Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Billy Bodin  (Read 29131 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #135 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 21:18:27 »

Lastly, Crewe were interested, but not that interested, that's why he has gone to the seaside. Crewe have an envious pedigree of producing youngsters to be groomed for the premier league. Ask yourself why BB did not end up there.

What he said

herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 21:22:34 »

you know what i mean, we need to shake this philosophy.

i wasn't looking to be confrontational i just think we need to get away from the too light weight argument in general.

i think billy will do well for himself with a forray into the championship in a few years a possibility.

he wasn't ready to be in our first team and in that respect it's right to let him go and get that elsewhere
I think, if you look back, your argument is pretty flawed. Kevin Keegan, Michael Owen, Jermaine Defoe are all hardly big and bulky yet all have had/are having successful careers as strikers. If you've got the ability (And the footballing intelligence) size won't stop you achieving.

It's All Good..............
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 21:45:06 »

Its an Italian thing, I've worked with quite a few they air their laundry in public, is it professional? not really, but then it gets sorted and we all move on.

That's a pretty generalising statement to make. I know lots of Italians who don't do that!
deltaincline

« Reply #138 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 22:42:52 »

That's a pretty generalising statement to make. I know lots of Italians who don't do that!

PDC showed he likes to get the first shot in the press when the Clarke situation developed last season.

He was getting his side of things aired way before Clarke had a chance to think about what to say, let alone actually say anything, which put him and his advisors on the back foot.

In the end they had to either refute PDC's claims with their counter claim/s, then follow up with their version of events - leaving them looking like whinging twats -  or shut the fuck up.

If you are PDC, getting the first shot in is a smart move as your comments are quickly vacuumed up and distributed almost instantly by news agencies stationed at all levels of the pyramid.

Granted, STFC won't make much of an impression at Reuters on an average news day, but PDC is global. What he says and does is guaranteed to create a story that will be picked up, even if it's only a small story in relative terms.

Responses to his comments won't really register unless the story is massive or the individuals involved are similar big hitters.

PDC knows that.

He's stitched the Bodin's up (in media terms) like a kipper.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Tuesday, July 3, 2012, 23:38:45 »

Maybe he would've improved under us, maybe he'd have got some game time but it wouldn't have been enough judging by him saying he wanted guarantees of first team football. He's 19 and he's coming out with that sort of thing? Sorry buddy but you ain't earned that yet.

This pretty much sums up my feelings on his departure. Probably best thing for club and player to let him go to Torquay.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 01:55:55 »

Lastly, Crewe were interested, but not that interested, that's why he has gone to the seaside. Crewe have an envious pedigree of producing youngsters to be groomed for the premier league. Ask yourself why BB did not end up there.
Maybe because daddy told him not too, if rumours are to be believed Bodin snr will follow jnr to Torquay.
fatbasher

« Reply #141 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 06:18:26 »

Maybe because daddy told him not too, if rumours are to be believed Bodin snr will follow jnr to Torquay.

No, try "because he's not better than what they have or could get for league one". If he was that good and showed something Paolo had obviously missed then they would have snapped him up.

As they didn't push to hard to get him, then, yep maybe Paul said "You know what son. You'll get more game time at Torquay. Use that to develop your future . Go there Martin and Shaun are old buddies they'll look after you".

And so it came to pass that BB went to the seaside.

Time to move on, nothing to see here folks.

Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 07:04:14 »

PDC showed he likes to get the first shot in the press when the Clarke situation developed last season.

He was getting his side of things aired way before Clarke had a chance to think about what to say, let alone actually say anything, which put him and his advisors on the back foot.

In the end they had to either refute PDC's claims with their counter claim/s, then follow up with their version of events - leaving them looking like whinging twats -  or shut the fuck up.

If you are PDC, getting the first shot in is a smart move as your comments are quickly vacuumed up and distributed almost instantly by news agencies stationed at all levels of the pyramid.

Granted, STFC won't make much of an impression at Reuters on an average news day, but PDC is global. What he says and does is guaranteed to create a story that will be picked up, even if it's only a small story in relative terms.

Responses to his comments won't really register unless the story is massive or the individuals involved are similar big hitters.

PDC knows that.

He's stitched the Bodin's up (in media terms) like a kipper.

I understand and agree with what you are saying. I was just referring to the generalisation statement and my comment still stands
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 08:12:12 »

No, try "because he's not better than what they have or could get for league one". If he was that good and showed something Paolo had obviously missed then they would have snapped him up.

As they didn't push to hard to get him, then, yep maybe Paul said "You know what son. You'll get more game time at Torquay. Use that to develop your future . Go there Martin and Shaun are old buddies they'll look after you".

And so it came to pass that BB went to the seaside.

Time to move on, nothing to see here folks.

Uh...Right
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 17:14:03 »

It's officially official...

[url width=320 height=256]http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/b4/1b/0,,10341~11017140,00.jpg[/url]
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 17:19:23 »

He has a pointy head so Torquay are welcome to him.

Never knowingly overstated.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Wednesday, July 4, 2012, 21:39:46 »

Ling needs to go pre-season training by the look of it....
Gullscorer

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 16:00:52 »

This may help to set the record straight regarding Paul Bodin:
http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/0,,10445~2833159,00.html
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 16:05:36 »

If Billy is his own man why did daddy text PDC about not bringing him to italy?
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Thursday, July 5, 2012, 16:14:13 »

If Billy is his own man why did daddy text PDC about not bringing him to italy?

Quite
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: