Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Brentford FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36849 times)
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:53:53 »

The persistent short corner get on my tits but without Flint we don't have much threat I guess.

Chipping the ball to the edge of the area from a corner for Ritchie to smash was a little ambitious though!
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 22:56:38 »

Yeh, it was a dive, but lovely surrounding area. Had the highest population in Wales around a hundred years ago then the industry went to shite. Brecon is a nice location. Decent boozers.

Used to work in Brecon. Was an utter shit to get there, especially in the winter. Pretty though.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:00:02 »

Yeh, good craic in the Sarah Siddons  Pint Only stayed in Merthyr because I found a £20 a night hotel. Walked up Pen-Y-Fan. Decent weekend away. Off to Nottingham on Saturday, you going, we could have a few pints?
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:00:48 »

That's a shame mate. I'm in Swansea. Whizzing along the M4 at the minute.

And you don't even have the Mumbles Mile to drown your sorrows in anymore
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:02:51 »

Tactically inept performance with no-one coming out of the game with any real credit. I am now getting at a loss as to understanding how our performances at home being so good one game and the total opposite the next.

Once again a not very good Brentford side did a job on us as per the other teams that we have dropped points to, and it is a concern to me that we do not have enough nous to change things around when it happens.

Concerned also that Roberts and Ritchie have both gone backwards, Roberts knowing he will be subbed at the first mistake (as will Collins) and I am certain that it is no confidence booster as can be seen by the body language when pulled off.

Seemed to have got away with it result wise tonight but not a happy bunny at all!

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:05:47 »

We massively missed Williams tonight. When we play it long he's the only one with enough pace to get on the end of them. As others have said, Martin and Collins are too similar and quite slow. The only way we can win without Williams is to play the ball out to the wingers and get lots of crosses in (not that Roberts will do anything on current form).

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:06:24 »

And you don't even have the Mumbles Mile to drown your sorrows in anymore

Quite a few famous names

Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, was brought up in the area
 Richard Valentine Pitchford (aka Cardini), Master Magician and sleight-of-hand legend, was born in Mumbles in 1895.
 Catherine Zeta-Jones, actress, grew up in Mumbles, and she and Michael Douglas have a house there
 Ian Hislop, satirist and editor, was born in Mumbles.
 Joanna Page, actress, was born in Mumbles.
 Bonnie Tyler, singer and songwriter, lives in Mumbles.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:10:14 »

Quite a few famous names

Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, was brought up in the area
 Richard Valentine Pitchford (aka Cardini), Master Magician and sleight-of-hand legend, was born in Mumbles in 1895.
 Catherine Zeta-Jones, actress, grew up in Mumbles, and she and Michael Douglas have a house there
 Ian Hislop, satirist and editor, was born in Mumbles.
 Joanna Page, actress, was born in Mumbles.
 Bonnie Tyler, singer and songwriter, lives in Mumbles.
 Batch was nearly sick after doing the Mumbles mile in '92

Quite a list.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:10:29 »

Pass it back to the keeper, hoof.
Get the ball into a good position, over-hit the cross.
Get the ball into a good position, over-hit the cross.
etc.
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:13:00 »

Mumbles is on the posh side of Swansea. I'm over on the East, what we lack in Hollywood A-Listers like CZJ we make up with former ginger beefcake, John Hartson.

Not going up to Notts sadly. They've got a Hooters near the ground though which I'm reliably informed is one to check out.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:25:52 »

Picking up from Paolo's comments I would say it is Ritchie that he is most disappointed with, probably one of the few postitions we don't have a replacement for so my money's on bringing in a right sided midfielder to kick Ritchies ass. We were ok first half but needed to score when we had a few chances just before half time. Second half they stepped up their game and we didn't. The defence wasnt  too bad apart from Thompson switching off for their goal but we created very little in the second half and never really put them under any pressure. Crappy drive home on the motorway in the pissing rain rounded off a disappointing night.
Dostoyevsky

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:28:16 »

Picking up from Paolo's comments I would say it is Ritchie that he is most disappointed with, probably one of the few postitions we don't have a replacement for so my money's on bringing in a right sided midfielder to kick Ritchies ass. We were ok first half but needed to score when we had a few chances just before half time. Second half they stepped up their game and we didn't. The defence wasnt  too bad apart from Thompson switching off for their goal but we created very little in the second half and never really put them under any pressure. Crappy drive home on the motorway in the pissing rain rounded off a disappointing night.

You got back to Nottingham in less than 2 hours Huh?
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:30:04 »

I feel for you.  It's bad enough having a 10/15 minute drive home in the rain after we've lost  Sad
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:33:12 »

Mumbles is on the posh side of Swansea. I'm over on the East, what we lack in Hollywood A-Listers like CZJ we make up with former ginger beefcake, John Hartson.

Mumbles is posh? Always liked Cwmdu McDonalds for some reason, I think it is the stunning breakfast wrap they do Eat
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:35:56 by Shaw Rosso » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, November 20, 2012, 23:35:40 »

You got back to Nottingham in less than 2 hours Huh?
I no longer live in Nottingham, only an hour from Swindon but a wet motorway all the same.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: