to scream and shout and flick my V's at Boremuff.
I didn't see any pockets of Swindon but I was too intent of watching the players celebrating.

That said from where I was sat (near their North stand end) B'muff were creating a good atmosphere. My mate said it was the best attendance this season (their cup final obviously) and that it was noisier than usual.

Had to laugh when James got sponsors MotM!! And what a miss by Collins - looked easier to score than miss!

Anyhow, at the end I overheard various conversations;
"The most work James has had to do in weeks"
"They (STFC) were physically stronger than us but we were technically the better side, on a dry pitch we'd have done 'em"
"They never gave up - so competative" etc etc

So good day out, first game for 10 years - enjoying my beer now and want to get back to going to games again!

(PS PDC is a fucking star - the B'muff fans couldn't get enough of him)

Good report mate , and nice to hear you're other half is now a fan . Still think we could of won if the weather had been better as it probably evened  the game .

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 22:57:37 »

Also Bournemouth fans saying we celebrated like we'd won the Champions league. Can't see much harm in a trial run  Cool
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 23:01:30 »

also seemed they were happy with a point in the end

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 23:08:01 »

Also Bournemouth fans saying we celebrated like we'd won the Champions league. Can't see much harm in a trial run  Cool

That kind of accusation always makes me laugh - like they wouldn't celebrate getting a late equaliser against another team towards the top end of the table?

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 23:14:16 »

Taunts like that are meaningless.

Celebrate wildly...
'OTT, like you've won the Champions League.'
Don't...
'You're passionless.'

Sell your allocation of tickets (and take up a few in the home end)...
'It's your Cup Final!'
Don't...
'Shit club, no fans.'

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, January 12, 2013, 23:30:01 »

He really is.
he wasn't the last time you said that and still isn't.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 00:01:46 »

If Ritchie was consistent I would agree, but he can go missing in games. Ferry always has a big impact on the game and is scoring goals this season.

Ritchie is far and away our most consistent (attacking) player! If he's quiet, it's because the opposition have given him extra attention.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 00:27:29 »

Ritchie is far and away our most consistent (attacking) player! If he's quiet, it's because the opposition have given him extra attention.

Did you go today?

Best player...probably but not today.....extra attention doesn't make you spoon 70% of your passes.

Bad day at the office Moonraker.....End of...it's rare but there it is.

Clems Army!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, January 13, 2013, 00:36:17 »

Did you go today?

Best player...probably but not today.....extra attention doesn't make you spoon 70% of your passes.

Bad day at the office Moonraker.....End of...it's rare but there it is.

No, I didn't, but saying he isn't the most consistent on the basis of one bad day at the office doesn't stack up either. I'd rather judge him on the basis of his other 100 other games for us! Judging someone as the best/worst/most consistent means you need to generalise...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: