Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61349 times)
kerry red

« Reply #180 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 12:39:04 »

So how will the relationship be between a career diplomat and the world's most undiplomatic manager?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 12:42:04 »

Lets be honest, the alarm bells should have rung when Paolo gave the squad a day or two off!
Ticker45

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 13:12:53 »

Only came into the news late and here we go again, the old Swindon Town roller coaster off and running at full tilt. I thought we had some sort of stability behind the scenes (if not on the managerial side) and Jeremy Wray was doing a great job juggling the various situations and am disappointed he feels it necessary to resign. Time will only tell which way we go as everything else is assumptions at present.

Got to agree with other comments, none too happy with what has happened, but as usual the Town will still be playing football and I will still be supporting no matter what.

Sad

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is unknown but today could be a whole lot better.
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 13:37:14 »

The Directors of STFC are delighted to announce the appointment of Sir William Patey as non-executive Chairman*.

'Sir William is a lifelong football fan and, having served as British Ambassador to, amongst others, Afghanistan, Iraq and Saudi Arabia brings a wealth of experience to the Swindon board.

'Sir William commented: 'I am delighted to become Chairman of Swindon Town at such an exciting time. I look forward to working with Paolo, the Board and the whole Club so that success on the pitch can continue and take the Club back to the npower Championship.

"'In addition, my task will be to secure new investment to support the programme of ground redevelopment and to co-ordinate the execution of the Club`s longer term strategic plans.

''I look forward to working with those who share the same ambitions for the Club both on and off the field and relish the opportunity to take on this challenge.

''The Club has achieved much under the Chairmanship of Jeremy Wray and on behalf of the Board and investor base would like to thank him for his efforts over the course of the last 18 months."

Jeremy Wray, after careful consideration, has taken the decision to resign from the STFC Board with immediate effect.

Regretting this decision, the Board would like to place on record its thanks for Jeremy`s invaluable contribution to the club since his initial involvement in January 2008 and justly proud of his achievements since assuming the role of Chairman in May 2011.

*Appointment subject to Football League Approval
DRS

« Reply #184 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 13:43:30 »

I think we need to remember something here,wray is liked because he has backed pdc to the hilt and had to constantly defend him.If i was dicanio i would feel a bit guilty right now.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 13:46:41 »

I think we need to remember something here,wray is liked because he has backed pdc to the hilt and had to constantly defend him.If i was dicanio i would feel a bit guilty right now.

Hence his platitudes during Saturday's interview I would assume DRS. As he sets a big value on loyalty, he could walk at any moment. (hope not)  Not quite sure what the gesturing to the executive area was all about in the first half either, unless it was 'see, I need better strikers'

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 13:47:32 »

This doesn't sit right with me! Something doesn't seem right and its not cheese! Think there's more to this that meets the eye.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 13:54:17 »

PDC asked for stuff, Wray got it, I assumed this was all part of the plan. Its hard to know what else to say without knowing whether this backing was within or outside of Wray's remit.

Or whether things have changed mid plan - though if it was that simple the actions seem a little strong.
LittleRed

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 14:00:54 »

oh fiddle Sticks!!! This is most definitely not good, those that are thinking it is are the sames ones that said dont worry about the caddis situation it could be that he is just not yet fit enough. Wray makes specific reference to the plan that was agreed not long after PDC making refernce to the plan maybe changing, and if his departure had nothing to do with it why make reference to it in his statement. Also This guys role is to seek new investors as we obvously then need it as the current sources have dried up or Black wants to share the risk. Also being appointed to find it and actaully finding it are completely two different things. If new investment, exciting investment, was imenantly forth comming the future would have been very bright so why not stay along for the ride in the knowledge that your desicsion to step down and take another role played a very important part. Its more like you said you would back me and my plans which supported PDC and now your not i am not going to be the one to go back on my word and agreed obligation therefore here is my resignation. Thanks but no thanks for the other role. Also the other part of the clubs statement it that he is also responsible for the developement of the CG which also suggests to me that it is much more of a case of us being me more self sustainable too, again a hint of less investment from black. I wondered if the huddle out on the pitch after the coventry game was linked to it, maybe PDC wanted to say something to the players away from the CG staff and certainly the two days off for the players was suprising. Im of the opinion that PDC is very loyal providing the other party are also so i cant imagine he would be here much longer. We know he was going to go eventually but it might just happen sooner than i imagined unless a miracle occurs.
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 14:01:47 »

Could be a number of things I guess! Maybe Andrew Black wasn't impressed that Wray got us a Transfer Embargo? Or maybe he went to Black asking him for more money for PDC? Maybe they want rid of PDC but Wray didn't go along with it?

Could be a number of things, can only speculate.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 14:07:55 »

oh fiddle Sticks!!! This is most definitely not good, those that are thinking it is are the sames ones that said dont worry about the caddis situation it could be that he is just not yet fit enough. Wray makes specific reference to the plan that was agreed not long after PDC making refernce to the plan maybe changing, and if his departure had nothing to do with it why make reference to it in his statement. Also This guys role is to seek new investors as we obvously then need it as the current sources have dried up or Black wants to share the risk. Also being appointed to find it and actaully finding it are completely two different things. If new investment, exciting investment, was imenantly forth comming the future would have been very bright so why not stay along for the ride in the knowledge that your desicsion to step down and take another role played a very important part. Its more like you said you would back me and my plans which supported PDC and now your not i am not going to be the one to go back on my word and agreed obligation therefore here is my resignation. Thanks but no thanks for the other role. Also the other part of the clubs statement it that he is also responsible for the developement of the CG which also suggests to me that it is much more of a case of us being me more self sustainable too, again a hint of less investment from black. I wondered if the huddle out on the pitch after the coventry game was linked to it, maybe PDC wanted to say something to the players away from the CG staff and certainly the two days off for the players was suprising. Im of the opinion that PDC is very loyal providing the other party are also so i cant imagine he would be here much longer. We know he was going to go eventually but it might just happen sooner than i imagined unless a miracle occurs.

And breathe...
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 14:13:15 »

Mark O'Donnell's posted a link to Patey's Debrett's profile:

http://www.debretts.com/people/biographies/browse/p/22822/William%20Charters+PATEY.aspx

Seems very distinguished, no mention whatever of football in there. Career highlights include Sudan, Iraq and Afghanistan - obviously a troublemaker Smiley

Is he Kate Adey in disguise  Hmmm
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 15:08:15 »

Sir William Patey will be giving exclusive interviews to STFC player, wilts radio and advertiser later today.
Edit: on radio in two minutes apparently .
Edit: now been told Its Wray on radio  Doh
« Last Edit: Monday, October 15, 2012, 15:11:27 by Notts red » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 15:21:02 »

Please update with what was said. I doubt Wray will put the boot in so I guess not much...
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 15:42:23 »

"Sir William is a lifelong football fan".  of???

Old Etonians perchance?

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: