Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Paolo Di Canio blames Aden Flint for Swindon Town exit  (Read 5187 times)
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 18:15:06 »

Swindon manager Paolo Di Canio says Aden Flint was to blame for their 1-0 Johnstone's Paint Trophy first round derby defeat by Oxford.

The 23-year-old had just come on as a substitute when his collision with team-mate Darren Ward led to Alfie Potter's 88th-minute winner.

"Flint came in tonight as if he was on holiday and this is not acceptable," Di Canio told BBC Wiltshire.

"He has to take the responsibility. We lost because of him."

He continued: "It was like on Sunday when we lost for Wes [Foderingham]. We lost because of a stupid moment.

"He's a good professional but he has to improve."

Flint, who arrived at the County Ground from Alfreton in 2011, was first-choice at centre back at Swindon last season, alongside Alan McCormack.

But he now faces competition from summer arrivals Ward and Troy Archibald-Henville.

Di Canio added: "Flint's a good guy but he's got a big limit. This is why I brought in Darren Ward.

"I told them 'don't feel hurt when I bring in new players who can challenge your position'.

"Some of my players have to go one step forward if they want to become real footballers. Some of them weren't League One footballers.

"They have to know what they want to do in their life."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19506410

WTF ? Di Canio is losing the plot.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 18:18:48 »

2 defeats including a JPT game? Hardly losing the plot.
Dirty Harry

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 18:27:11 »

2 defeats including a JPT game? Hardly losing the plot.

Its not the losing games as to be fair i was one of the ones who said i would be happy to just stay up this season and at no point have had the expectation of us going up as in reality its a big ask. My point is all these public rants and how he points the finger at individuals in the press as its becoming an embarrassment. To be fair Di Canio himself made some wrong decisions with his team selection last night and anyone who argues that obviously didn't see the game.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 18:32:06 »

I cannot see any benefit in publicly criticising a player. Even one with the toughest skin won't Like it. Flint made a mistake for sure and won't need reminding of it
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 18:35:34 by arriba » Logged
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 18:34:30 »

I thought about it earlier, and came to the conclusion it was di canio's way of ensuring flint keeps his feet on the ground. From what i've heard Flint can be a bit charlie big time, so maybe he needs to be knocked down a peg

Things get better but they never get good
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 18:40:57 »

The problem with PdC is that when he is asked a question he answers it fully, no holds barred. He has done this from day one, so why are people all of a sudden uncomfortable with it?  Oh yeah, we lost two games. Flint is a big boy and I'm sure he'll cope. He is also used to di Canio and his methods. Ward, by all accounts, had a terrible game, but wasn't singled out, maybe that shows that Paolo is a bit more understanding than some people think?

It's All Good..............
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:03:19 »

Flint was part of a record breaking defence and an absolute rock since the moment he became a first team player. The public criticism is completely unnecessary and makes Di Canio look like a complete prick. It has been a bizarre last week.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:04:23 »

Flint was part of a record breaking defence and an absolute rock since the moment he became a first team player. The public criticism is completely unnecessary and makes Di Canio look like a complete prick. It has been a bizarre last week.

But we don't see what goes on behind the scenes. Flint might have been slacking in training and might have gone into the game with the wrong mindset.
Flashheart

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:07:32 »

But we don't see what goes on behind the scenes. Flint might have been slacking in training and might have gone into the game with the wrong mindset.

PDC did mention Flint's mindset and looking back, he's mentioned the mindset of a player every time he's berated them publicly. Methinks there's a method to his madness, I also thinks it may well be working.

Have any of the managers PDC played under had a reputation of berating players publicly? Perhaps it's a management 'skill' he's picked up from somewhere. Maybe even from one of the best.
« Last Edit: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:09:36 by Flashheart » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:28:07 »

Darren Ward was utter dogs hit all night....I would of tried to stop him from touching every fucking ball.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:28:33 »

The problem with making comments like this is when it happens to a confidence player. Remember King and Jerel Ifil...

Maybe those mentally tough enough are not needed. I'd prefer he'd keep them quiet, but that's PDC I suppose.
kerry red

« Reply #11 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:33:50 »

H doesn't need to keep quiet - just keep it in house
Spud

« Reply #12 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:35:41 »

Saw Flint in Sainsbury's tonight with a bit of arm candy. I don't reckon he's that bothered to be honest! Cheesy
kerry red

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:36:54 »

What - about the arm candy?
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Thursday, September 6, 2012, 19:37:34 »

About matters relating to football.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: