Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61305 times)
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:21:38 »

Such a shame that this is all happening during such a successful time on the pitch. I hope Paolo stays, I really do.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:25:35 »

Can we dust off the orange hats?

I threw mine away yesterday.  True story!
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:25:53 »

Firstly, I'm as gutted as the rest of you to see Wray go, but, having spent the last hour reading the adver blog, checking out Patey's background & watching his interview, I'm convinced that this is part of a major investment (fingers firmly crossed).

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:27:23 »

Firstly, I'm as gutted as the rest of you to see Wray go, but, having spent the last hour reading the adver blog, checking out Patey's background & watching his interview, I'm convinced that this is part of a major investment (fingers firmly crossed).

Haven't we already had that though?
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:31:34 »

I may be clutching at straws a bit, but the way he talks about the stadium & clubs future I'm thinking (hoping) that there may be something big on the horizon.

If I'm right, hopefully Paolo will stay
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:34:22 »

I'm convinced that this is part of a major investment (fingers firmly crossed)

I'm not, Chairman don't get the shove and directors don't consider their options if its (changed for reasons of) good news. Can't see past Wray somehow having pissed Black off.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:34:49 »

Paolo never does, it could go either way for sure but I didn't read that statement as black and white one way or the other. Maybe it's gone over my head.

PDC said he'll be meeting up with the new guy, for all we know he could go in and be told he can get the investment to lift the embargo and he can carry on as he was, at which point I'm sure Paolo will forgive and forget.

Totally agree, if Patey brings in new investment from somewhere I'm sure Paolo will be as happy as larry, especially if he can get in another ten strikers on the back of it. (and pay off seven etc)
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:37:08 »

Got to say by the amount of people i have spoken to today the PDC support is waining a tad.

For me personally i would love him to stay,best we have had for many a year but cannot help feeling slightly miffed at his antics especially the rant regarding the embargo.

Seeing as the club have stuck by him when incidents such as Clarke and more notably(in my opinion) the Tehoue affair along with the Foderingham incident(which was ridiculous to say the least) then having a pop at all around regarding this stupid embargo is off the mark in my view.
He has a squad to die for in this division along with great support..........sometimes i feel the club have kept stam when he has made mistakes.....maybe him doing the same on this issue would have been beneficial to all including himself because make no mistake PDC wont just walk into any job......most clubs wont touch him with a bargepole regardless of his onfield brilliance playing and to date managing.

Thats not to say most FANS around the country would have him like a shot,alas it is not the fans who run clubs.

It all makes for a great spectacle though.
Flashheart

« Reply #263 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:42:16 »

The board have said since day one they are on the lookout for more investment.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:44:28 »

Group editor of the Adver just tweeted this, is it normal for it to be a part time position? Not clued up in the world of chairmanship  Cheesy

Gary Lawrence ‏@gazzaloz
It's rumoured new #stfc chairman Sir William Patey, who will be paid in the role (Wray gave time for free), will work three days a month.
Expand   Reply  Retweet  Favorite
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:46:31 »

And not lets forget the keeping of Ritchie.....that shows a board who means business.

Most clubs would have snapped up the silly money(pushing a million) Bournemouth was offering.......then the embargo wouldn't have been an issue surely.

These things are not lost on me,i have seen to many past boards give our players away.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 18:51:07 »

And not lets forget the keeping of Ritchie.....that shows a board who means business.

That was then this is now. Nothing may change, everything may change. No way of knowing.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:04:53 »

Just listened to the interview on the stfc player.

Sir Patey sounds very sensible to me and i'm not worried at all. He made some sound points.

1. The Chairman does not run the club on a day to day basis. The CEO (Watkins) and Manager do. To some extent today i think we perhaps have said Wray does more than maybe he does. Watkins deserves a lot of credit.

2. Resolving Embargo is priority though it may take weeks (will not please PDC) Seems as others have said the only way to resolve this is to send someone back or hope we get through the Villa game.

3. Ground redevelopment/New ground construction. Now last year Wray said he'd hoped we'd start construction on a new town end at the end of this season. Reading between the lines it seems thats not going to be the case. I think this is the number one reason for the change in leadership.

This club is a top 6 league one club, thats where we deserve to be and thats where we are. The only way this changes is with greater income either from match day or non match day revenues. Redevelopment is the number one thing this club needs to deliver. Its talked about it for years and on the face of it not gotten very far. I also dont think redevelopment has the uplift affect a new ground does. If this chairman delivers a new ground with new revenue streams then i for one will be very happy even if we don't go up this year. Long term how do you expect to compete in the championship at the moment?

I get the impression Black doesn't want to run this club by endlessly throwing money in without the club moving forward. Sure league positions we are but that has had little impact on revenue. The only way this club improves is with better infrastructure and i think Black is aware of that.

As to PDC's future. I'm not overly worried. His approach is with the biggest budget he can deliver success. I'd suggest most managers would say the same. He is currently talking about not having a goalscorer, well he was the one who brought all the forwards at the club in, perhaps his judgement isn't that great? And there is something wrong with the involvement of his agent. We paid over 500k in agents fees last year, more than the bottom two leagues! If he walked i wouldn't be worried, other good managers would want a crack at this club with the squad and funds available.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:07:08 »

Totally agree, if Patey brings in new investment from somewhere I'm sure Paolo will be as happy as larry, especially if he can get in another ten strikers on the back of it. (and pay off seven etc)

They've been going on about getting new investment in the club which doesn't seem to have materialised. I reckon this is possibly the main reason Wray has been replaced, they wanted someone who had better contacts and was more likely to bring some major investment in. Been clear for a while the current owners feel they have put enough money in and it is someone else's turn.
mozalini

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 19:16:42 »

Just listened to the interview on the stfc player.

Sir Patey sounds very sensible to me and i'm not worried at all. He made some sound points.

1. The Chairman does not run the club on a day to day basis. The CEO (Watkins) and Manager do. To some extent today i think we perhaps have said Wray does more than maybe he does. Watkins deserves a lot of credit.

2. Resolving Embargo is priority though it may take weeks (will not please PDC) Seems as others have said the only way to resolve this is to send someone back or hope we get through the Villa game.

3. Ground redevelopment/New ground construction. Now last year Wray said he'd hoped we'd start construction on a new town end at the end of this season. Reading between the lines it seems thats not going to be the case. I think this is the number one reason for the change in leadership.

This club is a top 6 league one club, thats where we deserve to be and thats where we are. The only way this changes is with greater income either from match day or non match day revenues. Redevelopment is the number one thing this club needs to deliver. Its talked about it for years and on the face of it not gotten very far. I also dont think redevelopment has the uplift affect a new ground does. If this chairman delivers a new ground with new revenue streams then i for one will be very happy even if we don't go up this year. Long term how do you expect to compete in the championship at the moment?

I get the impression Black doesn't want to run this club by endlessly throwing money in without the club moving forward. Sure league positions we are but that has had little impact on revenue. The only way this club improves is with better infrastructure and i think Black is aware of that.

As to PDC's future. I'm not overly worried. His approach is with the biggest budget he can deliver success. I'd suggest most managers would say the same. He is currently talking about not having a goalscorer, well he was the one who brought all the forwards at the club in, perhaps his judgement isn't that great? And there is something wrong with the involvement of his agent. We paid over 500k in agents fees last year, more than the bottom two leagues! If he walked i wouldn't be worried, other good managers would want a crack at this club with the squad and funds available.

I agree with this completely.  Patey brings a new set of skills to the job and he does not appear to be a man to be pushed around.  Time will tell, but just because we loved Jeremy Wray's contribution it does not mean that Patey will be any less effective.  We just don't know yet.

Regarding Paolo, every time he rants, moans and winges it makes it a little bit easier to accept that his eventual departure won't be the end of the world.  The club will still exist long after he departs, but you couldn't necessarily say the same if Bertie Black withdrew his investment.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: