Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford away in JPT  (Read 55802 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:02:39 »

Can you buy over the phone or in person only?
Jimmy Glass is an Alien

« Reply #181 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:03:33 »

Can you buy over the phone or in person only?

I'll ask. I assume if you can get through on the phone, as long as you are on the database you'll be ok.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:05:58 »

Latest update is still over 1,000 left. Not selling particularly well.

Last season was something of a one off.  We hadn't played them for years, so demand was bound to be high.  But generally, we don't tend to take many fans to Oxford.  A lot of people are, quite rightly, turned off by the potential for aggro.  And the other glaringly obvious factor is simply that Oxford is a crap away day.  The ground is in completely the wrong place and the only pub within walking distance is for home fans only.

There are many, many better away days than Oxford.  If we get our local games vs Bristol City or Reading back any time soon, you would see much bigger away followings.  I'm not surprised that a lot of people have chosen to save their money.
Flashheart

« Reply #183 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:19:40 »

Playing the pox is so last season.
DMR

« Reply #184 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:48:44 »

Last season was something of a one off.  We hadn't played them for years, so demand was bound to be high.  But generally, we don't tend to take many fans to Oxford.  A lot of people are, quite rightly, turned off by the potential for aggro.  And the other glaringly obvious factor is simply that Oxford is a crap away day.  The ground is in completely the wrong place and the only pub within walking distance is for home fans only.

There are many, many better away days than Oxford.  If we get our local games vs Bristol City or Reading back any time soon, you would see much bigger away followings.  I'm not surprised that a lot of people have chosen to save their money.

Standard STFC denial.

Nothing to do with the fact they shoved it right up us home & away last season and have all the bragging rights then?
Dozno9

« Reply #185 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:51:56 »

I'm going because I want to see us beat them at the Kassam, I wouldn't go unless I was coaching it due to the problems and as I normally drive away the pub is generally out of bounds anyway.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:53:32 »

Standard STFC denial.

Nothing to do with the fact they shoved it right up us home & away last season and have all the bragging rights then?

If I based my attendance on bragging rights then i wouldn't go much.
Flashheart

« Reply #187 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:53:49 »

Standard STFC denial.

I'd've thought that's even more reason to go.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:54:47 »

I'll ask. I assume if you can get through on the phone, as long as you are on the database you'll be ok.

The first part of the sale was in person only, one of the reasons we haven't bothered.

Whether they soften this approach based in the lack of sales I don't know.

We gave sprog the option of Stoke or Oxford, and he decided he would rather go to Stoke.
After Tuesday night I'm glad he did Smiley
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 10:58:07 »

Standard STFC denial.

If bragging rights are your thing, then fair enough.

The attendance figures over the years back up the point I was making, if you really want to look in to it.  The aggro factor is a turn off for many.  Why deny it?
walcot red

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 11:13:54 »

If the game was being held at home I would definatly be going as the risk of any aggro is low and more importantly our police know how to handle football fans. I didn't go to the away match and I was glad I didn't, the bus load of people from the station to the ground got there when the match kicked off, and the grief inside and outside the ground at full time has just put me off, coin throwing and smashed up bogs, sounds like loads of fucking fun.

If their ground was in the centre of Oxford then I would've gone, as it would've been easy to get in and out quickly and avoiding any potential trouble but the ground is near their version of Penhill and for that reason I'm out.
random_five

Downton, Wiltshire

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 11:27:41 »

Let's not forget it is only the first round of the JPT.

1,000 away is a decent turnout for any team for what is essentially little more than a pre-season friendly.
02hodgsol

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 11:30:58 »

so far we have sold 900 of our allocation of 1800.
Pay day tomorrow, so i reckon we will take 1400
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 11:32:56 »

Let's not forget it is only the first round of the JPT.

1,000 away is a decent turnout for any team for what is essentially little more than a pre-season friendly.

Exactly the reason I have no interest in going.

Plus I have more hatred towards the Bristol teams anyway.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Thursday, August 30, 2012, 11:33:23 »

Surely the scum have sold out their cup final by now?

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: