Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: PDC in bother  (Read 38546 times)
Matchworn Shirts
For Sale

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 05:17:16 »

its probably that donkey Tehoue trying to stir it up - afterall PdC hardly gave him a glowing reference regarding his effort

we will see I guess

I come from a land down-under
Spud

« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 05:27:10 »

Yes.

Think it's a load of bollocks myself. Do you honestly think that those players would celebrate the way they did after the Vale game if the 'allegation' was true? I don't think they would have.

We'll soon find out if it's nonsense. It was in The Daily Mail though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 05:38:40 »

Or after the Bradford game
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 05:50:58 »

For those of you who are worrying about a divided dressing room - don't... this comes down to a couple of disgruntled players taking a dig in revenge - you only have to look at the results from losing at Oxford onwards to see that the team kicked on pin the same way they kicked on when the Leon Clarke incident happened.

My guess, and it is only a guess because I wasn't here, is that this is a fringe player who heard the comment and shit stirred it back to Tehue - can't imagine it was anymore than 'he's a frog that can't jump' type comment rather than a slur on skin colour and will assume this until such time as I hear otherwise...

Keep calm and carry onto the Championship
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 06:02:29 »

For those of you who are worrying about a divided dressing room - don't... this comes down to a couple of disgruntled players taking a dig in revenge - you only have to look at the results from losing at Oxford onwards to see that the team kicked on pin the same way they kicked on when the Leon Clarke incident happened.

My guess, and it is only a guess because I wasn't here, is that this is a fringe player who heard the comment and shit stirred it back to Tehue - can't imagine it was anymore than 'he's a frog that can't jump' type comment rather than a slur on skin colour and will assume this until such time as I hear otherwise...

Keep calm and carry onto the Championship

I would like to think you are right, and part of me thinks you may be. The timing of it is a bit suspect - immediately after wining the award, and a long time after the actual incident. Why on earth didn't Tehoue report it a lot sooner unless it is sour grapes, and surely our board, usually so professional in these matters wouldn't have ignored something like this?

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 06:23:23 »

. Why on earth didn't Tehoue report it a lot sooner unless it is sour grapes

The fact that an internal investigation, lawyer involvement and enforced breaks are mentioned in the article suggest this happened a while ago.

The paper probably sat on it until an inopportune moment presented itself, like PDC winning the LMA award.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:05:52 »

suggest this happened a while ago.

As deltaincline said, possibly the reason why he wanted to quit a while back
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:33:12 »

When PdC said 45 days after the Gills game that took us back to almost the day that Tehoue signed.
Surely it would be a bit odd if this all blew up before Tehoue had been at the club for 5 minutes - unless the 45 days was wrong this doesn't seem to fit.
Forza_Swindon

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:40:16 »

My guess is Paolo said something jokingly that he didn't think was racist but it translated badly as said above.

A few players have an axe to grind and jumped on this opportunity.

My theory also.  Italians are much, much less worried about "political correctness" (as evidenced perfectly by Berlusconi and the length of time he was in power - remember his comments to Obama?) and therefore there are bound to be some cross-cultural issues.  Especially with disgruntled players who are unwilling to bear this in mind.  Hope this is all it amounts to anyway!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 07:51:30 »

When PdC said 45 days after the Gills game that took us back to almost the day that Tehoue signed.
Surely it would be a bit odd if this all blew up before Tehoue had been at the club for 5 minutes - unless the 45 days was wrong this doesn't seem to fit.

Ok, I couldn't be arsed to go back and check all the dates
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:16:32 »

It's the DAILY MAIL!!!!!!!

'Tis all.
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:20:48 »

People on twitter have gone into meltdown... we don't actually know the extend of the problem as of yet, the DM and Neil Ashton in particular have previous in creating a storm in a tea cup, the latter was ex NOTW which says everything you need to know.

Lets just wait and see what develops.
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:23:29 »

I think someone is just shit stirring.
Nothing mentioned about Tehoue being bitter and dogshit is there!!

« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:27:30 »

Going to the Winchester to have a nice cold pint and wait for this all to blow over

[url width=200 height=229]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v490/jamiethon/winchester.jpg[/url]
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:33:09 »

I agree with a fair few of these posts on here, yes its the Daily Mail, yes its a shit stirring reporter with "form" of stirring shit based on rumours.

I think the comment was aimed at his being French and PdC not being eloquent enough with English to get his point accross. This will have stirred up trouble with the other French speaking member of the squad who....coincidentally has also been told he can leave the club after being compaired to a "55 year old girl".

I have a feeling that its not a colour based racist comment, not that it makes things any better, but it all sounds like sour grapes from the player(s) involved and I don't think for 1 minute that he has in any way lost the dressing room, just that he has lost the respect of a few players who he does obviously not rate, so this I feel is their retribution.

I am fairly confident that this has already been dealt with "in house" and has been sorted, but it does drag PdC's name through the gutter once again, but this I am afraid is what we will have to deal with in having him as manager....controversy courting his every move.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 15, 2012, 08:34:45 by JJEdmunds » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: