Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC in bother  (Read 38510 times)
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:16:21 »

the FA can ban him for all next season, we will still win the league! Smiley
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:23:07 »

Devil's Advocate:

At what point do these stories make Di Canio's position untenable?
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:24:27 »

All this bother isn't going to attract potenial new signings, whether it's true or not.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:24:29 »

If the article is a fair representation of the situation, we have handled this very badly indeed.

• Why come out with the 'not as good as I thought he was' statement if, weeks/months later, it runs the risk of looking like a bare faced cover up to explain the player's absence?
  • Why (did the board) come out with unequivocal backing for PDC initially?  This looks suspect, now that that backing has had to be watered down.

Sign players?  Let's sign someone who knows how to handle the media.  Not good at all.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:26:10 by Ardiles » Logged
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:26:52 »

Devil's Advocate:

What's the chances we're looking for a new manager and chairman this summer? All this bad press could so easily have been avoided.

Flashheart

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:27:05 »

Does anybody else find this contradictory.

Swindon's lawyers claim they've apologised for an inappropriate remark, yet they claim Tehoue's claims as spurious.

It just doesn't seem to make sense
DMR

« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:28:37 »

Devil's Advocate:

IF, big IF, he did racially abuse JT, he should be out the door immediately.
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:29:00 »

not a lot has changed though has it?

Tehoue and his agent/lawyers are still maintaining that Di Canio used a racial insult towards him. The club maintain that no racial insult was used towards him but have now conceded that a comment was made...nothing to say it was a racist comment or could be interpreted as such.

The BBC are just trying to stir up the story as it has gone quiet.

Don't agree. Now the club is admitting there is substance to it. This is very bad indeed and I have no sympthy for Di Canio if he said something along those lines.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:29:03 »

Swindon's lawyers claim they've apologised for an inappropriate remark, yet they claim Tehoue's claims as spurious.

I do.  Hate to say it, but the contradiction needs to be explained by the club (ie Jeremy Wray), who is probably sick to the back teeth right now of having to deal with the media.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:29:40 »

Maybe they can see how the remark can be seen as inappropriate but at the same time do not consider it to have been said as a racial slur.
Gnasher

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:30:50 »

They claim he was referred to by his skin colour. So is it racist to call someone black or did he use the N word. I'm guessing the club are claiming the former was 'inappropriate'.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:40:36 by Gnasher » Logged

Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:34:47 »

It is this sort of thing which will stop PDC making it to the top. It will also erase part of the 'aura' around him, which contributes so much to recruitment.
Flashheart

« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:41:20 »

Why don't we know what the alleged remark is?

One would have though Tehoue et al would want to make it public to drum up public support
DMR

« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:41:32 »

They claim he was referred to by his skin colour. So is it racist to call someone black or did he use the N word. I'm guessing the club are claiming the former was 'inappropriate'.

It's a strange area, if you call someone a fat cunt, ginger cunt etc, is it the same as calling someone a black cunt?
The_Doctor

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, May 29, 2012, 09:42:45 »

Think this is the beginning of the end of Di Canio staying at Swindon, I read somewhere he told people he would leave if found guilty. I have a feeling we will have a new manager by kick off now, given Di Canio's previous history, the media will be all over this like a rash which will ultimately lead to Di Canio leaving I think.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: