Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cat scat  (Read 7600 times)
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:34:15 »

Has anyone used any product to prevent cats shitting on their property? Does it work?

Ta.
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:35:22 »

A jug of cold water did the trick when I used to live on the ground floor.

EDIT: you should be able to buy some cat repellent from a garden shop/supermarket for a couple of quid
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:39:39 »

Tried several products - all worked for a day or two until the cats became familiar with them.

Undoubtedly the best deterrent is a supersoaker (unless you want to get a greyhound/whippet)

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
DMR

« Reply #3 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:46:21 »

Accept your fate and move house, preferably to one devoid of internet access
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:47:32 »

Lion shit.  You can buy it in powdered form from a lot of garden centres.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:49:05 »

We use one of these:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=cat+scarer&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=851414007669116320&sa=X&ei=FBUyUJr4J4OzhAeEuIDQAQ&ved=0CHkQ8wIwAg

Works a treat and keeps the little bastards off the front lawn.  Tried it on our cat's before we put it into use and it drove them mental.  Only pain is that you have to remember to replace the batteries, but this is a small price to pay for a turd free lawn.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:49:51 »

Get rid of cat shit by spreading giant cat shit everywhere! Wink
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:52:11 »

Or you could get rid of your lawn and put down a patio, works a treat for getting rid of dead bodies and stopping cats from shitting.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:54:32 »

We use one of these:

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&q=cat+scarer&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=851414007669116320&sa=X&ei=FBUyUJr4J4OzhAeEuIDQAQ&ved=0CHkQ8wIwAg

Works a treat and keeps the little bastards off the front lawn.  Tried it on our cat's before we put it into use and it drove them mental.  Only pain is that you have to remember to replace the batteries, but this is a small price to pay for a turd free lawn.
The old boy who lives next door to us had one of these but because he is as deaf as a post he had the settings all wrong and the high pitched screech it used to give was horrendous. Didn't seem to work on the cats but put us off from going out in the front garden.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:55:05 »

Get rid of cat shit by spreading giant cat shit everywhere! Wink

Powder is better than turds!  And it only smells to the little cats! ;-)

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 10:56:20 »

Smiley

I think we tried it before to stop our own cats from shitting in our garden.
It didn't work very well, they still shit in our garden, but I think that's more to do with the dog next door and the two dogs in the garden adjacent to ours.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 11:04:17 »

The old boy who lives next door to us had one of these but because he is as deaf as a post he had the settings all wrong and the high pitched screech it used to give was horrendous. Didn't seem to work on the cats but put us off from going out in the front garden.

Must have been wrong as you can't hear it in use. There is a test button that emits a sound but that's simply to test the battery.
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 11:10:02 »

Accept your fate and move house, preferably to one devoid of internet access

Just moved there. Pissing you off is worth the broadband fee alone Smiley

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 11:16:34 »

Must have been wrong as you can't hear it in use. There is a test button that emits a sound but that's simply to test the battery.
My neighbour at my old house had one and i could hear it. I asked them to alter the frequency as every time i went outside i could hear the fucking thing screaming. They wouldn't have it as they couldn't hear it themselves, and i wasn't going to row with pensioners in their 70's so i climbed over the fence during the night and turned the frequency up myself. Problem solved. My cat still used to go in their garden so don't think they work anyway.

Plants are the best way as some give off a scent cats dont like. Google them
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, August 20, 2012, 11:18:46 »

Or you could get rid of your lawn and put down a patio, works a treat for getting rid of dead bodies and stopping cats from shitting.

We are gonna put a lawn down, I just have to shift about 300 tonnes of gravel first - it's the gravel they are dumping on. I now realise why the previous owners had so many spiky trees and bushes out the front (which I have since ripped out).
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: