Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC in bother  (Read 38500 times)
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 12:56:43 »

I would have thought the Daily Mail hated anything PC not PDC ??

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:09:14 »

The Daily Mail hates everything.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:14:17 »

It's absolutely true because I read it in the daily mail.

It's worth bringing this to current page because it's ace.
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:14:55 »

And there you have it the Daily Mail shit stirring again.

Leaving aside the 'sensational' headline, nothing the Mail reports is untrue is it? Unless you know different.

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:16:06 »

Following an article in today's Daily Mail, the club feels it is imperative to put the record straight on a number of points.

There is always a danger that without appropriate response, the headline grabbing approach of tabloid journalism, based on innuendo and sensationalism rather than facts, creates a misguided belief along the lines of 'there is no smoke without fire'.

For the record, STFC states categoricallly that it operates a zero tolerance approach towards racism.

With regard to the specific complaint raised by Jonathan Tehoue, the Board was fully appraised of the facts at the time of the alleged incident back in March and having investigated it, was satisfied that it was without merit and took appropriate action then. The club will of course however happily assist the FA in its enquiries.

The manager, Paolo Di Canio denies completely any suggestion that he used toward Jonathan Tehoue or anyone, abusive, insulting or threatening words or behaviour by reference to race or at all and the Board wishes to affirm its complete and unequivocal support for its manager in this regard.

Further, the Board is wholly satisfied that any decisions concerning Jonathan Tehoue's playing career whilst at STFC, were made for purely footballing reasons.

...right, I would suggest that the first 3 paragraphs were drafted by the club, and thereafter by their lawyers. The key extract is that PDC :  "denies completely any suggestion that he used toward Jonathan Tehoue or anyone, abusive, insulting or threatening words or behaviour by reference to race or at all." This leaves what was said open to a matter of opinion. It is likely that something was said, but Di Canio doesn't feel that it was abusive, insulting or threatening, and the board agree. What the extarct does not say is that he didn't say anything that might not be interpreted in an insulting, abusive or threatening way.

Playing devil's advocate, Luis Suarez and Liverpool put forward a very similar argument about his use of "negro". The question will be one of interpretation. I hope that there is very little in this - but in the same way that Suarez was judged according to the interpretation of what he said in English and according to our culture, so should Di Canio, otherwise we create a carve out from what is and is not socially and morally acceptable for any foreigner - which, ironically, would be racist in itself.

Let's hope this blows over - but it's a story the club could very well do without. As crap loans go, it's fair to say Tehoue didn't just not work out, but may well have caused irreperable damage.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:26:19 »

Who's that mental woman on twitter that thinks Paolo wanted the Wolves job?

I had to unfollow her, was doing my head in
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:28:49 »

Yeah I have unfollowed her too, she was the one that started all those rumours about a fight at the training ground the other week.
tans

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:30:08 »

And always tweets about wes
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:32:32 »

Is this the infermus stalker?
tans

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:33:17 »

No thats someone else Sonic.

She also support Crawley aswell!
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:34:52 »

And always tweets about wes

Telling him what her kids have said or had for for dinner
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:35:36 »

No thats someone else Sonic.

She also support Crawley aswell!

Who is this loon?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:36:25 »

fatbury's wife?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:40:50 »

Is she the chunky lass ? The stalker I mean.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #104 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 13:41:53 »

fatbury's wife?

Hahahhahahahhahahaahahaaaaaaaaa!!! The only way Fatbury would ever get a wife is if he found one in a park and locked it in the basement.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: