Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61367 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:31:43 »

Trying to find a positive reason for this, so my next bit of speculation is that perhaps Patey is seen as the best man for negotiating with the Council over ground redevlopment.

Otherwise, I struggle to see why it wouldn't have passed on to another existing director in the way it went from Fitton to Wray.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:32:52 »

In the car on the way home Saturday listening to the radio someone called Charlie sent in a txt saying " time for Wray to move on" was the most pathetic thing I've heard but Charlie either gets his wish or he knew something we didn't ! If Paolo is off we will still be here long after the dust settles as always.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:34:27 »

Got to say I was gutted when I turned the radio on at 6-30 to hear the news.  He was - in my opinion - pushed, Chris Wise more or less alluded to it when saying he didn't actually know whether he was pushed or resigned, "but he knew how much JW enjoyed doing the job of chairman!"  Obviously explains what PDC alluded to in his post-match interview, sad days but I think at the back of a lot of our minds was a feeling "how much longer can these good times go on for"?  And if someone posts that Hart is being lined up as caretaker manager, if PDC goes, then may their past catch up with them very quickly.  Be prepared Tans!!!
Flashheart

« Reply #78 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:35:03 »

Trying to find a positive reason for this, so my next bit of speculation is that perhaps Patey is seen as the best man for negotiating with the Council over ground redevlopment.

Patey is former ambassador to Dubai and must know a shit load of minted Sheikhs, yet that's the best you can come up with?  Wink

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:40:06 »

Fuck knows what's going on but wray has been just what we've needed with di canio as manager. Calm and collected when the boss goes off on one
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:40:36 »

Patey is former ambassador to Dubai and must know a shit load of minted Sheikhs, yet that's the best you can come up with?  Wink

More Sheikhs than than he can shake a stick at?
STFCFORLIFE

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:42:43 »

Am I the only one who thinks this is the end for PDC?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:43:01 »

Don't think this has anything to do with new investment, I just think the board wanted a new chairman to over see the day to day running of the club.

Whether it's the right thing to do, time will tell.
kerry red

« Reply #83 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:43:08 »

The wording from the Adver report says 'Wray was removed' from his position as chairman.

The natural reaction is:

Wray supports PdC to the hilt

The Board either cant or wont keep up the financial support on the pitch

Wray tries to fight his and PdC's corner

Board gets its way and PdC will resign in support of Wray.

He also said on Saturday he needed to know if the plan for the club had changed - well it looks like it has

Bye-bye PdC

If the new Chairman beckons in some new financial input into the club all the above is bollocks
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:43:34 »

Got to say I was gutted when I turned the radio on at 6-30 to hear the news.  He was - in my opinion - pushed, Chris Wise more or less alluded to it when saying he didn't actually know whether he was pushed or resigned, "but he knew how much JW enjoyed doing the job of chairman!"  

Have to say that I think Chris Wise is a bit of a cock - he likes to dangle the red flag in front of PDC
wiggy

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:43:55 »

Patey has had a house locally for years I think - I am sure I ran across him a number of times while working at the old Kennet Council. So I am assuming he is well connected locally. You have to remember that a shit load of really rich people live round here. One of the directors of Ove Arup is in Mildenhall, and I would guess that Fitton and co mix with all of them socially and through business. They could be simply expanding their network of local rich chaps.

fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:48:31 »

I think so to but he wont leave before the Villa game. 

On the upside the club will be in a more inviting position to attract a better quality of managerial candidate.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:49:00 »

The thought has crossed my mind, but it's hard to say without knowing reasons for Wray's departure.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:50:43 »

Come off it. We have no idea what is happening so some of these conclusions being reached on here are daft.
wiggy

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:53:20 »

Come off it. We have no idea what is happening so some of these conclusions being reached on here are daft.

:-) Idle speculation is fun though.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: