Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61346 times)
kerry red

« Reply #225 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:42:51 »

Paving the way to the exit??
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:44:31 »

Paving the way to the exit??

I hate to say it, but it certainly read like that!
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:46:33 »

Just listened to the Sir William Patey interview on STFC Player (I know I started a separate thread slagging STFC player off!).

At the moment, you can only take him on the first impression, pointless comparing him to Wray because they're clearly different people. He comes across like you'd expect a diplomat too. Quite dry, touch on the dour side like all good Scots!

He makes some good points in the Interview such as a Chairman's job is to deliver a stratagy - sadly, in heaping (deserved) praise on Wray, many many people have overlooked the good work that Nick Watkins and everyone else involved puts in at STFC.

Hopefully, now that we're hearing from Patey and Wray about the change, the over-reaction can cease and people can realise that only one man has changed, albeit, a very influential likable one.

Like every proper football fan though, I'm still nervous about Di Canio's reaction and potential whereabouts this week! haha

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:46:42 »

Even more worrying is that Backhouse might follow Wray out of the door. Sounds like big rumblings in the board room.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:46:51 »

The beginning of the end. Of the Paolo revolution?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:46:59 »

Russell Backhouse possibly going too. WTF is going on.

Sounds like PDC is at least being sensible and wanting to talk to the club before deciding to bale or not.

My OPINION: clusterfuck.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:47:09 »

PDC doesn't sound happy.

I do not understand why the owners would want to break up a team who is delivering success.

have loyalty to Swindon and its fans, I also have loyalty to Jeremy and Russell and these events have certainly changed the dynamics.

But I am interested to learn the reasons behind this decision and what this means for me and the future of Swindon Town Football Club

Up until now I have felt that Swindon was the place where I could achieve success.

I await for my agent Phil Spencer to meet with the new chairman and look forward to receiving the re-assurances they wish to continue to support me this season, to now bring us out of embargo and move forward with our aim of getting promotion this year.
Flashheart

« Reply #232 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:47:14 »

"Having read the Club statement, which sounds very positive, I await for my agent Phil Spencer to meet with the new chairman and look forward to receiving the re-assurances they wish to continue to support me this season, to now bring us out of embargo and move forward with our aim of getting promotion this year.

Yeah.

Really sounds as though he's off.  Roll Eyes
kerry red

« Reply #233 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:49:09 »

The usual stuff.

Money men ignoring how success on the pitch has been achieved in favour of boardroom shenanigans
red sheldon

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:49:17 »

I find i quite ironic that lots of us have been getting concerned about Paolos washing his dirty linen in public, wishing that all of these conversations would be taking place behind closed doors, then we get this from the club, its almost as if things have been going too well for the club, we're in the playoffs position, plum league cup tie, excellent gates, promising (but barking mad) manager, all the things the board would want,

Then there's the shit about the embargo,and then they sack the Chair, do it in a messy way without getting some kind of non disclosure agreement to allow him to say that the owner wanted him gone....   Why could this not have waited, I accept PDC didn't help with the embargo, but it appears as though the new Chair is saying similar things, why not wait until the close season, bill it as a fresh start or whatever its blown over in 15 minutes it all adds to the uncertainty at present though while we're preparing for games....

Its just piss poor management by the board

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:49:49 »

Yeah.

Really sounds as though he's off.  Roll Eyes

Glad I'm not the only one who read that.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:50:43 »

Sounds like PDC is basically saying "What The Fuck" too.

Stupid football.
DRS

« Reply #237 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:51:38 »

I am sure the board will be delighted that Paolo has decided to announce the blackhouse news before the club do.

I may be totally wroung here but this just seems like amassive fucking chess game now where one side is trying to force the others hand
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:51:53 »

If this leads the PDC leaving, I for one will not be happy.

I know they must have their reasons for removing Wray, but would it not have paid to wait until the end of the season and see where we are then? We are doing quite well at the moment, and this has the potential to derail our season.

The more I think about it the more this decision, and the timing of it, baffles me.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 17:53:07 »

Is it time yet, Ardiles?

[url width=347 height=346]http://www.macrobusiness.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/panic-button.jpeg[/url]
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: