Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Most atmospheric games  (Read 6335 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 19:36:39 »

Oh as I mentioned the other week, the Swindon Town 2-3 Blackburn Rovers atmosphere was brilliant. I was right at the back of the Statton Bank, the CG went mental.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 19:38:58 »

The game at City that finished 1-1 in 1987 (I think) where we kept them out of the play-offs (and let the pikeys in).

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 19:52:28 »

The game at City that finished 1-1 in 1987 (I think) where we kept them out of the play-offs (and let the pikeys in).

You'd think they'd show a bit more gratitude  Smiley
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 20:31:31 »

Oh as I mentioned the other week, the Swindon Town 2-3 Blackburn Rovers atmosphere was brilliant. I was right at the back of the Statton Bank, the CG went mental.

I was in the TE for that and got smacked in the face by a wayward Alan Shearer shot.

Never liked the cunt after that
ekarot

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 20:52:39 »

Stoke away a few days after Lou,fridge and hillier were arrested was ace.Boiling hot day and a real togetherness amongst the fans.And a pitch invasion before the final whistle by hundreds of stokies which was a bit scary as they approached us and then applauded us just as we were about to get on too.Also Blackburn away a few weeks later was good.Arsenal spurs and wolves home late 70 s very special to this little boy of 13
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 21:03:16 »

I was in the TE for that and got smacked in the face by a wayward Alan Shearer shot.

Never liked the cunt after that
Ah, that answers a lot of questions about why you are so fucking ugly then!!!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 21:04:36 »

Stoke away a few days after Lou,fridge and hillier were arrested was ace.Boiling hot day and a real togetherness amongst the fans.And a pitch invasion before the final whistle by hundreds of stokies which was a bit scary as they approached us and then applauded us just as we were about to get on too.Also Blackburn away a few weeks later was good.Arsenal spurs and wolves home late 70 s very special to this little boy of 13

Agree about stoke. Mentioned it on here before myself in a similar thread. Atmosphere was the best i've encountered anywhere. We clinched a play off place and they went down that day.
kerry red

« Reply #22 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 21:51:39 »

Luton away in the Simod Cup was awesome - Bamber was cheated that day.

Everton and Sheff Wed away in the PL were class days/evenings
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 21:59:00 »

Luton away in the Simod Cup was awesome - Bamber was cheated that day.
IIRC That was where he thought he was offside with a 1 on 1 with the keeper. Luton's got a Shit ground, just remember that scoreboard with 'come on you hatters' had a nightmare trip back car broke down got back about 3 or 4 in the morning.
I fucking hate Luton
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 22:05:20 »

One of the best for me was when we beat West Ham in a FA Cup replay, 3-1 I think.  West Ham had Bobby Moore, Martin Peters and Geoff Hurst amongst their team!!  Sorry but we are going back to the 60's for that one - I thought the atmosphere for the Crawley home game this season was the best for any home game this time.

Have to agree with that - not seen the Town faithful so united in despising an opponent for a long time! The fans really were behind the players for every kick and every tackle that game.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 22:08:50 »

Sheffield United away, our first game in the Prem. 3000 very excited town fans in dreamland (until they scored).

Cats are better than dogs FACT
kerry red

« Reply #26 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 22:15:44 »

Tranmere away in the play-offs - had a great day out.

My most hated game, though, was Everton away FA Cup replay - what a bunch of scouse cunts they were.

I remember one Swindon fan getting out of ambulance at Lime Street with hand bandaged up - where our northern rascals tried to cut his finger off to get at his wedding ring.

Wrexham away in the League Cup in the 70s was an epic day out on the old football special
JanTheMan

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 22:26:14 »

Bolton away in the league cup semi for me, well it was for 70mins. I cried that night. And it snowed. Cnuts.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 23:10:57 »

Town v bmuff in the Macari days.....atmosphere was explosive...

Kick off delayed and everything.

Clems Army!
NZrobin

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Friday, May 11, 2012, 23:17:50 »

Some wonderful memories...especially at home to West Ham in the FA Cup in 65. The replay with Arsenal in the 4-3 win and lets not forget beating Fulham 5-0.

However, surely it must be the league cup final in 69 ?

The chant of SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON SWINDON at the end of normal time and before extra time will live with me for ever.

Wonderful memories and lets hope more will come in the future......

Come on you reds...  Clap  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
Print
Jump to: