Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC in bother  (Read 38537 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #120 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 16:04:58 »

Surprised he isn't called Stewart Clowning instead. That would be really, really funny.
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 16:05:08 »

If I didn't say it someone else almost certainly would have done!!

Aah I do love banter, the language of idiots.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 16:10:25 by oxford_fan » Logged
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 16:11:22 »

Surprised he isn't called Stewart Clowning instead. That would be really, really funny.

Wouldn't have worked as well. And isn't as stupid.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 16:16:43 by oxford_fan » Logged
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 16:29:47 »

What I don't like is this:

But again, let's not forget this is the Daily Mail

And if they do - what a bunch of cunts !!!!!! No No

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
hanneyred

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 17:09:04 »

Reading the statement from the club, it states they were aware of the situation in march.... Surely this would of been the time when pdc nearly quit......
Coca Fola

« Reply #125 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 18:08:28 »

Reading the statement from the club, it states they were aware of the situation in march.... Surely this would of been the time when pdc nearly quit......
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 19:50:27 »

PDC has aged about 10 years in the last 3 months.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 20:23:32 »

Going to the Winchester to have a nice cold pint and wait for this all to blow over

[url width=200 height=229]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/jamiethon/winchester.jpg[/url]

Quality Film, line and idea all rolled into one!!!

#VivaKenBarlow!
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 21:51:48 »

The Daily Mail reports a "racism allegation" - fair enough

It understands that "several" players are prepared to testify in any FA case against PDC but is unable to name "testifiers" or (interestingly) spell out what they would testify; it strongly implies they would testify against PDC but does not actually discount that those players may actually testify in PDC's favour.

it understands that there has been an "alleged racist remark" but is unable to say what the remark was;

It understands that there were several witnesses to the alleged remark  - assuming an alleged remark has not necessarily in fact been made, how do you witness an alleged remark?

The Daily Mail understands F.A.

The Daily Mail then gratuitously throws in that PDC was once fined for fascist salutes but fails to even attempt to balance its reporting of a racism allegation by reporting that PDC has consistently denied being racist whenever the fascism/racism connection has been put to him.

As for the Suarez parallel drawn earlier, the problem there was the player's refusal to shake hands with Evra after the finding and especially the ambivalence of his club to the finding of racist remarks against its player. 

Have to agree, let's go down to the Winchester and wait for this to blow over - PDC will hopefully stick around long enough to make us go down to the Winchester several more times - via a few more championships and cup successes.
Coca Fola

« Reply #129 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 23:56:52 »

I think that's more to do with the death of his parents.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 03:24:54 »

No it's called a beard and looks fucking awful.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 06:30:31 »

PDC looks drained and that has nothing to do with the beard.

The death of your parents, allegations and a new job will take it out of the strongest character.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 06:47:09 »

We've said it before...the man needs - and has certainly earned - a holiday.  I imagine he'll be looking a little fresher and 'younger' in August.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 06:58:25 »

In the Adver article a few days ago some of the players were talking about their holiday destinations.
Paolo basically said he will be working 24 hours a day, is under contract, is a professional and he doesn't take holidays.

The man clearly needs a few weeks off to relax and recharge.
RWB Robin

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Wednesday, May 16, 2012, 07:03:22 »

the Daily Mail is not worth the paper it is written on - it is worse than the Sun or the late NoW, which have no pretensions to be anything other than they are.  The Mail pretends to be a serious newspaper.

For me, the club's statement is sufficient.  I am confident that the ethical stand of the club generally since the new board etc is second to none, and that they would not cover up an issue like this.  Tehoue came from a club in a higher league, and assumed certain things.  He fell from grace very quickly - we certainly didn't see enough of him to make a judgment on footballing grounds.  (I thought he looked as though he might have something about him, but who am I to know?)  It certainly sounds to me like he (maybe supported by one/two other disgruntled voices) is out for revenge.

As far as I am concerned, PdC (who we know can be passionate and noisy, but so far as we can tell has never been abusive to an individual, even some of the terrible refs we have seen) has my support (wow!!!) - not because we just want him to stay and bring us more success, but because he has earned the respect of thousands of people in a very short time - until such time as any proof of racial abuse is offered.  And I am one of those who was doubtful about his appointment on political grounds....
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: