Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61114 times)
phelpsieboy

« Reply #330 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 22:23:38 »

Well I feel alot more relaxed now I've read Andrew Black's tweets, panic over...for now!
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 22:28:41 »

Well I feel alot more relaxed now I've read Andrew Black's tweets, panic over...for now!

You have a pic of our new chairman as an avatar, bloody impressive
phelpsieboy

« Reply #332 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 22:34:37 »

You have a pic of our new chairman as an avatar, bloody impressive
It had to be done, especially after he pulled a funny face unintentionally in an Afghan sitcom. Not many football league clubs can say they have a chairman that has done that.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 22:46:04 »

Looks like it might be safe to take a few hours kip...what we do know for sure is that the Pox lost 3-0 and the league 2 table makes good reading.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 22:53:30 »

Set the alarm for 6 just in case
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 06:31:27 »

Looks like the last paragraph of that interview with Patey sums up the reasoning behind this in a nutshell

Jeremy focused 100 per cent on the football aspects of the club. The owners feel that the commercial side of the club needs to be given the right attention and that the football side of the club is aware of the commercial side.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 06:45:12 »

It also seems to suggest to me that black wants us to be a bit more self sufficient which is not a bad thing. This I'm sure will cause friction as pdc is interested in back to back promotions as this looks great on his cv. I'm sure self sustaining and a rapid fly up the leagues don't go hand in hand.

What is needed is rising gate figures, we hav the capacity and a good population to attract new supporters from.
Flashheart

« Reply #337 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 07:13:56 »

It was always about the money, the new guy is just hear to bring in more investment. Nothing really changes.

I'm surprised that so few saw that. After all, the board has been saying they are looking for more investment since they arrived.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 07:57:51 »

Hodgetts alluded to the fact that Andrew Black has approximately 98% of the shares in the holding company!!  However much we hate losing JW I suppose at the end of the day the money talked.  Incidentally JW is godfather to one of AB's children, so there is obviously a close thing between those two as well.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 08:06:20 »

Looks like the last paragraph of that interview with Patey sums up the reasoning behind this in a nutshell

Jeremy focused 100 per cent on the football aspects of the club. The owners feel that the commercial side of the club needs to be given the right attention and that the football side of the club is aware of the commercial side.

I think you have it spot on there.

The final two paragraphs from the latest article in The Washbag ('A Black day for Jeremy Wray as STFC Chairman is Dismissed') point to the same conclusion.

'With Sir William immediately confirming his task will be “to secure new investment to support the programme of ground redevelopment and to co-ordinate the execution of the Club’s longer term strategic plans” he’s clearly focusing on the long term sustainability option, not necessarily coming out in support of securing funding now to allow Di Canio to rebuild his squad.

Crucially SWP adds a caveat. “I look forward to working with those who share the same ambitions for the Club both on and off the field and relish the opportunity to take on this challenge.” With Di Canio already stating Wray’s departure has “changed the dynamics” at the club, the key question moving forward is whether the current manager shares SWP’s ambitions?'
fatbasher

« Reply #340 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 08:10:22 »

Interestingly on the commercial side. I always look at the advertising around the grounds of other clubs when watching goals express or the FL highlights. We seem to be rather light weight compared to some clubs. Now that's not the only  aspect of the commercial side to the club but maybe that tells you something?
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 08:11:14 »

I wonder who will be the spokesperson going forward?

Will we be hearing more from Nick Watkins if Patey doesn't want to get overly distracted by on field matters.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 08:13:21 »

Interestingly on the commercial side. I always look at the advertising around the grounds of other clubs when watching goals express or the FL highlights. We seem to be rather light weight compared to some clubs. Now that's not the only  aspect of the commercial side to the club but maybe that tells you something?

But surely that would be part of Watkins role.

Perhaps this is as much about how the board are managing the Chief Executive.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 08:37:37 »

Sitting down and watching this current situation unfold.

Today, I would suggest that PDC would be feeling like a real "dick". With his egotistical behaviour and especially his stupid after match childish antics he has helped in getting J Wray the sack.

Wray was unable to manage DiCanio and therefore he was removed from the top seat.

Reports state that Wray was offered a position to continue at the club and he didn't want too...!!

I really hope PDC can see what he has done to a "mate" and will pull his head in and do what he is exceptionally good at...that is understand football on the field and let the commercial side of the business be run by managers with business skills.

Only time will tell if PDC can keep to his three year plan and not keep running to the Board for more every time there is a challenge on the field..  

I do hope he can and will.

Come on Swindon.... Smiley
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Tuesday, October 16, 2012, 08:39:34 »

But surely that would be part of Watkins role.

Perhaps this is as much about how the board are managing the Chief Executive.
Yes, ultimately it is, but there is also a commercial manager with other people on that side.  A few years ago we could not give advertising away with the way the club was being run, I guess everything takes time to get the confidence back - and now is not the right time financially for a lot of companies to be seen splashing the cash!
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: