Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anyone local to weymouth?  (Read 5847 times)
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 11:22:43 »

or put another way...I would like to indulge myself and family a little in the olmypics, since its probably the only time it will be here in my lifetime, and possibly theirs...however, having a young family who can only sit still for about 30 mins, would rather be able to see one of the public events, so we can dip in and out as we see fit....was just enquiring whether the sailing fitted into this category...
stfcinbmth

« Reply #16 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 11:32:34 »

Well it fucks me off when people moan about something they have unrealistic expectations of. Every cunt seems to want everything for free nowadays. Well you can't have it, and it isn't a 'disgrace' to stop cheapskate cunts enjoying stuff that costs millions to provide.

Aren't we as taxpayers paying part of the cost for it then jay? I have no intentions of going to watch any of it, freeloading or otherwise so I'm quite happy for someone to use the bit I've paid for
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 11:48:45 »

Aren't we as taxpayers paying part of the cost for it then jay? I have no intentions of going to watch any of it, freeloading or otherwise so I'm quite happy for someone to use the bit I've paid for

We are part funding the Monarchy too, but they won't let me book the last two week of August in Buck Pal.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #18 on: Friday, July 27, 2012, 12:05:38 »

We are part funding the Monarchy too, but they won't let me book the last two week of August in Buck Pal.

Don't think the public normally have unrestricted access to Buck Pal so that I can understand
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 13:08:42 »

Well it fucks me off when people moan about something they have unrealistic expectations of. Every cunt seems to want everything for free nowadays. Well you can't have it, and it isn't a 'disgrace' to stop cheapskate cunts enjoying stuff that costs millions to provide.

Funny seeing as we the taxpayer are paying for it....we are expected to pay again. Hmmm

Yeah a few bob pumped in from sponsors etc but in the main the government...with our money is paying for it already....so a few freebies would have been nice for Joe Public....and not just the fucking dignitaries who even miss the jams...at our expense. Cheesy

nochee

« Reply #20 on: Saturday, July 28, 2012, 13:19:45 »

Surely to close off a part of free country to view a free sea that has some boats on is a bit tight. It's hardly free entry into the olympic stadium. It is cuntish.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #21 on: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 15:21:37 »

I don't really care I was just in a bad mood Smiley
stfcinbmth

« Reply #22 on: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 15:32:06 »

I don't really care I was just in a bad mood Smiley

You've cheered up now then
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 15:48:08 »

It's not really in the Olympic spirit is it? Which is supposed to have nothing to do with money and profit.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 19:10:25 »

a little harsh...

I was under the impression the public had forked out £9.5 billion for these olympics?
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, July 29, 2012, 19:12:31 »

I'm down in Weymouth for 8 days from Friday, I am led to believe that with a decent enough pair of binoculars you can get a view from Bowleaze Cove
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, July 30, 2012, 08:21:45 »

keep us posted Rosso please...I am still keen to go down and will also investigate trying to get some tickets to sit on that mound...
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Monday, July 30, 2012, 09:04:02 »

According to this morning's Guardian, the rumours that vantage points would be blocked off, are entirely false.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #28 on: Monday, July 30, 2012, 09:58:05 »

Well I can cofirm 100% that between Weymouth and Northe and towards Portland there are temporary fences because I saw it for myself with my own eyes 3 days ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008012/Olympic-officials-block-sea-view-stop-residents-watching-2012-sailing-free.html

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, July 30, 2012, 10:34:23 »

Well I can cofirm 100% that between Weymouth and Northe and towards Portland there are temporary fences because I saw it for myself with my own eyes 3 days ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2008012/Olympic-officials-block-sea-view-stop-residents-watching-2012-sailing-free.html

Fair enough, here's the bit from this morning's Guardian fwiw.

You need a blanket, or ideally a couple of them, at the Nothe in Weymouth. One to sit on – no folding chairs or tables allowed here – and one to huddle under when the wind whips in. An umbrella is also an essential. There's no cover so if it rains, you get wet. The first brollies went up at around 1pm on Sunday.

It is easy to get the venue. Despite dire warnings about possible traffic problems, driving into Weymouth and Portland was pain-free.

Though it was a Sunday so few people were trying to get to work. One nice way to arrive at the Nothe is via the harbour ferry – a rowing boat called Janice, priced £1 for adults, 50p for children under 12.

Those using the ticketed spectator area on day 1 of the sailing competitions seemed happy enough to perch on the hillside and watch Ben Ainslie et al do their stuff. They could keep an eye on the action via big screens with commentary explaining the intricacies to those not in the know. Beer was £4 a pint, Coca-Cola £2, burger £6, fish and chips £8, tea £1.50, coffee £2.

Rumours that Locog would try to block views of the sailing courses to non-paying customers proved to be untrue. There is no way such a huge open area could be hidden away. And there are many, many places around the coast where it is possible to get a great view of the sailing without paying.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: