Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: The 'Summer' of Cricket thread  (Read 60495 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 23:19:58 »

Guys for those interested in cricket I've set up a 'cricket thread' for all of us cricket lovers!!! (We've had a couple over the winter although the pakistan series was also used for the sri lanka series too!)

So 1st Test Match starts tomorrow against the West Indies...can see us winning the toss sticking them in, bowling them out cheaply and hopefully back in English conditions rack up 400+ where a Strauss ton wouldn't go amiss and winning by an innings!

I think Bairstow will make his debut and Finn will play.

#VivaKenBarlow!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 23:23:24 »

Going to Lords on Saturday, sadly our attempts at fancy dress have been thwarted by the MCC with their usual sense of fun.

Hope the series is fairly competitive. Roach looks bloody good and hopefully will give our batsmen a working over to prepare them for Steyn, Morkel and Philander in the Saffer series.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 06:52:17 »

Don't think the Windies will be as poor as they were last time they were over here, they played the Aussies close recently and their bowling attack in particular seems to have improved quite a bit. Should still be 3-0 to England if we turn up though.

Barring Chanderpaul don't think their batsmen have much experience in English conditions, so with the way pitches seem to be playing so far this season you could see Anderson and Broad having a field day.

I'm going to Lord's tomorrow so hoping the shite weather is done with and we can get a full Test's play in.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 07:41:31 »

Absolutely right to give Bairstow a go. After a poor winter it's important to keep evolving the side. Think you're right about Finn getting the nod but I would prefer Onions. On a pitch that may, at least on day one, nibble about a bit, he's our man.

I only realised this morning that the SA is only 3 tests. A real shame. I'd prefer a 2/4 split. Sadly, the Windies are only a warm up series nowadays.

welcome to the summer.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 09:16:21 »

I only realised this morning that the SA is only 3 tests. A real shame. I'd prefer a 2/4 split. Sadly, the Windies are only a warm up series nowadays.

I'm off to the Oval test match, which is the 1st of the series I believe...I'd like to get to one of the ODI's against Australia though as well and get to 3rd man/fine leg for when Mitchell Johnson is bowling...'He bowls to the left, he bowls to the riiiiiiight....' you know the rest!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 10:20:18 »

Never realised until this morning that the MCC members start to queue outside the Grace gates from 5am! That is dedication!Guess if you want the best seats it what you have to do,even when your a member of the MCC  Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 12:03:00 »

Decent effort this from the Windies inexperienced top order after being put in.  Bravo looks a player.
steptoe41

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 16:20:50 »

Had a day off today and have been watching / listening to the cricket nearly all day. Even spent an hour in the Garden listening to "Blowers" and "Aggers" on TMS. Timeless.
There is something about listening to Cricket on the radio that makes you proud to be an Englishman.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 16:58:39 »

Broad's just taken his 5th of the day. 231-8.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 17:35:03 »

Had a day off today and have been watching / listening to the cricket nearly all day. Even spent an hour in the Garden listening to "Blowers" and "Aggers" on TMS. Timeless.
There is something about listening to Cricket on the radio that makes you proud to be an Englishman.
Lush way to spend an afternoon!Hope you had some pimms too  Smiley

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, May 17, 2012, 22:31:37 »

Watching the highlights now, looks like it's been a good days play.  Looking forward to watching it all day tomorrow.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 14:19:48 »

Strauss is looking good for a 100 here.  Hopefully we can get 450+ then we won't need to bat again.
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 14:47:15 »

On for a very good score here, hope Straussy goes through to a ton he's batting very well!

#VivaKenBarlow!
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 19:56:56 »

Strauss ton was excellent as was his celebration.  England in a strong position.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, May 18, 2012, 19:58:24 »

And Broad could claim the longest drawn out hatrick ever for a bowler.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: