Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC in bother  (Read 38505 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:43:12 »

If, hypothetically, PdC's mind had gone blank when talking about Tehoue he said something along the lines of "That, ooh, err, umm,  big black striker is useless and lacking somewhat in the fitness/ability department... ovvvviously", does that constitute a racist remark, or just a slightly inappropriate descriptive one?

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:44:31 »

It's a strange area, if you call someone a fat cunt, ginger cunt etc, is it the same as calling someone a black cunt?

Society says no, but if you look at the bare bones it is just describing someones physical attributes.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Flashheart

« Reply #182 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:46:11 »

If, hypothetically, PdC's mind had gone blank when talking about Tehoue he said something along the lines of "That, ooh, err, umm,  big black striker is useless and lacking somewhat in the fitness/ability department... ovvvviously", does that constitute a racist remark, or just a slightly inappropriate descriptive one?

Descriptive, and not inappropriate in the slightest IMO.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:47:31 »

Why don't we know what the alleged remark is?

One would have though Tehoue et al would want to make it public to drum up public support

I'm sure it will come out. Context is, clearly, crucial given that the club continue to back Paolo.

In the meantime I'm going to speculate that a player paid up and released last week was the one who reported it to Tehoue.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:48:31 »

Or perhaps Di Canio knew full-well that what he was saying was derogatory?
kerry red

« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:52:41 »

But surely, PdC wouldn't be so insensitive to refer to a player's skin colour in a derogatory manner in front of other players of a similar colour.

See how much pussyfooting you have to go to with this subject.

I can see him saying 'Bollocks to this - I'm off'
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:54:30 »

All we can do is speculate now until the facts are laid out.

So I'm going to ignore everything STFC related until it is.  Fed up.  Good bye (for now).
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:55:38 »

I honestly can't see his remark being something like the N word as I honestly doubt the club would back him. He probably used a term which is deemed no longer appropriate in today's society.

See Alan Hansen.
Flashheart

« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:57:21 »

I'm sure it will come out.

But why wait.

If Tehoue has been called a black cunt, for example, surely it is in his best interests to make it public. Why the apparent reluctancy to reveal what was said?
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:58:22 »

Never believe a quote from an unknown. Non-story.
kerry red

« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 10:04:50 »

You really cant compare calling someone a 'fat' or 'ginger' bastard to calling someone a 'black' bastard.

Fatties and gingers haven't been persecuted and discriminated against and haven't been subjected to slavery.

I don't care what people's take on it is, it's not on
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 10:06:41 »

But why wait.

If Tehoue has been called a black cunt, for example, surely it is in his best interests to make it public. Why the apparent reluctancy to reveal what was said?

Because it's very easy to let the media make a mountain out of a mole hill when you don't disclose the whole truth and very difficult to make a mountain out of a mole hill from facts alone?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 10:10:19 »

I had rather hoped we could have a nice quiet close season, whereby the sound of leather on willow, might be punctuated by no more angst, than whether Steve Lomas was going to sign or not.  Doh
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 10:12:12 »

I blame England for seeing out the Windies on Day 4.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 10:24:27 »

I love it how people assume the worst and jump on PDC.

Basically we have a facist racist manager who wants to sign murderers.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: