Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61123 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #105 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:28:00 »

STFC are being a bit tardy on releasing a statement aren't they? Caught on the hop or waiting for something?

Definitely busy negotiating a settlement package with PDC, there can be no other reason.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:28:11 »

If there's a reason for this regarding further investment or development it may turn out to be a good decision. If however it's all about boardroom power plays and ousting Wray because of his inability to curb PdC's public demands, then we could end up with a return to the bad old days.

It's All Good..............
Flashheart

« Reply #107 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:42:59 »

A statement would be appreciated.

The new boy's slacking already. Patey out.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:43:23 »

Positive reasons for change:

1. The guy is clearly well-connected in the middle-east, which is full of rich sheikhs stuck in empty deserts desperate to find anything to do with their spare oil cash. If he's been brought in to levy significant new investment (but not a takeover) then this could potentially be good news.

Negative reasons for change:

2. WORST CASE SCENARIO: He's been brought in to negotiate a sale to a middle-east investor and our current board want out. Turmoil ensues.

3. He's been brought in to tighten the financial ship and reign in our spending. To be fair, could also be seen as a positive except for the inevitable short term consequence: PDC will leave and we'll become just another middle league 1 team (though a financially stable one at least), and the great ride we've all been on will be over.

I think it could potentially be a combination of 1 and 3. He seems to have come so out of left field in every other way i can't believe his connections to the middle east aren't in some way relevant. Can't see PDC lasting much longer without Jeremy Wray in any scenario, whose patience was astonishing (i think most of us would have lost it with him after foderinghamgate. Some of us at caddisgate). Even years of diplomacy in the middle-east can't have prepared this guy for dealing with PDC (if Paolo was in charge of an isreal or iran the world would have been blown long ago diplomats or no diplomats). At least the guy seems to have a bit of a sense of humour in that telegraph clip, since he looked like a prohibition era enforcer in his photos on the advertiser who was going to march into club folklore as another pantomime villain in our long illustrious history of shady ne'er do wells.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 15, 2012, 09:52:11 by BruceChatwin » Logged
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:08:14 »

That was doing the rounds last week. Out of date wind-ups, how crap is that? (Not you jan, whoever txted you)

Fair enough, I didn't think it'd be anything new but just wanted to check.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:21:36 »

Fair enough, I didn't think it'd be anything new but just wanted to check.
It may turn out to be true of course .... but I doubt it. Although I'd imagine if Bolton asked permission to speak to him the response would be "You're welcome to try. Set aside a couple of days and don't count on understanding much of it"
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:25:52 »

1. The guy is clearly well-connected in the middle-east, which is full of rich sheikhs stuck in empty deserts desperate to find anything to do with their spare oil cash.
That's what Pompey fans thought. When it comes to foreign investors in English football, be very very careful what you wish for.
Flashheart

« Reply #112 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:27:20 »

That's what Pompey fans thought. When it comes to foreign investors in English football, be very very careful what you wish for.

Racist  Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:28:11 »

Racist  Cheesy
I (Roman) salute you Smiley
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:29:20 »

Statement Monday - the link on the Swindon homepage links to ... the Swindon homepage. Classy.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:30:46 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/newchairmanofswindontownfc-426486.aspx
Panda Paws

Arse

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:31:10 »

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/news/article/newchairmanofswindontownfc-426486.aspx

Some more.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:31:18 »

STATEMENT FROM JEREMY WRAY:

At the specific request of the club's majority shareholder, Andrew Black, I have been replaced as Chairman of STFC by Sir William Patey at a meeting of the Board on Friday 12th October.

Having met Sir William, I am confident he will bring great value to the Board of STFC, but, after much reflection, I have concluded that it would be inappropriate to accept the offer to remain on the Board and as such intend to terminate my engagement with the Club.

When I agreed to take over as Chairman it was on the understanding that the Board would confirm the appointment of Paolo Di Canio as manager and would commit to a three-year plan to support him, his management staff and players in the attempt to achieve promotion back to the Championship. I am proud to have overseen significant progress towards this goal and privileged to have stewarded the Club through one of the most exciting periods in its history. Given my commitment over the last 18 months, I am obviously sorry not to see the project through to completion, but am confident that the Club is in excellent shape to achieve back-to-back promotions.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my association with STFC and wish the club and its magnificent fans every success in the future.”

Jeremy Wray

Very, very definitely pushed
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:31:47 »

THE Directors of STFC are delighted to announce the appointment of Sir William Patey as non-executive Chairman*.

Sir William is a lifelong football fan and, having served as British Ambassador to, amongst others, Afghanistan, Iraq and Saudi Arabia brings a wealth of experience to the Swindon board.

Sir William commented: “I am delighted to become Chairman of Swindon Town at such an exciting time. I look forward to working with Paolo, the Board and the whole Club so that success on the pitch can continue and take the Club back to the npower Championship.

“In addition, my task will be to secure new investment to support the programme of ground redevelopment and to co-ordinate the execution of the Club’s longer term strategic plans. I look forward to working with those who share the same ambitions for the Club both on and off the field and relish the opportunity to take on this challenge. The Club has achieved much under the Chairmanship of Jeremy Wray and on behalf of the Board and investor base would like to thank him for his efforts over the course of the last 18 months.”

Jeremy Wray, after careful consideration, has taken the decision to resign from the STFC Board with immediate effect.  Regretting this decision, the Board would like to place on record its thanks for Jeremy’s invaluable contribution to the club since his initial involvement in January 2008 and justly proud of his achievements since assuming the role of Chairman in May 2011.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 10:32:44 »

Mark O'Donnell's posted a link to Patey's Debrett's profile:

http://www.debretts.com/people/biographies/browse/p/22822/William%20Charters+PATEY.aspx

Seems very distinguished, no mention whatever of football in there. Career highlights include Sudan, Iraq and Afghanistan - obviously a troublemaker Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: