Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Poxford away in JPT  (Read 55803 times)
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 11:55:22 »

Not sure I'll bother either, last season was enough and with the thought of TVP taking us on a tour of oxford so probably get home around midnight and all the children throwing objects and seats at each other it ruins the game so may be better listening on the radio
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 12:05:05 »

....any other ideas?

Don't get carried away already.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 13:44:28 »

Not sure I'll bother either, last season was enough and with the thought of TVP taking us on a tour of oxford so probably get home around midnight and all the children throwing objects and seats at each other it ruins the game so may be better listening on the radio

See that the Oxford chairman is admitting that this game wont make them any money and may actually cause them a loss, because of the hugh policing costs....hopefully we'll get our cut of the receipts without having to pay for the policing costs.

Strange how times change 20 years ago, we could pitch up at Oxford for a midweek fixture in a minor cup competition to see our fringe players roll over their first XI, in front of about 3500 locals, in the company of 500 Town fans.

Nobody much cared....I blame the internet, for creating the mythology about this fixture.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 13:46:10 »

No wonder they are charging full league prices for the game, it looks as though they won't make any money at all from the game against us....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19345429

Cheesy But we will...

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 17:47:22 »

After all that bollocks getting tickets I'm not sure I will bother.

Clems Army!
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:01:33 »

Strange how times change 20 years ago, we could pitch up at Oxford for a midweek fixture in a minor cup competition to see our fringe players roll over their first XI, in front of about 3500 locals, in the company of 500 Town fans.

Nobody much cared....I blame the internet, for creating the mythology about this fixture.

I can remember us playing them in the Anglo Italian Cup rehash about 20 years ago in the Hoddle era. Went to pens after a 2-2 draw and we won. Funniest moment was the tannoy announcement just before the pens that the last train to Oxford was leaving in 10 mins
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:03:07 »

Anyone think this will make general sale?  Sad

Now, ain't that just like me?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:07:02 »

Anyone think this will make general sale?  Sad
Yes. I think a lot of fans just won't be arsed with the aggro. I'm taking my 17 year old daughter and I'll drive to the game but I'm not looking forward to the walk to and from the car. Am considering train or coach.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:11:44 »

Yes. I think a lot of fans just won't be arsed with the aggro. I'm taking my 17 year old daughter and I'll drive to the game but I'm not looking forward to the walk to and from the car. Am considering train or coach.

Walk to the car is fine we were parked right at the back of the overspill for that complex, unless you wear shirts and make yourselves clearly visible then you shouldn't encounter a peep of trouble. Oxford fans are either a myth or a small minority when it comes to trouble around the ground.

Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:21:59 »

Know what you mean, it's pretty shit when you can't be sure you won't get aggro even when your with the family or youngsters. I know sometimes you can just get caught up in it so should seriously Concider taking minors as you just can't trust knuckle draggers whichever club they are connected to. A great example was when we were coming out of Wembley after the Millwall game and around a dozen of their morons were trying their best to goad blokes with young families into a scrap whilst their so called team were inside lifting a trophy. It's these sort of muppets that are only big men in packs.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:29:04 by Notts red » Logged
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:22:49 »

I've had run ins with those cunts a few times including England games - to be fair i wasn't too arsed back in the daybut taking my daughter there is a different matter. The stories they tell of what they've done etc always amuses me as I would hav e been at some of the incidents they mention. As long as Eric doesn;t bore me to shit, i suppose we should be OK.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:28:20 »

Walk to the car is fine we were parked right at the back of the overspill for that complex, unless you wear shirts and make yourselves clearly visible then you shouldn't encounter a peep of trouble. Oxford fans are either a myth or a small minority when it comes to trouble around the ground.
Not so sure about this shirt code of conduct thing, wasn't it Oxford who got stuck into Rovers fans last season including Women wearing their colours.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:29:24 »

Not so sure about this shirt code of conduct thing, wasn't it Oxford who got stuck into Rovers fans last season including Women wearing their colours.

That is what I am saying. Don't wear colours or at least cover them up.

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:36:29 »

Something Rovers aren't exactly innocent of in the past.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, August 22, 2012, 22:38:40 »

Something Rovers aren't exactly innocent of in the past.
Spot on, re: the Inn on the Green incident amongst others.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: