Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 38,000  (Read 4020 times)
leefer

Ignore
« on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 18:27:50 »

At Sheffield Wednesday today....that is incredible for LGE 1.

Always had a soft spot for the Owls being my first proper away match at an awesome stadium.....is this a record for league 1?
I know Villa got some big crowds years back in this league............38000 is mindblowing Clap
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 18:37:35 »

At Sheffield Wednesday today....that is incredible for LGE 1.

Always had a soft spot for the Owls being my first proper away match at an awesome stadium.....is this a record for league 1?
I know Villa got some big crowds years back in this league............38000 is mindblowing Clap

I'm pretty sure that back in my younger days, when they were both in the old Div 3 (may have even been the old Div 4), there was 50 odd thousand at Hillsborough for the boxing day derby game
Flashheart

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 18:37:51 »

I've been to Hillsborough. We lost.

Anyway, must have been quite an atmosphere there today.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 18:43:51 »

Just noted that Charlton got 101 points....pretty good achievement as well.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 18:49:53 »

not too many big teams in L1 next season, there's going to be quite a high number of teams with the potential to do well. this should work in our favour Smiley

Wednesday are one of those teams that shouldn't have been down this far in the first place - especially when you look at the likes of wigan in the premiership.

just wish the new season starts tomorrow
Flashheart

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 18:58:21 »

The Blades are quite a big team. They'll bottle the playoffs.

Coventry are also quite big for L1. And Portsmouth, yet they may not even make it.
BenTheRed

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 19:02:42 »

Coventry are also quite big for L1. And Portsmouth, yet they may not even make it.

if sheff utd bottle the playoffs, it wouldn't surprise me if they experience second season syndrome with wilson.

Coventry, could go into free fall too i reckon.
pericarp
is a nice chap

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 19:05:43 »

if sheff utd bottle the playoffs, it wouldn't surprise me if they experience second season syndrome with wilson.

Coventry, could go into free fall too i reckon.

Coventry have been hanging in the Championship for quite a while.
I don't expect them to do that well next year. Probably mid-table.

stfcinbmth

« Reply #8 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 19:30:55 »

Doubt very much if Pompey will be competing for the top spots next season, they are due a massive clearout. Nice awayday though for me
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 19:33:52 »

Doubt very much if Pompey will be competing for the top spots next season, they are due a massive clearout. Nice awayday though for me

And me.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 19:41:49 »

Coventry have been hanging in the Championship for quite a while.
I don't expect them to do that well next year. Probably mid-table.

Coventry are a strange club...I saw us stuff them at the CG 4-1 in 65, and since then one league visit in the Prem.

Somewhere in the intervening years, they had a decent season to get up to Div1, and since then outside of a cup win have been remorselessly mediocre....along with the scum, they've never been in a PO, although of course unlike the scum, for many seasons they weren't eligible, being in the top flight.

I often used to think if I was a Coventry fan I wouldn't mind going down, just to experience a decent winning season, a bit like us this season.

So I think it's entirely possible, that if they can get competitive, and start winning some games, the novelty might kick start something for them..
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 21:07:13 »

Coventry may not have a football club next year though. You know that the brown liquid is about to hit the fan when your club start offering lifetime season tickets for just over a grand.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 21:12:25 »

Coventry may not have a football club next year though. You know that the brown liquid is about to hit the fan when your club start offering lifetime season tickets for just over a grand.

Bloody hell, that is shit central.
Dozno9

« Reply #13 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 21:35:27 »

Fucking Hell, el desperado
Spud

« Reply #14 on: Saturday, May 5, 2012, 23:26:24 »

Heard on the radio on Friday that some Sheffield Wednesday tickets were going for a grand on eBay!!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: