Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Chairman  (Read 61354 times)
london_red

Ignore
« on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 05:17:09 »

Wray no longer chairman - being replaced by some ex diplomat called William Patey.

What the actual fuck?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 05:41:53 »

Jeremy Wray has been the best chairman I can remember.

Very difficult to know how to react until we know why (if we are told).

The reasons could be personal and Wrays choice (hope not), or they could be linked to new investment or anything.

As a fan I'm gutted.

Hope Sir William Pate can form a similar relationship with PDC.
Dozno9

« Reply #2 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 05:43:50 »

Can't believe this but as Batch says we just have to wait and see why.

Wray>Paolo
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 05:49:18 »

Wray>Paolo

Indeed.

Morseheads limited tweeting interesting:

@PugHalliday Yep, was well prepared for this. Hence the 4.30am alarm.  (i.e. Morsehead knew something was afoot)

@SamMorshead_SA It is not sure where this leaves manager Paolo Di Canio, who Wray supported throughout his time as chairman of the club

Sam Morshead ‏@SamMorshead_SA Sir William Patey is a former senior diplomat, with posts in Afghanistan, Sudan and Iraq to his name

Takeover or significant investment is my guess. Then again could easily be the other way. This is STFC.
Adver have liveblog, so must be significant .

Never dull.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 15, 2012, 05:53:55 by Batch » Logged
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 05:49:30 »

Crikey it's true.
http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/9984600.Former_diplomat_to_be_new_Town_chairman/

Where did that come from? I knew they were looking for new investors but a new chairman?? At least negotiating with the taliban will be good preparation for dealing with di Canio.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 05:55:57 »

Sir William Patey

http://www.linkedin.com/in/sirwilliampatey

Non Executive Director
HSBC Bank Middle East
July 2012 – Present (4 months) Dubai

WCP Consultants Ltd
May 2012 – Present (6 months)

Government and International Relations Adviser
Control Risks
July 2012 – Present (4 months)

Anyway, from the radio it sounds like radio isn't being over forthcoming with information. Both BBC RS and Moresehead have played the "what does this mean for PDC..." line. Hopefully  just normal jurno 1+1=3 speculation.
« Last Edit: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:03:59 by Batch » Logged
Dozno9

« Reply #6 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:04:37 »

Now the pro Wray comments for Paolo after the Coventry game make more sense along with the loyalty card he played.
Flashheart

« Reply #7 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:04:56 »

Didn't see that coming.

Let's not forget Wray was rushed to hospital a few weeks back.

IIRC, the Chair was being left available for more flexibility in terms of new investment etc.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:05:07 »

Think that this is a massive blow.

But now we can see why PDC has been having a bit of a spaz attack. His comments asking the board whether the plan has changed seem to make sense now.

I hope that Wray is not stepping down, or being forced to step down, due to friction on the board. I hope that behind the scenes the club is united in the same ambition that has been apparent since we found ourselves plunged into the bottom tier of English professional football.

Outside of football, Jeremy Wray suffered a mystery illness at the end of last season. I hope that him stepping down as Chairman isn't due to another period of ill health.

I think that the way that Wray has conducted himself in public has been inspirational. He has been the Yin to PDC's Yang. Together they seem to provide synergy to the club. I don't recall Swindon having previously having such a man in post.

I hope that Sir William Patey will have the same affect as Jeremy Wray. The sceptic in me thinks that this spells the end of the Championship dream and is a sign that the club's ambitions are potentially changing. Maybe its not going to be a case of 'promotion at all cost', but a more circumspect approach? Maybe its not that bad? Maybe Wray's talents are required elsewhere due to the downturn in the economy, so we are bringing in an ex-diplomat in order to help diffuse the problems that a volatile man like PDC creates? Maybe this will be seen as a good move in time? Who knows?

Strap yourselves in lads, we could be in for a bit of a roller coaster ride!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:07:43 »

Hmmm.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:11:37 »

Let's not forget Wray was rushed to hospital a few weeks back.

Actually I did forget. Obviously like everyone I hope its not health related.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:11:45 »

Wow, I was expecting the bog standard type of story, and get this. Pointless speculating though until all of the facts are known.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:17:10 »

It seems to me as though this guy isn't the investor we were looking for, but perhaps an appointment insisted on by a new investor(s). And with his Middle East connections, I'm guessing we now have the backing of a Middle East property development company.

But then, I could be hugely wrong.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:17:30 »

'Won't somebody please think of the children!'

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, October 15, 2012, 06:19:55 »

It seems to me as though this guy isn't the investor we were looking for, but perhaps an appointment insisted on by a new investor(s). And with his Middle East connections, I'm guessing we now have the backing of a Middle East property development company.

But then, I could be hugely wrong.

My first thought was some Arab sheikh.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: