Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help needed please - British rail sports 1945 -  (Read 795 times)
ndc-red

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 13, 2012, 19:33:14 »

Hi guys,

Not posted on here for a long while now, forgot log in and old email, But I was wondering if anyone could help me on a little project I have started.

My grand father passed away recently and left me an F.A diary from 1945/6 in which he and his brother (also not around) kept all their sporting record / achievements from that time. He worked as a station conductor for the British rail and played in the company teams for football and cricket.

In the diary some games he played under the team name 'br' and in others 'locomotion sports' and what I want to do, after speaking with my nan, is try and find if their are any photos to accompany these records. She has none but I really want to try and find something as I have the diary and his medals from his playing days. Wot rival maybe to some and would mean a lot to myself and I would love to show it to my grandmother also.

The search is made harder by the fact I now live in the u.s and my online searching hasn't got me too far. Basically I want to ask if anyone has any knowledge of the teams from the br/ br ground and if there is anyone I could contact in regards to it? Would love to see any pictures that anyone knows of.

A long shot I know but I thought it was worth a try.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 13, 2012, 19:53:23 »

Hi....an interesting thing for you to be doing....will be tough to get photos i reckon but you never know.
My advice is to email the Adver(link below...contact at the bottom of page) and ask them to maybe put a piece in.....someone somewhere may have phtos and respond.
Of course they may even check there archives for you for team photos etc.
Maybe let us know his name(if you want)....would be easier to research

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/

Good luck with it.
ndc-red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 13, 2012, 20:37:20 »

Thanks that's a great idea. My grandfathers name is James (Jim) Davies and his brother was Ernie. Was thinking maybe the steam museum may have some archives of interest also?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: