Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61116 times)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:17:16 »

To cheer everyone up a bit, i'm sure you will be pleased to hear that Port Vale are beating the scum.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:29:34 »

I really don't get the stick Paolo gets, he's been a breath of fresh air at the CG and exactly what this club needed and still needs to progress. Yes his Italian temperament is a little over the top at times but who cares, I'm enjoying the experience.

The fear I have, if he does go, (when he goes - whenever that maybe) is what will the calibre of his replacement be? Back to the shit standard of manager we got used to for 10 plus years? God I hope not, as that'd be a footballing disaster.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:31:10 »

I really don't get the stick Paolo gets, he's been a breath of fresh air at the CG and exactly what this club needed and still needs to progress. Yes his Italian temperament is a little over the top at times but who cares, I'm enjoying the experience.

The fear I have, if he does go, (when he goes - whenever that maybe) is what will the calibre of his replacement be? Back to the shit standard of manager we got used to for 10 plus years? God I hope not, as that'd be a footballing disaster.

100% this, exactly how I feel.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:36:24 »

I'll be honest, his continual reference to needing more players, and his treatment of players at times (Caddis, subs after 20 mins) has annoyed me

BUT (as you say)

if we carried on running things as they have always have been run we will achieve what we have always achieved. Nothing. The pros have so far outright the cons by so much its not really worth a debate. PDC must stay at this club.

Its going to get ugly if he doesn't, fans tend not to think of the consequences of moaning at boards that they see responsible for removing popular and successful managers.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:38:17 »

To cheer everyone up a bit, i'm sure you will be pleased to hear that Port Vale are beating the scum.

Cheesy Cheesy

Everone in life gets stick.........it is what makes a person tick usually.

It sorts outs a persons calibre..........Sir Alex Ferguson is a case in point i would say.

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #275 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:38:25 »

So basically we're moving to a new ground where we can increase match day and non match day revenues and will need new investment parttners to deliver it. Thats the new priority rather than promotion.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:39:15 »

So basically we're moving to a new ground where we can increase match day and non match day revenues and will need new investment parttners to deliver it. Thats the new priority rather than promotion.

Not quite sure how you concluded that?
Dozno9

« Reply #277 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:40:50 »

He's been great for this club without a doubt...but.

He was only ever (not that he's gone yet) going to be short term in this club. The way he burns contracts and money is ridiculous given the size we are and like his predecessors he has to buy well and rely on all players when we get injuries and not bleat to the board when he feels he's short of players.

Very few managers would get away with spending c.£500k on 2 players and having them on the bench, especially if it's at a club the size of ours.

I'm a fan of his but he's been quite expensive in reality.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:52:49 »

If anyone thinks Di Canio wrote that statement they need to re-read it. That's his agent positioning him for the negotiation with the new chairman/walking out to a "better" job, assuming he could find another club willing to put up with his "antics". It leaves him nicely positioned to either hold a gun to the board's head to stay or walk if he wants to and be able to claim he's not backtracked on his famous loyalty. Have to say though I laughed out loud (EDIT: Bugger, forgot about the word substitution, that read all kinds of wrong) at this bit:

I will always act in a professional way
Brilliant
« Last Edit: Monday, October 15, 2012, 20:15:49 by pauld » Logged
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:56:36 »

They've been going on about getting new investment in the club which doesn't seem to have materialised. I reckon this is possibly the main reason Wray has been replaced, they wanted someone who had better contacts and was more likely to bring some major investment in. Been clear for a while the current owners feel they have put enough money in and it is someone else's turn.
could be right but why not just get Patey on board ( literally ) and keep Wray as Chairman and things ticking along nicely. Patey may well have decent contacts but the three year plan is on track without all this upheaval which could still get a lot worse.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:57:36 »

You'll get your wish one day Paul. It might be soon it might not. Keep sharpening that knife though.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:58:07 »

I bet you did.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:58:30 »

Interesting that ground redevelopment is rising up the agenda now.  Every year that nothing happens on this front is another year that we fall further behind.  The redevelopment is now not just overdue - it's 20+ years overdue.  Most of our competitors/rivals have, on the whole, received a significant boost at some point in the last few decades from a ground move or redevelopment, but we still have that to come.

We're starting to stand out as one of an increasingly small number of clubs that is still living with the same facilities it had a generation ago...albeit with a lick of paint here and there.  The stand I sat (stood) in on Saturday is completely recognisable as the same stand the groundsman was shooting pigeons from in 'Six Days to Saturday' nearly 50 years ago.  Sentimentally nice, but also not right.  A redeveloped ground, done properly, will give this club its biggest lift in years.  Sooner or later, we're going to have to stop talking about doing something, and actually do it.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #283 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:58:42 »

Not quite sure how you concluded that?
Same methods as anyone else - put 2 and 2 together and make 5. My thoughts are that we're putting the breaks on things - get the ground development sorted and then go for it a la Gay Boys. That way if we were promoted we could sustain it. If we went up this season it is doubtful we could sustain it. I think they've also sent a clear message to PdC that he is welcome to fuck off. That would clear the embargo. If they've got a new Chariman lined up whats to say tjhey haven't got a new manager lined up.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 20:05:25 »

Same methods as anyone else - put 2 and 2 together and make 5.

OK, thought I'd missed some news.

My thoughts are that we're putting the breaks on things - get the ground development sorted and then go for it a la Gay Boys.

That may be, and who knows - maybe its the realistic way. I find it all very odd that Wray talked about needing to make the jump to Championship before the door was locked, then seemed to back that up with spending, then all of a sudden he's gone.

Thought this was most telling:

Quote from: Jezza
If you think of some of the characters involved with this club in the past, who have shouted their names from the rooftops and said ‘it’s all down to me’ and there he is quietly in the background supporting the plans massively, then he deserves the respect to be allowed to make the decisions he wants to make.

In my opinion he goes one way and I wanted to go another way but I can only respect the decision he wants.

slightly ambiguous, but I read that as a change of plan. He could of course mean something different.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: