Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61318 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:39:46 »

I've never seen him and PDC in the same room...
That's a good shout. Maybe Wray is actually just PDC in one of those joke shop baldy head wigs.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:40:50 »

Also, large Thank You Jeremy banner required at the next home game. Can't overestimate how impressive his short chairmanship has been.
I'd rather go negative. Can we start chants of "Who the fuck is William Patey?" Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:43:41 »

Well that was an interesting first 5 minutes at my desk.  Happy Monday, everyone!

Jeremy Wray - thank you, Sir.  You are very well thought of, and will be very well remembered.

No point in making any further comment until the details emerge.  This could be very bad, or it could be very good.  Little point in speculating.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:44:26 »

This could be replaced by the existing backers, angered by overspending and failure to anticipate the tribunal costs. It could be replaced by an entirely new group of backers wanting their own man at the helm.

Something doesn't add up. We know very little about the new chairman, except that he doesn't appear to have a sporting background or any obvious link to the existing board.  

If it was a new investor group, why announce this first, rather than a more positive story of investment?

Today could be interesting. If it's new money, great. If it's not and we are belt tightening, it is a shame and spells the end of pdc, but I’ll take conservative spending over boom and bust any day.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:47:57 »

Something doesn't add up. We know very little about the new chairman, bexcept that he doesn't appear to have a sporting background or any obvious link to the existing board.

His Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Patey

Cut past all the detail about his diplomatic career and the Knighthood, and you get to...

Personal Life

He married Vanessa Morrell in 1978. They have two sons. Patey is an avid cinema goer. He is also a football fan and supports Queens Park Rangers in England together with Hibernian in Scotland.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:51:05 »

His Wikipedia page:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Patey

Cut past all the detail about his diplomatic career and the Knighthood, and you get to...

Personal Life

He married Vanessa Morrell in 1978. They have two sons. Patey is an avid cinema goer. He is also a football fan and supports Queens Park Rangers in England together with Hibernian in Scotland.

Citation Needed.

CITATION NEEDED!!!!!

Things get better but they never get good
Flashheart

« Reply #51 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:51:51 »

I still reckon it's a Middle East link. A tonne of money coming in from Dubai.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:52:23 »

but I’ll take conservative spending over boom and bust any day.

Clearly we'd all rather not have STFC go bust. What is dissapointing, if as hinted on radio Wray has been removed, is its another boardroom/investor disagreement in essence and probably a complete change in drection. Really thought we were on our way to a shot at the Championship this time.

Suppose we'd better wait and see before commenting further.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:58:16 »

He is also a football fan and supports Queens Park Rangers in England together with Hibernian in Scotland.[/i]
Has he got a favourite Premiership team and a team he supports in Europe as well? Sounds like my kids' mates.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:59:20 »

Watkins is a former CEO of QPR right? They may well know eachother if Patey was a regular in Loftus Road hospitality.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:00:11 »

Clearly we'd all rather not have STFC go bust. What is dissapointing, if as hinted on radio Wray has been removed, is its another boardroom/investor disagreement in essence and probably a complete change in drection. Really thought we were on our way to a shot at the Championship this time.

Suppose we'd better wait and see before commenting further.

But if it is just a case of the boardroom saying "we agreed a generous budget so stick to it" it isn't really a change of direction.

As you say, all idle speculation until we get more info later.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
phelpsieboy

« Reply #56 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:01:19 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/9175743/UK-ambassador-makes-appearance-in-Afghan-TV-comedy.html

Well atleast it looks like he has a sense of humour
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:01:42 »

I can't believe that no one has wildly speculated about Bill Power yet.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:03:01 »

This could be the best thing to happen to us in years with further financial backing making the club even stronger.

It could be a absolute disaster. Paolo storms out, the Ritchie & Ferry's of the world slap in transfer requests and our season collapses.

It could be business as usual just with a change of figurehead as the public face of the board

I love wild speculation
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 08:03:43 »

He's no Malcolm Tucker.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: