Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61121 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:27:43 »

Hopefully not Sheikh Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Or any of the Portsmouthian mystery Sheikhs.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:28:23 »

To say that I am left feeling slightly unsettled by this news would be an understatement.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:29:09 »

Don't forget Wray was intially an interim chairman.

In name only. The only reason he wasn't named out-and-out chairman was because he took over pre-agm.

Things get better but they never get good
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:30:07 »

Fucksticks.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:31:42 »

It may be best to wait and hear the official line

Yep
DRS

« Reply #35 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:32:01 »

I dont think we need to worry as much as some want us to.To me it is obvious that the board want someome who isnt going to be on at them constantly saying Paolo said he wants this Paolo said he wants that.They probably want someone who has the bollocks to say no straight away.I thhink Paolo will be off which would be a shame but be nice to be left in a good position for once.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:33:46 »

In name only. The only reason he wasn't named out-and-out chairman was because he took over pre-agm.

Haven't we had an AGM since he took over then. I was under the impression A stood for annual.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:35:33 »

I dont think we need to worry as much as some want us to.To me it is obvious that the board want someome who isnt going to be on at them constantly saying Paolo said he wants this Paolo said he wants that.They probably want someone who has the bollocks to say no straight away.I thhink Paolo will be off which would be a shame but be nice to be left in a good position for once.
Think you've got it there DRS, although I think you're being a bit harsh saying Wray didn't have the bollocks to say no, suspect it was more a case of genuinely wanting to give Di Canio the resources he requested, the rest of the board being a bit more cautious. The "embargo" thing presumably has brought it all to a head - going over the spending cap would be a clear red light for the more cautious on the board and a request to chuck in yet more funds (in whatever form disguised as revenue) would maybe become a red line issue for both sides.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:35:49 »

Don't forget Wray was intially an interim chairman.
But he was made full chairman with Russell Backhouse, Nick Watkins and Andrew Black (partner of Edward Wray in Betfair) as the other directors. Fitton stated in 2008 that he was the major shareholder and that Sir Martyn Arbib and Jeremy Wray were other shareholders. Backhouse was brought in as he is a 'financial guru' but I'm not sure about Watkins investment.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:36:08 »

Haven't we had an AGM since he took over then. I was under the impression A stood for annual.

Yeah, and he got ratified as manager in that.

At least, that's what I thought

Barry Scott

« Reply #40 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:36:44 »

This is kind of my thoughts. I'd be pretty gutted if Paolo left, although as much as I love what he's done, I think know an element of me will breath a sigh of relief.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:37:27 »

But he was made full chairman with Russell Backhouse, Nick Watkins and Andrew Black (partner of Edward Wray in Betfair) as the other directors. Fitton stated in 2008 that he was the major shareholder and that Sir Martyn Arbib and Jeremy Wray were other shareholders. Backhouse was brought in as he is a 'financial guru' but I'm not sure about Watkins investment.
Watkins is, I think, an exec director rather than an investor i.e. he's on the board because he's chief exec and it would be daft to make the kind of decisions they need to make without him.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:37:49 »

Yeah, and he got ratified as manager in that.

At least, that's what I thought
You thought Wray was manager? Wow.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:38:50 »

I'll be gutted if Paolo goes. No decent managers out there at the moment. We will end up with another Wilson.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 07:38:59 »

You thought Wray was manager? Wow.

I've never seen him and PDC in the same room...

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: